Posts by Renovatio

Question : is there a particular reason for Lakishna schedule is on 21H on saturday and 18H on monday ? For it seems many people go for party in real life on saturday night (and no i am not John Travolta :)) and many are at work on monday at 18H... Of course it helps perhaps to have less people and less crash like this, but a schedule like Helveta's one 18H on WE and 21H on week would be more logical... :/

Some of us just strait grinded all those levels before orbs or those quests it's hilarious how easy it is now, players are just whiney and lazy these days.

Some players are above all workers who work every day to earn a living for their family and play barely an hour a day and a few hours on weekends. No need to be dismissive... When it's possible to check the quest ten times a week that's already a lot. Not everyone live his nose glued to the game screen... If you count, doing 5 hermit's quest a week you'll need years to full fill the peak.

I doubt most players will have patience... We already see several giving up in our guild...

Hey Patrick !

Thank you for the road map. It is a very nice and appreciated custom you set there !

I react to your post today regarding the 15th anniversary and upcoming events.

This seems great but a few comments nonetheless :

1. Those who are peak level 120 (some for years now) lose XP each time they play ! If one day you decide to unlock beyond level 120 we will be angry at all this lost XP ! Yes we will ! Couldn't you unlock the XP gain for 120 without opening the next summit level ? If you have an peak XP orb and be level 120 you can't even load it ! This should be fixed !

2. Okay, you rebalance the XP necessary for the first levels of the summit... But don't you think that those who struggled month after month to reach level 111 won't curse you ? (:cursing: ? ;( ?) You should recalculate the level reached for those who are already 111, right ?

3. I hope we have some peak orb events on the 15th anniversary... You know most of us work hard during the day to pay for the diamonds :D ! So the quest for the hermit in Logar is just a dream for most of us... except on the weekend !

4. Please say something about the shop's item warehouse (see post above) ! I rage every time I need something in with my crappy internet connection !

Thank you again for your post and this clear road map. :love:

Think about this, compare :

A - time needed to level up one hundred characters up to level 100 and do daylies day after day, month after month, for a year

B - or go to work one month (169 hours - french rules) for a job at 1200 € (french wages) ...

A. Once you have leveled up your 100 characters (which is not as simple it could seem and surely longer you may think)

mathematics are relentless :

- 100 characters doing daylies a day at Kashaylan bottles : 50k gold / quest -> 500k / character / day -> 50kk / 100 characters /day

- 18 250kk (50kk X 365) gold a year doing daylies with 100 characters each day for a year...

- That is to say 26 071 diamonds a year (paying the diamond 700k)...

B. Working one month (169 hours) cashier at the supermarket 1 200 € (in France at least) that is to say :

- 12 x 4 500 diamonds (not even with special offer)

- That is to say 54 000 diamonds...

So in one month (169 hours of work) you can have as much as at least two or three years of boring efforts in farming gold with daylies (surely more than a thousand hours of farming) !

:S ;)

Building alts is more of an addiction than a rational economic behavior !

By the way, i forgot this which would be a great improvement !

How it should be :

It is not a big change. Instead of listing every unit of every item in the personal item vault the idea is to list the kind of item and show the quantity available... Like this we will not have to scroll in hundreds of pages but in less than ten...

It is within the reach of any programmer and should have been done like this way from the very beginning !

:S

PS : an a garbage button could be a fine improvement too... It is a damn job to clean the vault taking and throwing one by one what is not needed and takes dozens of pages ! (Example growing potions for plantations in my case.)

Hey Patrick,

Road map : first, thanks for your long and detailed post as a road map. We have been asking for this for years and we must recognize the effort !

New instance : Well i don't play often instance but it seems that the NOM refurbished is not too bad. But the mecanism of reset to limit once a day is a problem for people playing short time each day. We used to take our time and play an instance on several days... That shows the difference between people concern with keeping instance relevant preventing huge farming and people playing for fun !

New world bosses : Well i shall say that it is a progress. For years we complain that WB were camped and farmed by few and a new mecanism should be found. You make the effort. It is nice. On the other hand, some improvement should be found in the distribution of rewards for people who crash. I try to participate as often as possible... And since the beginning I have only received one ring and most of the time I have not received any PoM. Crashing, once, twice during combat is painful and reconnecting is horrible... I've heard that some players with many alts doing nothing but being here can receive PoMs and rings, which probably explains the huge crowd. Rewards should be granted for those fighting/healing even if they crash and there should be none for alts pillars leeches.

