No 140% Dia Promo?

• I think enough players are buying dias at the regular prices atm, so it might take a while.

I hope that's not the case, cause if it is, that means we have a lot of unintelligent people playing this game or just people who have no sense of the true value of a dollar (or w/e currency you are using).

Those prices are almost the equivalent of being robbed.

• Strictly speaking, the majority of regularly bought items that were in the IS under Frogster are cheaper under Gameforge. The reason it feels more expensive is that newer items were added, that became "must have" and these are more expensive than the older items. The most obvious example is plussing jewels, where +16 jewels were a rare offer and not in IS when Frogster went under and now we have up to +30 jewels, with +20 jewels at still insanely out of balance prices.

• Well yes, some things were more expensive and rare back then, even dia promos... But at the same time we had Cedric, Score for More loyality program, once a day free Wheel of Fortune and diamonds tradable on AH. Not to mention a good ruby bonus. So even if the prices were higher, there were more possible ways to get diamonds without paying real money. And as far as I remember people were more willing to buy diamonds with real cash. Maybe because they didn't feel that they were treated like a bag of money to be sucked up clear. They were giving something (money) but were receiving something in exchange, too. And now? Prepare your wallet to be drained and what you'll get is disappointment... Sad but true.

• The prices Frogster had in their Item Shop were a bit higher, but you needed less of literally everything. Chapters 1 and 2 you could get by with dirty stat gear, tiering to 7 or 8 was sufficient, and there weren't any jewels above +12. You could buy plussing jewels with 100% success rates, you didn't need to gamble for them. You spent far less money overall to gear completely for endgame in Chapters 1 and 2 compared to subsequent Chapters, so more people were willing to spend the money to do it. Because more people could afford to play the full game content, there were more people playing the game and staying in the game.

Gameforge sells some items cheaper than Frogster, but it's not enough to offset how fast this game scaled up with respect to gear progression. The game is also developed in such a way to make increasing investments in gear progression mandatory. (It's more noticeable with minimum requirements for successful instance runs, but there are quest zones that also scale up mobs. Any old players remember the first time going into Savage Lands? It was "savage" for a reason...)

That's why more and more people wait for diamond sales. That's why more and more people expect bigger sales. This system is not (and never was) sustainable in its current format. It's already gotten to the point where the average player can't reasonably afford to play through to endgame using their own money. Don't look at the individual prices; there's a bigger picture to consider.

I hope all the players that are waiting get a diamond sale soon, but sales are just a band-aid fix for this. This is one of the biggest reasons Runes of Magic couldn't stay competitive in the F2P game market and lost a lot of players.

Checkmäte
    Warden / Warrior / Rogue / Scout / Mage / Druid

Server: Aeterna (PVE)
    RIP Indigo (PVP)

• Pls some1 tell GF that, if they have troubles with promos due to new steam release, they can always lower the prices on IS during given weekends in place of doing dias promo.

• My guess (I have no inside knowledge so don't hate on me) is that there won't be one for another few months, the new players from steam are still buying "regular" (non-promo) dias since they think it's good value (once they get to lvl 100 they will realise this is not the case), and now they get slightly more when they buy regular dias. So they will probably be thinking if we increase the amount of diamonds we can delay a promo until the sales dry up.

That's what I see anyway, I am wrong occasionally

• Yes, slightly more. Getting 3,500 diamonds instead of 3,000 is not going to change much when you consider how much it costs to make gear in the game, unless you play a support combo or a healer.

• Only a moron buys with these prices diamonds excuse my french.

So if no further diamond promos is expected then more will leave cause it was really expensive before and now even more.

It is like speaking to a wall except the wall would be more responsive to what players want.

SoVvjsU.png

• It is nice to see people are still playing this game, I mean if someone just scammes you once, you might forgive but this many times, I really dunno how you guys are still having fun with this game obviously noone cares about.

• It is nice to see people are still playing this game, I mean if someone just scammes you once, you might forgive but this many times, I really dunno how you guys are still having fun with this game obviously noone cares about.

I don't do endgame, that's how. I did it once and once was enough. :D Horizontal progression feels more rewarding.

Checkmäte
    Warden / Warrior / Rogue / Scout / Mage / Druid

Server: Aeterna (PVE)
    RIP Indigo (PVP)

• Going by the info given the the other thread on this, "Diamond Reductions...", with the new amounts of diamonds per purchase, it would take a 65% promo to match the diamonds you would get under the old 140% Promo. So anything above a 65% promo would give a reduction in costs to the typical diamond buyer that only buys under promos.

That's the good news. The bad news is that as this change is designed to bring RoM in line with other GF games, including the name change of "diamond promo" to "happy hour", based on a post by Celes in the Polish forums, the standard "happy hour" bonus is 20-50% in other games. If that happens in RoM too, this will not reduce the cost of playing RoM for the average diamond buyer.

Have to love it when someone is so bored miserable they take time to create an account to troll people. I cannot (nor will) buy diamonds to stat 100 level toons I have but can see myself starting new toon to be f2p.

• Game could be fun as well for most people if management showed even the smallest interest towards the game.

• I assume we will at some point get the 50% promo that is the max in other GF games but that still won't match the 60-65% needed to match the old style 140% promo.

Edited once, last by Caladin ().

• the problem is people complain and still recharge with 30%,so idk whos fault it is?(

Taxi

R/M R/WRD

S/WRD S/R

MERGE SERVERS...Ibergard in EU<3

Retired from Game,game become p2w