Posts by Renovatio

I don't understand the link betwen my question and your response.

Are you sure you were responding to my question quoting 1.3 ?

Sarkas, I have a last question even if I am not concerned (I did not create a character on CU).

The annoucement seems to be clear, at least in your mind, that character should reach level 85 to be transferred and otherwise it would be lost... I read this annoucement on the forum and I had understood it in that way as well.

Yet I know we are quite few to read the forum.

So could you explain to me and my comrads how people who just have created a character on catch-up without reading the forum notice (and that is probably the most common player psychology) were informed in game of theses rules. And specialy how they were informed before buying diamonds and spending it at the shop ?

Thank you for your detailed answer.

The servers are sorely lacking of players, so Catch-Up was basically a good idea.

Unfortunately hell is paved with good intentions.

Why did you cancel PEX events on other servers. Don't those who created a character on the opening of the "steam" servers also have the right to progress ?

How can you imagine that, for new players, not knowing the subtleties of the game and the optimum trajectory to reach level 85 (character 20/20 go Coast of the oppurtunity, character 50 go get the set 50, go to Dalanis with Torrog's quest, then follow the Toni / Morrok quests lines) would not be disappointed. For a former player reaching level 85 is a story of a few days. For a newbie player the song is not the same...

Finally why exclude the characters who did not reach level 85 ? There is no point in excluding them. The real difficulty (1) of the game is in creating equipment worthy of the name. I have alts who are 100/100 by dint of daylies quest and because of lack of equipment are good for nothing.

In short, it was a golden idea and you turned it into lead ! It is a rare alchemical gift to transform gold into lead. The rich and powerful of this world must fear you !

(1) and one day we will have to debate this difficulty. You have made this game an eternal harvest torture that discourages and drips the most relentless among us !

Why not get good statistics in normal mode ?

Why so many inept hard mode statistics ?

Why only rotten mementos or energy of justice statistics ?

Why so few structured objects ? (Oh I remember now you sell hammer for structure !)

Why no more proof of myth events while world boss are the preserve of a minority ?

And I'm not even talking about the peak level which severely cuts in the number of players due to the near impossibility of reaching this level for a majority and the PEX harvest torture for those who reach it.

Yes the new players would have been more than welcome to strengthen the endangered specie of those who still play runes of magic...

Yes I understand your life is to play and watch day long if a world boss is here. What you call "work for it"...

My life is at the most, 2 hours playing a day the good days...

And with 30 alts you earn 15 millions PO a day at Kashaylan. How many days to buy a WB stat ?

Don't worry you will soon be alone playing with yourself and nobody will contradict you. If not already done...

Where is problem? Want proofs camp bosses all day get thier timing and kill before all can.

Are you serious saying this?

Are you aware that an important category of players was the category of players who work and have a family and who on the short leasure moments simply hope to play for fun.

This category is important because it were these players who bought diamonds, those for whom f2p end-game players cry on world channel, and incidentally provided income for the publisher and garantied the game is still avalaible.

Your reasoning deprive this category of whole sections of the game. I suggest that Game Forge thinks about all that he has lost letting players like you monopolize whole sections of game because of greed...

So, if world bosses are reserved for nolifes who camp throughout the day, it seems to me that Game Forge should find a solution so that players who have a life and pay with euros can also have access to proof of myth, world boss quests and world boss titles...

Rather than privilege players whom money is monkey's currency : tricks, abuses, morgue and misbehavior...

Concerning PoM, events was not so bad, at least the faithfull customers had also their chance.

You (Game Forge) should also have in mind that a lot of "middle" players who barely succeed or very hardly the last instances formerly relied on level progression to succeed...

Now it is impossible. You have to succed last instance to access level progression.

Dead end !

Post Scriptum : and the loot rate of the quest item is a deadly joke for those who barely or very hardly succeed.

Yes we are wondering too, guessing that we will stay level 100 and there will be a new system of skills with PEX matters... Who knows !

But we should also consider that PTA event is on his way and new zone and new PNJ are not here. So between now and the day of release of this new zone it would have been fair to give PEX event at least for Idun and Zikiel...

This is just my poor P2P opinion...

but this year we also plan to release some new feature in Chapter 7 which would directly be affected by EXP Boost

Hi Celes,

The 6 class of my main character are level 100 for years now and most of them are full pta. So I really don't care PEX. Billion of them go to Danaïdes' barel last years.

Your announce lets think that with this new chapter we can go higher than 100 cap level...

In this case OK, but you should think of our new ROM pals on Idun and Zikiel whom are far from being 100 level and whom deserve some PEX event...

Don't you think so ?

I am fed up with this message. I have to click on "cancel" or "retry" or "continue" buttons 7 times before the client launches...

I suppress and reinstall the client and it is the same mess...