Peak level : well despite the efforts made it is a way of the cross to go from 101 to 120. The hermit quest takes time, day after day, and often request a team... In a guild those who could help are in NOM to play... The little 101 one saying " hey could you help me with boss XXX in Eternal circle normal mode ? " has few chance ! Perhaps it should be each hour ? Perhaps for some instance it should be easy mode ? Don't know but the way of the cross prevents some new players to stay or old to come back...

PVP games : Well I was fond of arcanium arena and stomping ground... Arcanium arena NPC mechanism and rewards distribution mechanism incite to play AFK... On the other hand, without AFK players, game most of time doesn't start. It is the case for stomping ground. I try to enrole several time to stomping ground last week-ends and couldn't enter... The rewards mechanism on stomping ground was bad too. Players were incite not to fight but just run and gather to center. If you fight you get insulted by others players... A better way could have been a neverending party with map shrinking and growing back and a need to kill one every 5 minutes otherwise you're dead. Reward could then be calculated in proportion of time you stay alive... Of course the team mode should be another instance that the individual mode.

Siege war : well, teams still playing are fewer and fewer... There too AFK mode 50/50 is a pain ! Rewards mechanism should be rethink and reward value too... A guild of alts that doesn't play at all and pollutes the game for people who want to have fun will get the same reward as the good guys who courageously play for an hour and give the enemy a hard time even if they lose at the end...

Some small but easy and valuable improvement could be still done : merits and other stuff (scroll, etc) with a one hour timer... If you crash you don't lose all !

Reward value : The package is obviously obsolet. 20 000 EXP orbs ! Give at least 20 000 PEAK EXP orbs to 101 and more players !

Other games of battle : the other games could be refurbished easily just improving the rewards... Arena could be fun again... Just give something worthy and players will come... Some shells, some peak exp orbs, some mementos, some honor points... Something but something worthy... It is a shame that the bunker game in silver spring, that is the most silly, stupid, easy and boring one give so much compared to pvp games which keep rewards 10 years old ! Have you check the reward of an arena fight ?

;)

Hello,

each year, since the apparition of Snow Land, Black Peater bad guy dissapear after one or two days. On server overcrowed as Gaïa or Kadmos I bet he doesn't last one hour after maintenance reboot !

Please try to restart the NPC each day or each time the process is bugged... Three days i go to free the kids in memory of time i was discovering this game and three days kids are jailed and Blake Peater is drinking a fresh beer in hot tavern with his lasy pal Greedy Morlock ! You see who i mean :/ !

Thank you

8o

And Mister Product Manager... please make me lie, repair these buggy processes !

Because you are complaining about it and claiming you don't use it, i have to say i do not believe you.

This is a nice and friendly demonstration. I assume we all should deduce i am a liar. Well no i did not use it.

The bottom line is a lot of players are negatively impacted for they used to play in many different ways depending on their team size, their team strengh, day after day. The game is really impoverished. Plain and simple.

PS : nice to see that GMs' chief approve a post saying i am a liar.

then a rogue can still be full invis with Golden Cicada Skin.

PPS : i have checked in arena, golden cicada do not make you totaly invisible, it is the same effect than rogue stealth. So you can still target and purge.

PPPS : last contribution here. I will make kind of - long - pause in siege war for majority of my guild does not play anymore. And it was since long my last activity and fun on this game.

If the issue persists, please submit a ticket to support.

Dear Sarkas, the problem persisted on Sunday morning. However, I did not submit a ticket because my last two were closed without a response.

Promises bind only those who listen to them.

I was thinking of the invisibility potion, not the thief stealth skill. With stealth, you're still visible if you get close enough, so easy to purge. With the potion of invisibility, you disappear completely and cannot be the target of a purge.

Well the appreciation on " it's better or not " is an appreciation on the style of play you like. We now have mostly trench warfare around towers and most of the movement warfare is gone. Without loss is to ignore those who have stopped.

I also observe that many wars are over quickly and the opponent remains on the roof as soon as he lost his towers... And the war registration board is shorter and shorter... Perhaps the causes are crashes and summer...

Well have a good summer, not too hot if possible ! ;-p

I said And those that are complaining..... which, grammatically, means those others are additional to you, not you.

Don't be condescending, English is not my native language. And those others, additionnal to me spoke of playing not of winning.

because you don't agree with my statements doesn't make them incorrect

Same for my statements. But your demonstration is to say they are !

So your point about playing in 6 guilds isn't all that relevant

My point about the guilds I've played with was to illustrate that most of us and me in particular didn't use the fearless-invisible cap, which is the main argument to dispute that we're just looking for a fun and rich game and say on the contrary that we complain.

