Feedback regarding Ruby system.

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • Some time ago, we have announced some changes in the Shop and that we would like to work on further changes in the upcoming weeks and months. The Ruby system has been available in the game for a very long time and we would love to hear your feedback and opinions about it and possible changes or adjustment of this system.

Feel free to share with us such feedback like:

1) Do you like the idea of the payback currency, which you receive with every purchase?

2) Do you like the current offer, which we have in the Shop for the Rubies or you would like to see some changes?

2a) If you have any example, please share!

3) Or maybe you would prefer entirely different system?

3a) If yes, how it could look like in your opinion?

Please be aware that this thread has some rules and please respect them:

• Only constructive feedback is welcome here, any message not fulfilling this requirement will be removed.
    • Please try to be concise and focus on main points.
    • please stick to the topic of this thread, if you would like to give feedback regarding other topic, open separate thread on forum.
    • The goal is to gather concrete feedback, so we can evaluate the system and your opinions for the possible future changes.

We are looking forward to your constructive feedback and opinions!"

• Polog

Approved the thread.
  • To begin with payback system(e.g. Rubies) is great, however things which can be bought by these should not be exclusive. This creates a huge dis-balance in the system.

General Example:

One can obtain Rubies only when a player has bought an item on the Item shop using diamond as its a payback currency for diamonds.

Now if some item is exclusive and is to be only bought via Rubies then, to obtain them, first diamonds need to be purchased and used. This results in a bad chain reaction.

I think the most perfect example are Perfect Jewels

Edited once, last by Kisshenoy ().

• The whole concept of rubies is fine, the main problem is that with a 1:10 dias/ruby ratio you don't end up with enough rubies for your needs. To make an item you'd need drillers and perfect stones, but the amount of dias you'd spend is unlikely to give you the rubies you need. Also items that aren't commonly bought everyday, like a mount should give a larger amount then the base ratio, these are items that you only buy once, and usually it's for a new account. These rubies are great for new players to unlock bags for quests etc. Rubies on the old rate were perfectly fine imo, was never a reason to change it. The amount you received allowed players to have a steady income of rubies without paying a fortune in dias, since no one will be spending dias just to obtain rubies.

• Revert the amount of ruby given on diamonds spent to what it was before implementing the "useless" ruby wheel. (think it was 50% if i remember right ex 20 dias spent -> 10 rubies)

The system worked perfectly fine before .. please dont ruin this also :)

• I think the Ruby system is working ok now.

I, to my surprise, don't seem to have any problems getting enough rubies for my needs, without having to spend insane amounts on diamonds. This is mainly because of the price of tempered jewels, even with my apparently unique (judging by forum posts) success rate with +20 jewels. Anyone having the sort of bad luck reported on the forums here, should be flooded with rubies as a result. If you ever do reduce the price of +20 jewels to a more realistic level, that would have a serious impact on ruby availability!

One point I would raise is, with the reduction of diamond prices of a lot of the more commonly bought items, this reduces the amount of rubies that you would tend to receive for the same amount of purchases. If you apply a 10% reduction to the related ruby shop items (principally drillers and perfect stones), this would resolve any shortfall.

I think the change, making certain items, eg: crafting furniture and plant pots, buyable with either rubies or diamonds was a good move and I think maybe this could be further extended.

One last thing, please get the rounding sorted and implement a minimum 1 ruby return for any purchase.

Edited once, last by Caladin ().

• I talk with many players many times about this. My opinion is mostly same with others :)

Ruby reward have to be 50% of dias you use (100 dias = 50 ruby)

Also All kind of Prefect Jewels have to be in IS all time not on promao and not as reward from "The wheel of destiny"

"The wheel of destiny" to be removed FOREVER!

Also suggest to be added in list of censured phrase: "The wheel of destiny"!

like dark and deeply corrupted part of RoM hisotry

• The Ruby system prior was perfect. This across-the-board 10% Ruby system makes it difficult to purchase necessary items in the Ruby Shoppe.

GF Options if we are to keep the Rubies @ 10%...