At the beginning I haven't this message. It came with an update. First it asks for C; and now E; which is my CD drive...

Or the game company running rom could listen to the feedback of the players for once!

We do listen to your feedback, but at the moment we can't offer a better solution.

" but at the moment " !

Are you kidding ?

These bugs on the main quest line are known for years now ! We can soon say these bugs are known for a decade !

You might also correct these bugs. We don't ask for daily correction, year's correction would be a plus !

Or should I say you would have might...

Houston, we've got a problem...

I you were concerned with players' experience you would know that crash and reconnect is THE great deal with this game...

So could you explain why when we crash we need to kill the GF client process for the button stay at "In Game" and do not come back to "Play" for an never-ending-time ?

So with this new launcher we have to input a mail adress which is more longer than a account short name, to click on next, to input the first password, to launch the client, to input the second password, to select the server, to select the character...

Crash was a big problem... it is now just intolerable !

Coming late from hard real life day work...

Launch my game...

Hey what's happening my game install some new things...

Try to connect...

Hey it works... Go for dinner...

After dinner try to reconnect... Hey it doesn't work any more ! Say my password is wrong but I did not change it !

Click on forgotten password... Try to remember my email password... Don't remember... Proceed to forgotten email password... No mail with code from GF... Click another time on forgotten password... Got a mail... Damned says that it is a bad code... A long time after the second mail come... Give the code...

It says i should choose my new password... Write my password... Get an error... Go to previous step... Click, get a new error...

After two hours at least I am connected...

Want to talk to my pals on vocal. Push to talk doesn't work with GF launcher on... And another game I am playing with doesn't work any more...

You know what ? I will neither ever play to another GF game ! Runes of Magic will be the first and last one. You at least obtain this great result...

Good night folks

When Gameforge took over they did the only thing possible, they removed diamonds from the in-game market. This killed the gold sellers almost overnight and made the game viable again. People also forget that they halved the diamond price of most of the popular IS items at the time (EG: Puris dropped from 39 dias under Frogster to 19 under GF). They tried with Cedric to reintroduce a limited in-game market for dias with Cedric but he was soon exploited to death so had to be removed too. The price "!rises" that occurred at that time under GF at that time were the introduction of new items into the game, principally jewels and more drillers that immediately became must have's for players.

I don't understand the cause-to-consequence link of your reasoning.

- BOT farm gold.

- Gold sellers sell gold earned with BOT to dishonest players against euros acting like parasits.

- Dishonest players with their gold buy items at the auction house or diamonds from honest players.

- But the diamonds were bought to Frogster or Game Forge by honest players with euros so Frogster or GF earned their money regardless of the amont of gold the BOT farmers have created and money they earned in a parasit way.

So in my opinion there was no need to increase the price and quantity of diamonds needed for play. You have better business with 10 dishonest boting players, 10 000 honest players buying some dias for time to time than with 0 dishonest players and only 10 honest remaining players forced to buy very large quantity of far to expansive diamonds.

It is no more a Massive Multi Players Online Role Playing Game...

It is a Rare or Indeed Alone Player Online Role Playing Game... At least on Nuada server.

So the argument of boting players killing the economic model of F2P seems very weird and insufficient when greediness of GF is sufficient to explain all what happened !

Bonjour,

la récolte des graines est fastidieuse comme cela a déjà été dit... A mon niveau d'acceptation du temps de farming il me faudra environ 10 ans pour obtenir le titre.

Inutile de dire que je m'en réjouis car c'est la promesse que Runes of Magic sera là encore dix ans au moins ! De ce point de vue l'équipe est visionnaire !

Concernant l'assertion ci-dessus d'Heror il convient de souligner que le joueur qui a réussi l'exploit de réunir 35 coupons a (a priori) utilisé une méthode radicale qui force l'admiration : appel d'offre et achat systématique à 2 000 000 PO / U voire 2 500 000 à l'HV. Donc un bref calcul amène la quête à 1750 x 2 000 000 de PO ce qui fait la modique somme de 3 milliards 500 millions. Les farmers s'en félicitent, le joueur qui apparemment n'a pas eu son titre sans doute un peu moins... Il faut dire que l'audacieux a sans doute pris de court les développeurs qui tablaient vraisemblablement sur un délai de 10 ans pour implémenter le titre !

Concernant le labyrinthe, après plusieurs tentatives à 250 000 PO pour avoir quelques feux d'artifice et des potions type A j'ai abandonné. De surcroît j'ajoute que si l'idée d'un labyrinthe est séduisante c'est dans l'optique où il faut l'explorer et le cartographier. Or il semble que le labyrinthe se génère ou recalcule au fil de l'eau et la durée de présence est si courte qu'il n'y a aucune intelligence à développer. Courir, éviter les pièges, looter les coffres... Cela a le charme de la nouveauté mais le concept est dénaturé par la pauvreté de la stratégie à mettre en oeuvre...