Other posters are clearly upset about losing that advantage against stronger guilds

No i don't think they are upset about losing. As Ainz, Torkskild, Bakken say it the change do not modify who is stronger and who is weaker and do not change the end of the war (except in case of fearless-invisible cap). The change renders any attempt futile if you haven't been able to develop the castle buffs unlike the enemy. It was already the case before. It is even more marked today.

Above in this post an agreement was found about a change that could prevent this issues. But i'm afraid the constant willing to prove that the change has not impoverish the game will prevent any evolution in favor of variety and rich fun play.

Welcome to roof party !

Je redonne la parole à Bossuet pour la conclusion : "Dieu se rit des hommes qui déplorent les effets dont ils chérissent les causes."

Post-Scriptum : I am thinking, simple suggestion, that if the fearless skill and invisible potion had been made incompatible (eg fearless skill preventing and/or removing the effect of the invisible potion), the problem would have been solved. Except for the moles but that's another story !

Dear Zenitsusan, i'm afraid, " those pesky technical issues preventing " us " from diving into the wonderful world of Taborea " are not fully solved ! Are they ?

:/

I've tried to dive in the wonderfull world between 19:30 and now and lost several times connexion with server.

Strings, at this day, i have played in 6 different guilds sw for many many years and it was never in a guild whom strategy was fear-invisible-caping at the end.

I have even build a gear of priest/rogue to purge (or try to purge) at the last minute if needed.

Once again you say you have read but you didn't. The purpose of those who have written is not against preventing the final fear-invisible-caping. The purpose is to keep variety, fun, and prevent boredom.

Some have very well understood what we say and have realized the difficulty coming with the change. I will not waste my time with you for you are distorting our point.

Perhaps the solution would be to unbalance the guards on each side. If a tower is taken next to your castle, it's not 2 small guards and the big one who pop but 4 small ones. The defensive team can kill the little ones easily, earn 200 merits and try to take back the tower. If the defensive team take it back, it's the big guard and the 2 little ones who repop... At the middle Knin and Hilot it stays neutral.

Not sure of this idea but the offensive team, which is dominating will have some harder work to fullfill, the defensive team can hope farm merits and upgrade...

Ainz, we have largely explained things in a cartesian way. Meisjustme far better that me.

What you call your logical demonstration is also an assertion i can resume : " Gear doesn't really matter. With good tactics you can win fights against stronger than you ". That is not false but until a certain point. It was already difficult to stand in front of your team before, it is more difficult than ever !

If the game is fun and interesting why not, but when you are dominated and all the game resume itself in a long fight to control a least a tower and succeed to upgrade it is more arena pvp 6/6 that siege war.

Torkilsd admit just above " its kinda hard to gain back a tower at your own side once its taken and your opponent starts to have upgrades ". That's what i say all along this post since the beginning... (And with my proposition of a kind of holy guard you could at least keep one tower and secure a minimum of merits for upgrade...)

Once again you speak of winning when we speak of playing with fun. We never contest the need to prevent that some (a few minority) unfairly win by caping coming from nowhere. We never contest this. We just say it was no need and a bad idea to impoverish the possibilities and variety of play and to grow imbalance in favor of the strongest...

It is lowering fun and can be source of boredom after a time. And this last sentence is just an opinion, that's true ! (But people who not express themselves here for they have quit confirm this feeling. I know four of them of my former guild.)

Finally to say that you represent the majority and we the minority is abusive. We are at least three to have expressed ourselves in a cartesian way on the same position and you are mainly three to contradict us regularly. This is neither a poll nor a vote. This last argument is not fair. You are certainly familiar with the concept of silent majority. I don't think people with end-end-end-game gear (weapon +30/T17 for example) are representative of this silent majority. On the other hand, they are undoubtedly GameForge's core marketing target, of its flash sales, etc.

PS : lol it was my very very last try to explain. ;-p

My very last try to explain what several of us tried to say :

This change favors the strong at the expense of the weak and grows the imbalance. It would have been better to find a way that do no grow the imbalance to keep the maximum of siege wars the more interesting possible the hour long. We don't care about winning or losing we care about playing and having fun.

Whenever you talk about who will win in the end, it's irrelevant to my point.

That's all folks !

(And i think you have perfectly understood what we say !)

yeah the change about the pairing was trash... oh wait there wasn't a change. idk what you wanna say with those pairings... it has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.

Your argument is that the score will evoluate with changes and the pairing will be better, low score will play with low score, high score with high score...

It can't as long as there is so few guilds to register... Between the first guild playing and the first not playing there is only two dozens of guild...

The gear doesn't count, only the gameplay and the tactics, that's what we all should understand. So why have you ranked and plussed your weapon so hight ? I wonder because listening you it is superfluous !

|| Bad faith is evident here.