Use of macros should be restricted!

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • Let's all make the game easier for the one percent of players that don't understand what macros are.

By forcing those who have taken the time to learn and build them to do without? Then let's ban PVP gear from siege to keep the game even for those players who haven't made the effort to build gear specifically for siege. NOT!!

But in both cases you have made the choice on how you want to play. Macros aren't new. The game was designed to use them from the gate. Made my first RoM macro in December 2008. Because you CHOSE not to learn how to make or how to use or you don't like to use macros, doesn't mean those of us who have learned how to use, spent time finding the best utilization, writing lines and re-writing to find the effect we are looking for based on the games allowed structuring should have to play it your way. Both sides chose to learn the game the way they learned it. You're just mad because you chose the worse of the two for siege. As far as pvp gear, I don't love it but it's a choice to use it or not just like the macros. Your choice not to use macros is on you and no one else. The macros that exist are there because players spent hundreds of hours in typing, researching, implementing and testing the macros. They didn't just make themselves. Furthermore, as players in this thread have pointed out, addons "like" kittycombo already do what the macros do. You want to ban addons in SW too? Honestly, if you don't like a core function of a game, rather than making others play the game the way you want it to be, go play a different game that doesn't have macros.

If you want to see the truth, hold no opinions. Look at it objectively, rather than "your way".

• this world does have scripting . use of macros IS restricted . you cant remove the scripting without destroying the player base .

nobody wants it removed more than me . its a bad idea to remove scripting in rom .

i kill the programs bots and spammers out of online games .

these are the botters in online games its nice to have them isolated .

i watch very close . ill kill them off the maps if they misuse scripting by sending to support if i have to . i have developed a higher tolerance in runes of magic .

if you see misuse of addons or macros send to support , they can fix their boggle .

the game is fulll of the very best botters on the planet .

grumpdaddy ... ainz ... dragon is here now too . the best . and they are fighting pretty fair . hi flip ... kill ya later .

of course i would never need a macros im human . and humans can think and fight for themselves , you can out think out perform and out wit any macros . kill them .

but do it right . send to support .

nice post , i like it but as you can see if you post you always get attacked by at least a group of three . close the thread . try to get along with whatever they are .

take heart you know sooner or later i will kill them all . have a nice day .

• What I understand out of this suggestion and the responses, behind the spoiler:

Of course it's possible to restrict macros. But as far as I'm aware: Not gonna happen.

So far there was not even a plausible reasoning behind all this. Sorry, we're sorry.

• Well Devrimist, I love macros... Some classes' combo are clicks' mill... So if a macro can make my life easier and my game experience softer I take it and I say thanks...

Speaking of unfairness of macros, well i am sure that without macros some classes' combos would take avantage for being easier to play with deadly skills and easy strike...

Finally the greatest issues on pvp are elsewhere :

- first, pay to win. At a point whatever your talent if your gear is a poor one, the rich enemy kills you with his weapon +30 tier 15, his armor tier 11 +24 and his ring and necklace +30... You don't need to argue on macro or gameplay, you're dead !

- second the number of pvp players is drowing down ! Most of pvp is AFK guild or players, stomping ground is AFK and no fighting... if you fight people tells you you're mad and ask for peace farming... It is no more a game for fun, it is chinafarmer GMBH...

- third, for good pvp you need two teams fighting each other... It is more and more difficult to gather and interest enough people to get a good war... There is so large gap between teams most of time the fight is unbalanced and people gives up before it begins !

(I play siege war at 20:00 for 5 years now for fun, whatever the chance of win or lose i fight by respect of the other players who are awaiting for some fun... if there's an enemy of course...)

A last thinking : if reward on stomping ground was based on the number of kills and that there was not reward at all with no kill being afk perhaps we could have some fights again... Same for sw... No reward for afk guild with no fights... No 50/50 scroundel agreement !

"En vérité la Présence était Rose et en forme de Licorne. Mais si puissante était-Elle, que je ne pus la contempler. Aussi, la nommons-nous la Licorne Invisible Rose ; sa présence est trop incommensurable pour que nos faibles yeux la voient et nos faibles esprits la conçoivent. C'est par notre foi que nous savons qu'Elle est Rose, et qu'Elle est une Licorne. Et vraiment ceux qui disent le contraire sont des hérétiques et des infidèles !"

Edited once, last by Renovatio ().

• I've struggled with if I even want to comment on this thread as macros/addons have been a key design by Runewaker since the beginning. For them to make any potential changes in this regard on a game that is essentially on life support (no real large changes in a long time) just won't happen. So, this is perhaps to inform those players against them that nothing in this regard will change.

I'm for macros (and addons) in this game as they are NEEDED from a quality of life perspective. Had Runewaker built these kinds of features into the game instead of requiring players to build it (like in some other games), then I might say otherwise. Some examples where it is currently possible to do without addons/macros, but it is TEDIOUS work:

1) Finding appropriate title, switching to it to use some skill, then going back to the title used previously (like Sarkas mentioned above).

2) Putting all loot from any mob kills into backpack.

3) Determining if already own a mob card.

4) ETC situations like can be found in this sample thread:

Give a Macro, Take a Macro!

• How are over half the replies here talking about TOTAL macro removal? That's not at all what was suggested what the heck lol

to reply to a post earlier about gear removal sounding extreme- not only do some games do that in pvp but this one does to! Ever done Arcanium Arena? That was legit one of my favorite things about it, it took the p2w out of the pvp here

• My suggestion to remove the PVP gear was meant to be sarcastic. The OP is upset because other people uses macros in PVP and he is too lazy to figure out macros for himself. Since he doesn't want to be bothered, no one else should be allowed. This thread should have died a long time ago.

• I've avoided posting in here due to the 'flammable' nature of the topic, but my own personal stance on macro's, which may not be liked...

For PvE - have at it!

For PvP - Nope, nada, diddly-squat.

"Player Vs Player" should obviously be me, a player against another player and not their macro.

Now, is my stance on it going to cause changes to be made? Highly unlikely, so I need to put some effort into learning my own macro's to make life easier for myself.

However, despite my efforts, I'm still utter sh1te at PvP and I don't see that changing any time soon! 8o

Now that I've poked this forum thread with a big sharp stick, I'm going to run the other way...

Inferiority Complex - Original wearer of the Snow Combat Drum!

W/R/K, S/M/R, M/P/W, P/W/S since 2008 on Siochain // M/P/S & W/R/P on Osha

Everyone's name is better than mine! :(

• Absurd. Macros and botting are not the same. Macros have to be activated and they are limited on how many commands they can execute in one macro. So each macro must be activated repeatedly by a human to work. Even if one macro activates another and another.. there is still a limit and it needs to be controlled by a human. Bots however, are jus turned on and left to do whatever they do without any need of monitoring and are controlled by a 3rd party program. As long as its logged in it can do what it was programmed. Macro will end, usually quite quickly, typically in moments.

Figure out what you're mad about first, then come into the forums and rage about it.

Don't come in here and complain that you chose to do it the hard way and smarter people are beating you.

• What I understand out of this suggestion and the responses, behind the spoiler:

Of course it's possible to restrict macros. But as far as I'm aware: Not gonna happen.

So far there was not even a plausible reasoning behind all this. Sorry, we're sorry.

There are even less reasons to get rid of macros as they have been in the game longer than you have been here to complain about it.

Again, don't choose the harder path then get mad at other people because they didn't.