Enfin je me permets un commentaire extrêmement négatif sur la vente simultanée à un tarif exorbitant de tickets d'entrée et de clefs. A 40 et 35 diamants la tentative et la clef la potion de phirius de type A est à au moins 1 euro. Les prix sont le reflet d'une avidité à dénoncer tant elle est toxique pour ce jeu. Heureusement que nous avons maintenant la certitude que le jeu durera 10 ans le temps que nous ayons le titre de la canicule...

En conclusion une extrême satisfaction sur la durée prévisible de 10 ans au moins du jeu pour achever la quête du titre...

PS : sur le chapitre de l'avidité nous sommes nombreux à avoir un terrible soupçon à l'encontre de notre éditeur chéri. Je la fais courte :

- un bonus quotidien est instauré...

- ô miracle il est possible au bout de 28 jours d'avoir un marteau de titan...

- tiens donc les marteaux de titan sont maintenant en vente à un prix modique pour le 10ème décile (supérieur) des contribuables....

- zut alors y'a plus moyen de looter une pièce structurée en instance. Et là on commence à avoir des statistiques qui respectent l'échantillon minimum nécessaire pour respecter les fréquences d'apparition et la loi normale...

- mais alors ils n'auraient pas diminué la probabilité d'apparition des items structurés pour nous inciter à acheter des marteaux ?

PPS : il me faut également révéler à Exodios que le joyau +20 de premier choix, s'il a le mérite immense de ne pas faire régresser l'item a le démérite d'avoir un taux de réussite extrêmement faible... A un tel point qu'après maints essais nous avions conclu au sein de notre guilde qu'il était plus économe de travailler avec les joyaux standards...

J'avais sauvegardé cette table issue de l'ancien forum. Je ne sais pas si elle est toujours d'actualité aujourd'hui. Elle venait du forum allemand à l'origine...

Comme tu le vois la probabilité de passer de 23 à 24 ne serait que de 20%, la probabilité de redescendre à 22 de 50% et la probabilité de stagner de 20%.

Évidemment ces probabilités sont intégrées quelque part dans la base du jeu et peuvent donc sans doute être manipulées à tout moment. D'ailleurs à une époque il y avait des évènements " taux de réussite " sur les joyaux...

Hi,

I agree with a lot of things said in this thread...

I will not repeat the well-argued demonstration but as community support is needed to convince whoever decide I will explicitly support these ideas :

1. diamonds' price and items'prices in diamonds are much too high. The game is far too expensive.

2. items intented for sell with random effects should be prohibited.

3. some main classes should be rebalanced to be worth to be played. No class should be nerfed risking loosing players.

4. some part of the game need to be fixed to be worth again (example : siege wars)

5. and definitively all players, beginners, mid-players, end-players need something to hope to keep motivation... Beginners should be able to hope they could rise their level and play with others. Mid-players should be able to hope they will find some pieces of stuff for a reasonnable price to improve their character. End-players should be able to keep motivation by developping new combinaisons of class for a raisonable price.

It is a long way. And much of that narrow path relies on point 1 and 2... This is said by players for years now and I play and read the forum since 2011...

Some little tricks...

We are aware this will not come tomorrow. But you could show some indices there is something going on...

Some little examples... I am an elf with the six class level 100 and I could play all the 30 combinaisons... I ask for some little things for years that never come :

- action bar set with class combinaison and not only the main class...

- more slots for equipment... Six is not sufficient... (Think : four kind of equipement, (leather, plates, etc.) three kind of role (heal, tank, dps), player versus player, player versus environnement... How many slots are needed ?

- fix number for each slot for you should not try all of them to find your equipment...

Some little tricks easy to implement for an old pretty game. Just examples :

- more page on teleportation book

- more page on compagnion book (and fixed place) so I can keep all my compagnions. By the way an event could be : Jack said "show your "name of compagnion" compagnion". You're in game as long as you are able to show the compagnion requested...

Some little tricks to keep motivation

- there is no title when you reach level 100 with a cenedril. And yet it's a feat !

- there is no wall of fame for cards' collector...

- etc. etc.

Shop policie :

- How can you play with only two page of backpacks ? (Nota bene : and a long time ago you got the third page in a quest for free !)

- For how long permanent page of backpacks have not been seen in the shop ?

- Should we mandatory buy package with 3, 4, 5, 6 permanent pages ?

Shop policie is not respectfull of the customer with these bound sells...

Some easy tricks

To keep motivation it should be worthwhile to farm mementos and energy of justice to get mana stones with interesting statistics. You don't want mini-games statistics or instance statistics could be obtained on those items ? Then at least put good blue statistics on it... People have not hundred of hours to farm bags... Should we arbitrate between farming machine bags and helping a new player in a old instance ?

