Posts by Caladin

Pretty much any quest that involves killing elites and crowns in Howling Mountains, Sascilia Steppes and SIlversprings.

Playing as a lvl 96 killing lvl 94/5 mobs, I am getting much better drops than my wife who is lvl 100, killing lvl 96 mobs. Both of us are just using castle (30%) Lucky Target (75%) and pet (5%) frop buffs.

This suggests lvl diff is effecting drops at least, so using noobs or may honour party should work even if other buffs don't.

There is a quest in trade square of obsidian fortress that gives you 10 salves, and it only takes 5mins to do it.

Thanks for this information. I'm not up to that level yet, but will probably be soon. ^^

You must be up to the level or you wouldn't be in Ystra. I believe its a lvl 10 quest but only shows up once you have a 2nd class and the quest mark has an annoying habit of not showing.

The only quest that still does not work in Bethomia is "Dreadlord of the Thirteen Circles". That quest still needs a support ticket to get the item mailed to your char as it is still a boss drop from a boss that doesn't die, and it doesn't show up in his chest...

The people that look back on Frogster days with rose-tinted glasses, forget why Frogster pulled out of the hosting market (went bust) - Gold sellers and their associated bot gold farmers. The problem did not exist just in this game but across the board in the F2P market. Original F2P strategies assumed (if they considered them at all) that Gold sellers+bots would be a minor nuisense and easily dealt with and players would be honest and refuse to buy from them, a very naieve expectation. These people, with far lower, if any, overheads could easily undercut Frogster diamond prices on the in-game market, both buy manipulating the diamond - gold price and the AH price for desirable drops.

When Gameforge took over they did the only thing possible, they removed diamonds from the in-game market. This killed the gold sellers almost overnight and made the game viable again. People also forget that they halved the diamond price of most of the popular IS items at the time (EG: Puris dropped from 39 dias under Frogster to 19 under GF). They tried with Cedric to reintroduce a limited in-game market for dias with Cedric but he was soon exploited to death so had to be removed too. The price "!rises" that occurred at that time under GF at that time were the introduction of new items into the game, principally jewels and more drillers that immediately became must have's for players.

Up to that point, I did not have a problem with the changes. The game had been far to easy to be F2P.

Recently Gameforge do seem to be making the game more expensive for diamond buyers, possibly cos they can't squeeze out the Fp2 players any more. The game has been made "cheaper" for anyone that happened to buy dias mainly outside of Happy Hours and buys outside to their sales. This of course is a small minority (if anyone). For the majority who buy diamonds in happy hours and buy the main items on sales, the game is now more expensive.

This is why I now feel the game is being run down. Also, despite reassurances to the contrary, when the developer of the game ceases hosting their own version of the game, the likelihood of them continuing much development for international hosts is not high, and definitely not going to be a high priority.

Taxi : I think you misunderstood my reply. I don't disagree that further merges would benefit the game. I simply don't think there is any incentive for Gameforge to carry any out in the current climate.

Klaymen's post, if accurate and I have no reason to disbelieve it, confirms a long held belief that this game will come to a close at some point in 2020.

Given apparent populations and a lot of players "merging" themselves to new servers by creating new chars on same accounts, I don't think the incentive is there for a new set of merges.

I understand that doesn't help those not in a position to start afresh, but I think that's a big factor in the lack of further merges.

The closest token shop is in Varanas Central outside the bank to the left. There is one in Dalanis too (and OS I think). They all sell the same stuff as far as I know.

The better furniture is only available from the Item Shop.

Some events have rewards that include furniture with bonuses as well (not the current one I think).

Treasure Trove instance has openable chests in it that can give a storage chest that also givers a bonus. Once you can run the ini safely you can farm those, best during drop events like the one about to start.

Personally, I would only bother with TP furniture, there is plenty of Exp in this game if you are not power leveling to endgame in a week.

In recent years, the anniversary event subsumed the Masked Ball, hence the masks as rewards in the anniversary event and the same element and zodiac pet for both.

My point of view is that the cost of the mats in the event far out-weighs the cost of the production runes (most of which are easily farmable in an honour party), esp if you have planter alts. I agree that it is more convenient and much faster in the crafting event.

All level 60 crafting chest recipes are sold by the carpentry instructor in Dalanis.

While Dray is correct that the crafting festival is much faster for leveling crafts, I did not find it cheaper. It cost me 55kk to level a craft from 15 to 100 the couple of times I did it. That was with the pot from phirius tokens and the set skill for crafting exp boost and the boost from the lvl 4 title quest.

Cheaper way to raise crafts is to have alt planters to supply you with the needed mats.

2 7-day and 2 30-day here and its gone back to fay 1 cos they need someone to trigger the change (or a maint) I think.

Also got another 9th anniversary gasha and no pet so suspect I won;t see the pet in the morning, not a 10th annibersary gasha

I tested and got the 9th Gasha on a Vidar toon that has existed for some time. Only been playing on Idun recently and they are all newly created, obviously,

This toon came from Agenor (not sure of I had it on Macantacht) so also tested from a toon that I originally created on Aurora and that toon also got the 9th Gasha.

Treasure Riot

• Event type: find and collect items
    • Start NPC: Kekonee
    • Start location: Varanas Bridge
    • Event Target: Find a collect the set of cards to trade them with Kekonee.

Fifio You are right, it could be this, as its the same NPC for the card trade. Let's hope they got the cut and paste wrong on the description!

The problem is with this year's rewards isn't the delivery system, which at least let's you distribute the rewards to the chars of your choice on an account but rather, as is being highlighted here, the quality of the rewards. The available rewards are far inferior to previous years, in terms of usefulness to the majority of players (the diamond value is irrelevant here).