Posts by saum02

Sorry Ernest, I think they found it insulting in some way, though honestly i tried to be as eloquent as I could. I gave up after this

I do check the forums occasionally to see if anything has gotten better but sadly it doesn't appear to be the case.

Would I ever come back???? maybe but not at the current price point.

I would say more but im afraid it would just come across as bitter, so i wont.

Best of luck to those still playing that things get better !

Saum

I'm sorry Sarkas, but I simply don't believe these posts anymore.

GF will just use any suggestions we make to find new ways to screw us over. Why should this post be any different?

I have never had a single one increase an items Plussing level. They are complete waste of time. On top of that getting a +12 - +16 First Rate gem on a DAY 30 of our daily loyalty bonus is really depressing.

While we are on the topic of depressing. Last october when the changes to the item shop were in full swing ,the board mods asked us for patience as they will be editing prices over the coming months......

yeah that was a lie. You never revisited any pricing after the first major changes and all you actually did was make the game even more expensive to play.

The item shop changes are garbage.

The change in diamond prices is still a slap in the face

and don't get me started on how badly you messed up the ruby system of the game.

these thing have single handedly ruined the in game economy.

P.S. I hate the new items changes in the daily log in bonus as well.... Total fail

At least it would be an improvement to go back to the old values in the past. It's just true that making things more expensive doesn't bring in more money. Reducing the prices in the shop and giving more diamands for money would increase the will to buy and use them instead of thinking about it and more often saying no.

This !

Sadly true.

The funny thing is they have the ability to make real money with the item shop. They are just so dang greedy that the miss the forest through the trees.

Here is a couple examples.

I had asked for them to keep the Jade Treasure keys in the Item shop for a couple weeks after the anniversary event ended so we could buy them and clean the glistening Jade chests from our inventory. "I have probably over 1000 across multiple toons." Well... they did. but not once did they put them on sale. and at 5 diamonds per key its not worth purchasing them for what is inside. If they were 2 or 3 diamonds a key, i would have bought a slew of them. but even if you buy 50 of them to get the best price. "they avg out to 4 dias each". still not worth it.

Or when they do have something cool in Item shop for sale. they neglect to even tell us about it.

For instance today in the Item shop they have the Strong Boca pet for sale "20% to tp/xp/loot and sacks with normal pets" Its rare to have pets on sale with a buff other than Buddy Resonance and spiritual half. "I'm still looking for them to put one up for sale that has the Kindred spirit buff" It was just dumb luck that i checked the Pet section to see it available !

Lets move on to plussing gear.

I can spend 500 diamonds in a single attempt to plus my weapon up to 17-20 with no guarantee of success. that equals neary $20 a try !

Let me tell you the first time you fail in mass at that level you just put away your wallet and don't try anymore. That equals more LOST income for them.

Next up is Durability increasers.

No way these should be as expensive as they are. 100 diamonds each with a 100% guarantee success and I would buy them. Heck some gear i have has an 85 durability. thats money in the bank for them if they got realistic on pricing.

Honestly I wish they would fire their entire marketing dept. They are single handedly ruining the game. "please pass on to the marketing dept that I said that"

and here is what I would do to FIX this mess.

1st I would set diamond rates as follows.

1000 Diamonds per $10 spent. 10% bonus after the first purchase

so it would read

$10 1,000 Diamonds with no bonus

$20 2,000 Diamonds with a bonus of 200 diamonds

$50 5,000 Diamonds with a bonus of 500 diamonds

$100 10,000 Diamonds with a bonus 1,000 diamonds

$200 20,000 Diamonds with a bonus 2,000 diamonds

As for Rubies i would set a flat minimum return rate of 30%

so 100 diamonds spent = 30 rubies regardless of what was purchased.

I would also set a ruby price for EVERY item in the item shop in addition to its diamond price. we earned the rubies by giving you money, let us players decide what WE WANT TO SPEND RUBIES ON

Moving onto Gems

No gem should have less than a 66% success rate. PERIOD. I don't mind a little risk, but Gameforge has gotten ridiculous.

No gem should ever cost more that $5 per attempt.

I went from spending a couple hundred bucks a month back in the day, to only buying diamonds occasionally these days. My passion for the game hasn't changed. my pocket book is still doing good. its just gameforge Greed thats has changed.