Diamonds and gold : let them back in the auction house. Why not ? It was so easy to deal...

Some harder tricks

Siege wars is so often not interesting because in front of you you have no enemy but a reroll guild just here for reward. Rather than unnecessarily regulating siege war with additional rules, that only forum readers know, set a rule on rewards that excludes inactive characters and guilds. So that reroll guilds cease polluting siege wars.

Crash in siege war is a common thing. And crash can be a weapon in the hand of the enemy. When you crash you loose your merits and the items you buy with. All (merits and items) should have a duration of one hour for you don't loose it when you crash... It is ask for years know...

Some tricks that seems impossible to reach and yet easy ones

Quality is needed ! Just on example, I don't even speak of these days trouble :

- a long, very long time ago, I buy Boka pet in shop against diamonds. This pet do not work correctly. You can call it just one time a day. After that, you can't call it again. If you crash before buff is setted you can't get your buff. To recall this pet the only way is to call another. A ticket was made at support years ago and it is still not corrected...

Well siege war hour is coming and I spend to much time on forum... I stop here !

Sarkas I trust your diligence !

8o

PS : and the daily bonus items need to be collected with an simplier interface :

- list of all items with the number of each of them

- click on a check box in front of the item you want to pick up for your character

- input number you want to pick

- validate and get it in your bag...

An option to put to garbage all items we don't need will be appreciate...

Hello,

1. Merge

I play on Nuada. At least three guilds hardly survive being able to challenge hard mode. Two easely, one with help of two others needed. Two others guilds are still active trying to recruit people and that's all. Perhaps there's still betwen one hundred and two hundred players at the most... Yes we need merge. But merge will not be sufficiant.

2. Forum contribution

I am french speaker. French forum suffers the same difficulty than french server. So, if the ratio is one forum contributor for twenty players I think that, at the most, we could have five or ten contributors on french forum...

I was a talkative contributor, in french, on the former forum. And I find it very sad all community's contributions and history was erased and thrown to the barrel of Danaide without care or consideration for contributors' work...

Do you remember how long before erasure we were warned ?

Why did you not find a solution to keep all this work online in a read-only mode ? Yes it was kind of a mess ! But in this mess there were valuable propositions and solutions...

Do you thing throwing contributors' work at the garbage without consideration will be with no consequences ? We french have an adage : "Souviens-toi du vase de Soisson."

3. We need a miracle

Do you remember of the thread "Slap in the face" ?

You say you lower the diamonds' items price and in fact you upper it... And several months later you wonder why there no more nobody in here ? O my goodness are you kiding ?

Could you simulate the price of an end-game full stuff (1) in diamonds and then in euros just to realise that this game is out of price ? Do you believe we are all rich men ?

(1)

A weapon tiered 13 and plussed 23 with 4 holes and 3 runes rank nine.

Two rings plussed 23 with 3 holes.

Three others jewels plussed 16 with 3 holes.

Armor pieces with 3 holes tiered 8 plussed 16 and chess and trousers plussed 22 (for damage).

Runes 7 on all pieces (Judge, enemy, tyran, etc.).

Yes I agree with FarmerTom. Multiply at least by two the numbers of diamonds for a dollar or an euro. Divide at least by two the price of each item in diamonds. Divide at least by two the probably of fail for jewels. Multiply at least by two the probably of getting structured items.

And then be confident in the player community to announce the good news everywhere !

Let's quote a famous french author, Bossuet : "Dieu se rit des hommes qui déplorent les effets dont ils chérissent les causes."

A parabole for conclusion

The prophet was in desert with a very little bunch of fellows.

The prophet : my dear fellows, where are all our comrades ? It seems they disappear !

A fellow : O Prophet they left for they don't believe any more that a miracle will come !

The prophet : tell them that they should come in the desert and shout in hunger for the miracle and then the miracle will come !

An other fellow : I'm afraid O Prophet we already say this these last years and unfortunatly the miracle doesn't occured...

The prophet : We were not enough. We must shout in hunger in a large crowd for the miracle to come !

The first fellow : O Prophet perhaps you could tell God doing the miracle just now and we will go everywhere and testimony that the miracle has come...

The prophet : Why should they believe you the miracle has come yet they don't believe until now ?

A third fellow sceptical : O Prophet, do you mean the miracle we wait for so many years wont last and can't be seen by others who where not here ?

The prophet : Humm, it is a difficult point of the faith, I could make no promise of how long the miracle will last and how huge and incredible the miracle will be for only God knows what miracle he will do...

... to be continued in a RPG thread ^^

PS : I will contribute with game's improvement proposals on the thread open for this purpose...