1. Reduce all Ruby item costs by 50% -- defeats the purpose of limiting Rubies from diamond purchases.

2. Make all of the Ruby Shoppe Items available in the diamond shoppe at a reasonable price.

3. Apply variable Ruby returns like there used to be in the old system. ie, have a sale where Ruby returns are 50% for certain items. This way, GF would not need to reduce prices on certain items, but instead give more Rubies back.

• As Kisshenoy, Caladin, and ycavan have noted, ruby items should also be available for diamonds.

I worry that a percentage of new players trying out the game will get discourage at the prospect of plussing their gear without ready access to the lowest level perfect jewels. The XP events we've had recently have allowed new players to effectively power level their characters to the point at which stat'd and plussed gear is needed to enjoyably continuing with the game.

I do like Alissya's idea of giving more rubies for one-time items like mounts. I always advise new players that a permanent mount is the best purchase they can make to insure they enjoy the game. Having such a purchase generate an effective amount of rubies would also help the newbies out, and hopefully convert more of them to long-term players.

• It seemed pretty fair to players before they changed rubies from the old rate, it would be nice to return to that as well as being able to earn spendable rubies in other ways like when you do guild quests from the castle questboard, only you can actually spend the rubies rather than having them be the ones for guild needs. We used to put our rubies earned from diamond spending into our guild resources just to level the castle, we soon learned we couldn't afford to keep doing that. It may have been better if the castle resources used something like emeralds instead of rubies just to define them better, but also having them to spend freely would be great.

"A closed mouth gathers no feet."

• Well there are some good suggestions, but at the end of the day GF messed up the dia prices and promos and I won't

bother mentioning all the other fk ups GF has pulled off. All i can say is that it won't really matter if people don't buy dias

as you get rubies after buying dias only. Of course it would help if you reduce the nonexistent rubies prices, it is pretty

obvious ruby prices won't really matter for so called whales, highly doubt they even play Rom much except be active in

forums. However, people that invest time in ROM and specially for new starters GF should add 50% rubies gain on each

item bought from Item shop for example on 20 diamonds item u get 10 rubies with it, and it can allow GF to keep its

crappy prices on items .

PS fix diamond prices.

• I've always had a love hate relationship with rubies in game.

On one hand I love the Idea of a payback Currency. It gives us a certain value to deciding to pay for ingame currency.

On the other hand it being the only way to buy perfects has always been a pain in the butt.

I would also concur with the statements above, with the change in diamonds the ruby return has been to way way low.

Since we are on the subject. It is really annoying when you purchase mass items on sale days and the rubies do no scale.

Finally I have been thinking about the Wheel of silliness that is the "The wheel of destiny" I would like to offer a suggestion.

Either 1: Scrap it completely

or 2: make it a FREE weekly log in bonus once per week per account. just a thought :)

So i would

A.) increase the return of rubies on diamond purchases to 30-50%

B.) make everything purchasable with Rubies also be able to be purchased with diamonds

C:) scale ruby returns on purchases in favor of the player instead of the store

D.) Change the The wheel of destiny to a free weekly spin.

Saum

• Most of the above points are fair, however only with the point of view of a diamond buyer.

Making rubies only accessible to Diamond Buyers how much fair is it for a F2P player or a non diamond buyer?

So wouldn't it be fair, if rubies are provided not only as a diamond payback currency but also with with an alternate source as this will balance the whole economics around diamonds and rubies?

• Here's something to consider adding to ruby shop. I was looking over my pets today and noticed one pet had two (2) buff skills and another had four (4) with slots for a total of five (5). Why not give us the option to buy a potion to feed our pets so that they can gain, or even change, the buffs players can get from their pet during combat.

• As it was already said, the role of ruby is rather small these days. How about to restore the balance by making 3rd and 4th slot drillers available both for diamonds and ruby? Same way it works with chests, pets etc.

• There is still several ruby items that are ungiftable now that previously were for a solid decade.
    Such as-

Potent luck potion
    high-quality experience potion
    master skill potion
    convenient mail/bank/auctionhouse (these are new to be fair)
    the 1000/1500 ruby mounts
    All the house contracts... really?

If the intent is to keep these items ruby/character exclusive how about changing the old dia npc to give a few rubies so people could actually get this stuff.