Saum

P.S.

As with everything around here i fully expect this to fall on deaf ears, or worse yet for gameforge to butcher what was said and increase prices even more as they have done with the new Diamond rates and ruby returns

I didn't even attempt to upgrade gear when the new stuff came out. It's just to expensive for the little increase i would have received. I would love a new staff but I'm not gonna spend basically $100-$200 just to get it to a usable state.

Funny thing is I have a bunch of plussing stones from the anniversary event. I finally decided to just use them on my siegewar gear.

I get that ownesteen is the only NPC visiting us for the **** 10TH **** anniversary....

You can't tell me much work would have gone into putting the other NPCs there. The code was already written for previous years.

It's sad... but expected

it's only a couple hundred K for a housemaid to get the pots "I bought one housemaid for each of my alts in preparation for this event", and getting the escape artist title isn't hard. i have it on all but one of my alts :)

Just get some guildies together "make sure one is a decent rogue" and farm it a bit :) If nothing else it will make all your alts lives a bit easier to run around with that title on.

I know everybody has a favorite strat for Secret Gardens. I figured i would share mine with you guys. I've included pics on starting position, proper point to click the next chest, and the transition at the end of the row to make it easier.

Before you begin I recommend having any run speed modifiers on thay you have access to. This includes the following titles

Escape Artist "10% Run Speed"

Arm of Steel "5% Run Speed"

Thanks for your Company "8% Run Speed"

Stalwart Adventurer "10% Run Speed"

Also be sure you have your Unbridled Enthusiasm Potion from you housemaids on !

I've also been told

W/R can also use the "Speed Up" ability

and Hunters can use Restless hunter

First up is starting position. I prefer to start just to the left and forward of Kekonee. I scroll out to max on 3rd person view

xqib6g.jpg

The goal is to run right down the middle of 2 rows of chests. click the left chest and when the status bar gets to the end of the word "Chest" click the right chest. "see below"

once you get at this same point on the right Chest start moving forward to the next set of chests. .

s187ig.jpg

2467ww2.jpg

Repeat this till you are at the end of the row of chests.

As you are finishing the right Chest at the end of the row slide to the middle of the next 2 rows of chests on the right side and head back down toward Kekonee

2v7yrya.jpg

I can net in the high 30's consistently using this method, and I like to do it this way because there is only 1 change of rows. The Fairies giving you speed boosts is always a blessing but you can't count on it ! :) Anyway that's the way I do it :) feel free to add your own thoughts as well :)

Saumess

Mage with More Stompin' Power than a Sex Crazed Rhino on Bad Acid !

Member of Crush Guild

On a brighter note. this is the first 50% diamond sale since the change in format last year. it actually equals what we would receive on the old diamond weekend sales.

and I did get the title in the costume package. "I would Buy that title for a few of my alts if it was for sale, but hearing the horror story of folks buying hundreds of the Fortune Packages, and NOT getting the title.... I will sadly pass". Again it's a missed opportunity on Gameforges part

PS... whats the deal with the Daily log in bonus still doing the 10 day anniversary event. do we have to go through this drek again?

I wanted to take a few minutes to go over the changes to the new Ruby system in detail. I was pretty excited when GF asked for our feedback on changes we would like to see made.

I have to say I'm fairly disappointed with what they came up with. Allow me to explain.

First there is no longer a consistent return on diamonds. Some items give 25% return on items while most items players would want only give a 10% return on diamonds

for instance

If you purchase Enhanced Moon Jewel - Elven it costs you 35 Diamonds and returns 3 rubies a 10% return for investment

If you Purchase a Green Devil turtle mount It costs you 300 Diamonds and gives 75 Rubies back. a 25% return for investment

Maybe that's intentional but it's certainly not what we requested when you asked for feedback

Next let's talk about None tradable items. I can't see why GF did this. I have guildies that love costumes and such, so for their R/L birthdays i would usually gift them a set. With the new change that won't be as likely. There was no reason to do this. It gains you no more cash and can alienate some folks who do like to gift costumes. Not to mention the prices on costumes are OUTRAGEOUS ! 1000 rubies for a Silver Envoys Costume... yeah you can keep that

next up let's talk about pets

I like the graphics on some of the new pets. and IF they had an ability "Buddy resonance for example" I might even consider purchasing one or two. I'm not sure why marketing thought it was a good idea to create new pets with either zero abilities or what has to be the strangest pet ever "The grey Wolf-Pet Egg" only gives a bonus to XP.

