Diamond Reduction - Slap in the Face!

• Well, I prefer my time over money and was going to drop $200 on this next promo, to hopefully last awhile (lol...let's be real things are too expensive, would really only last a month). But, since they slapped me with their flaccid @*!@s, looks like I wont be dropping that kind of money, or any...Old player about to be turned off of game again just by the disrespect given to diamond buyers.

• Hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha oh my god why are people still playing this game. How many times does GF have to show you that they literally don't care about the players?

It already cost thousands of dollars to remain endgame in RoM.. and you increased the price. It's so bad it's actually come all the way around to hilarious.

• Think I missed Aqualink, Heron, and any others retraction of statements, eating of words or jumping on rage trains.

Good luck with that.

Again Gierforge with their endless greed. I still have yet to understand why premium currency promos have to be the same through different Gameforge games? Why is that a necessity? Seriously, why? It's just a lame excuse to shove it in 1 inch deeper into the RoMmunity.

A room full of monkeys could run the game better.

• Not sure really what to add here that has not been said.

Utterly disgusted myself.

This means tbh they do not care about the old community one bit.

Probably new players spend more so yes why keep the older ones happy just let them leave one by one.

Since there are thousands more new incoming it doesn't matter really.

With old prices it costed already thousands of euro to make gear to play endgame.

Not planning to make myself anything new after this and there goes the point with a new instance you don't need it since you can't make the gear.

SoVvjsU.png

• Are you still content? I'm not trying to be snarky, heron. I really want to know, playing this game, knowing the cost to play end game... Are you okay with the current diamond prices?

• Yeah, any insane person would be okay with this...so Heron, where's your response?

• About the only thing any of us can do is just quit playing. Gameforge is not going to do anything to lower the cost of the game as has been proven over the last few years or so. Every change that has been implemented in regards to Item Shop/Diamond(Ruby) transactions has been to increase cost.

Taking away ruby bonus for Phirius token puchases. Removing the Phirius Token tab in the Item shop and placing some of those items not all ( 15 slot storage chest ) on an in game vendor. As well as moving many fluff items from diamonds to Rubies, which increased the cost of those items ten-fold. Lucky for the customer none of these items were essential to being end game but totally increased the cost of having fun - crafting furniture is my big peeve.

And now increasing the amount received for non sale ( happy hour ) diamond packages seemed to be a positive step yet we now all get to see how that actually has turned out. We the customer due to the high price of the game would mainly only purchase Diamond packages when they doubled the amount per package on a sale ( happy hour ).

It is just trends to price everyone out so they can just get rid of this headache called Runes Of Magic. I would agree totally about them wanting the old player base to be totally gone then there would be no one accustomed to the way things used to be, there for everyone would be accepting of the current operations.

And just an FYI there is not an influx of new players at least on the Phoenix ( US ) server last I checked. Total houses created were only around 2100. If you check the old server there is over 100k houses created. So if the other new servers in their respective regions are anything similar to the Phoenix server then there is not some overly large influx of new players.

• And now increasing the amount received for non sale ( happy hour ) diamond packages seemed to be a positive step yet we now all get to see how that actually has turned out. We the customer due to the high price of the game would mainly only purchase Diamond packages when they doubled the amount per package on a sale ( happy hour ).

I didn't like the current diamond sale paired with the diamond tariff change, but GF has done sales in a range of percentages (or at least they used to for a long time) with 140% being the most desirable of previous sale rates. I think it's still possible GF could do a 50% or 60% promo, but since the community was waiting for a 140% sale equivalent, starting with a 30% promo wasn't a good look to older players. Maybe it looked good to new players on Steam.

As far as population, I'll say that Steam shows somewhere between 300-500 people in-game in the afternoons. Not going to assume they're all the same players all the time, but it probably does not amount to thousands of new, active players. Here's a source: https://steamcharts.com/app/808290

Checkmäte
    Warden / Warrior / Rogue / Scout / Mage / Druid

Server: Aeterna (PVE)
    RIP Indigo (PVP)

• i think almost all players who still play endgame now with his gear can play another year or maybe 2 ,no need for diamonds ,we can survive without diamonds,lets see if they can without our cash ;)

Taxi

R/M R/WRD

S/WRD S/R

MERGE SERVERS...Ibergard in EU<3

Retired from Game,game become p2w

• And now increasing the amount received for non sale ( happy hour ) diamond packages seemed to be a positive step yet we now all get to see how that actually has turned out. We the customer due to the high price of the game would mainly only purchase Diamond packages when they doubled the amount per package on a sale ( happy hour ).

I didn't like the current diamond sale paired with the diamond tariff change, but GF has done sales in a range of percentages (or at least they used to for a long time) with 140% being the most desirable of previous sale rates. I think it's still possible GF could do a 50% or 60% promo, but since the community was waiting for a 140% sale equivalent, starting with a 30% promo wasn't a good look to older players. Maybe it looked good to new players on Steam.

As far as population, I'll say that Steam shows somewhere between 300-500 people in-game in the afternoons. Not going to assume they're all the same players all the time, but it probably does not amount to thousands of new, active players. Here's a source: https://steamcharts.com/app/808290

Yes in order for the Diamond package changes to equate to the old price they would have to do 100% sale which I do not see happening( Posts made by Celes about sales now being 30~50% to be in line with their other games). Not sure if that was you or someone else that already showed the percent difference between the old and new pricing ( Happy Hour ) sales. Even at 60% sale your going to get less diamonds than previous.