I simply cannot justify a 800 ruby Spring Piglet vanity pet when the only purchases i will be getting rubies from are needed items all of which have the same old crappy 10% return rate !

Finally when you asked for feedback i mentioned scalability in returns. This was not addressed or fixed. for example

If i purchase a single Jade Treasure Key for 5 diamonds I receive a single ruby in return "20% return on investment"

Yet if I choose to buy them in mass and buy 50 at once it costs 200 diamonds and the return is 20 rubies "a 10% return on investment" so I can save 50 diamonds and lose 50 rubies? that's just silly

Oh and before i forget. Good riddance to the wheel of sillyness. It's not like we are going to have extra rubies to spend on it with the rework the way it is now anyway.

In closing, I'm not sure why GF bothers asking for feedback they seem to ignore what we have to say anyway. these changes did not go nearly far enough to fix a broken system and I would request they take a second look at it.

If it were me this is what i would do

Make rubies universally scale to 30% of diamonds spent. on EVERY ITEM

Remove the non-giftability

Adjust prices on vanity items to a realistic level.

Feel free to add your own thoughts below

Saum

Well I spent the weekend grinding and here are a few new thoughts for ya.

First the drops from the daily log in were a bit underwhelming as usual.

Day 7: Powerful Pet Growth Potion

Day 8: Potent Luck Pot

Day 9: 1000 house energy

Also and very interesting to me two new things came up

First Nobody seems to have gotten any of the world card drops "Happy, Anniversary, From, Runes of Magic"

I wonder if they forgot to enable to world drop of the cards. Honestly it's kinda nice NOT to have my bags full of hundreds of worthless cards but it is listed in the events and i haven't seen a single card nor have any of my guildies

Second, It seems some new toons are getting the 9th anniversary Gasha as well as the 10th anniversary certs for logging in. that seems fairly odd that's for sure

I'm going through the ruby changes now.... thoughts on that to come

Todays reward was another Standard Aggregator :(

Couple other notes

I also ran the new event twice more since my last update. I had enough for another turn in !

I got a 7 day Grand Doge Mount :(

That's pretty depressing considering how easy it is to get a permanent mount using ribbons from the current festival games. These should have been permanent as well. Has anyone pulled a piglet? I'm hoping they come with an effect "like Buddy Resonance" but somehow i get the feeling they are just vanity pets.

Also i noticed the pot you get from the cake in central plaza only has 1 effect. It's Pdeff no matter what type of cake you get. Though some offer 4K, and others have 6k or 9K buffs. I do like that they are permanent and tradable, but I really wish they had more variety

Ran back in and got a single hit. you do get a single reward for it. Not sure its as quick as the snowball fight was. Teleports only take you to the boss for the fight. you will have to run back to reset. "if that makes sense"

Phase 2 is very funneled for the players and the bosses aoe get anyone in range so basically i had to run in and toss the energy ball, get transformed into the metal sphere, stuck report out, port to Central plaza and collect my 1 ticket. seeing as you need 10 tix for a turn in..... not good.

Unless somebody else figures out a better way to do that.

Just participated in the new event.

It's very similiar to the snowball fight we do at christmas time. boss mob with a small target area. you run around grabbing energy balls to toss at him.

50 hits = 10 tix = 1 turn in for me. "Have to test if it works on the same mechanics as the snowball event, where 1 hit and exiting is more efficient"

I recieved

Digital Enigma Pack

A large Mysterious reward from the Misty group. Opening this package will give you one gift: 10th anniversary Gasha, Dancing Lion Piglet, Grand Doge Mount, Spring Piglet, or Grand Doge !

I received the 10th anniversary Gasha. Possible rewards from that are

1 Kitsune Mount (permanent)

4 Daily quest Tix

1 Phoenix redemption

3 Advanced Star Jewels - Elven

3 Advanced Moon Jewels - Elven

3 Advanced Sun Jewels - Elven

5 Home Sweet Home Runes

5 marking Ink

5 Transport Runes

Phase 2 is nearly impossible, everybody got locked down, so we couldnt really continue