If they hold up to their word about more changes and price adjustments coming in the next few weeks/months then it better be a reduction in the IS cost of items by at least 50% then the sales and diamond packages would look awesome to old and new players alike possibly. But trying to put the Cart in front of the horse usually does not work very well. So maybe they should have remained holding off on sales till after they adjusted the cost of the items in the Item Shop.

I have no idea bout population but is steam counting both old and new servers or just accounts that are steam or have been linked with steam? I never linked any of my accounts to steam - basically I do not like dealing with a 3rd party applications at this point. Comments regarding population are based on my speculations.

At this point I know my decision is to play without spending another penny on RoM. I will enjoy till it ends or I when I decide to move on but no longer will I give financial support to this company based on how they have handle the situation to this point.

• ahahahahahahaha think GF people are high

anyway 1 year to go before people quit since none will make new gear with these prices, and old gear is enough for 1 more year.

If whales buy dias at these prices they are dumber then the GF people

• No, they would probably not do a 100% sale based on the messages from staff I've read so far. I thought someone previously said a sale with the current tariff changes would have to be 50% or 60% to be equivalent to old sale pricing, but I can take that with a grain of salt. Maybe you're right that it would have to be as high as 100%. Math is not my strong suit, I let other people do math haha. (It was definitely someone else that did the charts for the recent sale on Sunday.)

I read comments from Phelan on the DE forum that said this recent sale was very successful for GF and they didn't have this much traction during a sale since the Spring, even though only a fraction of all the changes they would like to implement were live (and who knows what those other changes may be, but I'm guessing individual item price changes). I won't try to say this sale didn't work well for them; they said it did work. I wonder if the benchmark for comparison is reliable though since Steam was not a feature back in the Spring and they've openly attributed some population growth to Steam. New players on Steam could have purchased during this sale and offset the number of older players that didn't purchase during this sale.

I don't know much about the Steam API, but the site I referenced says: "The collector queries the number of concurrent players on an hourly interval for every single game in the Steam catalog." Since it's Steam's API, I assume it would have to be only players accessing the game through Steam. It doesn't show how players online are distributed across servers.

If they make additional changes that are good for players across the board or if they offer a fair sale, I think it's still worthwhile to consider purchasing. Reinforce the behavior you like, discourage the behavior you don't like. Sales have objective, measurable metrics. If they do something good that you like, give them the data that proves it. Based on what Phelan wrote, they value the numbers over anything that is said on the forum.

Checkmäte
    Warden / Warrior / Rogue / Scout / Mage / Druid

Server: Aeterna (PVE)
    RIP Indigo (PVP)

• lol and agin lol...500-600player in new server? trust me is max 100-150 or even less rest daily alts -(^_^)-..or some bored old player who reg this new server same like ppl do whit arcadia

and if yous wanna know me option...pointless run lower instance " only iss" or gearing from when lvl 100 is ingame cap ...atlest new server viable 1-2 year later when able to gather this server 12 geared endgame player..." sw title zodiac pet title bonus hoe set normal pet secret dragon MW pet etc etc "

welcome new server merge soon :)

• Darli: My parity calculations were for EUR prices, not USD, so if you were refering to my calcs in the DE section, take those with a grain of salt. Back-of-the-napkin from after the tariff change but before the promo hit ended up at around 84,5% for parity in USD.

It might be slightly lower since the fixed bonus amount does scale with the promo unlike originally (before we could see it) assumed.

I still don't have the *old* USD base values and fixed bonus values at hand.

[This user speaks English on a near native level.]

[This user speaks German on a native level.]

[This user can curse in a variety of languages.]

In the beginning the Universe was created.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Trust me, I'm an engineer.....with epic skill and epic gear

• At USD prices, a 64.2% promo would match the old 140% promo. It is the same in Pounds Sterling but I wold be paying more as I would get the same amount of diamonds for £99.99 as for US$99.99, but that is a long-standing anomally that has been benefiting me for the past three years. I can't comment on the Euro pricing as I have never bought for Euros.

• Yeah Heron. Where's the response? Hope the GM team didn't hold their breath with that blind faith on Gierforge and fasted all these days, cuz oh boy... those are some big paragraphs to swallow.

Such faith. So letdown. Wow.

• Oh no I think GF is butt hurt. Item Shop down all day so no Loyalty Bonus maybe they are taking this away too!!!!:evil: I still cannot understand why games have to have equal pricing if the players from there other games were complaining then why did they not just start playing ROM????

And still no responses from Heron or Aqualink LMAO

• I read all the comments twice thinking I missed what he said after this!! :P

P.S: Still waiting for a comment on this... :thumbup:

• Hi All!

Thank you for your feedback regarding our tariff change. All negative and positive feedbacks are always important for us to determine our next steps.

I would like to inform you that we will now be working on further adjustments to the shop . We now have reduced the price gap it existed between HH/non HH, and it’s likely some items will now be sitting in one or the other extreme, so we will have a look into it as mentioned. Adjustment process can of course take some weeks and during this period, therefore i (personally) would like to kindly ask you for your patience.

Thank you!