Posts by Strings

Yup summer event is posted and as expected its absolute garbage since gameforge has given up on rom. These events definitely prove it. There is no way in hell that anyone could think these summer events are any good. Anniversary event was TRASH and now the summer events are trash. Peak event? Nope just 4% bunker bs. Peak is absolute crap if you aren't going to make it attainable without spending a bunch of money on this dead game.

I see Armorcrafting recipes, but no Cooking.

https://runesofmagic.fandom.co…Crafting_Festival#Recipes

InferiorityC just stated that the cooking event is part of another festival, but he hasn't responded yet as to which one.

I saw that. I looked through my notes but could not decide what he is talking about. There WAS some cooking in the Osttrich stuff (Thanksgiving?), so https://runesofmagic.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Autumn_Banquet ???

I didn't see much about cooking on that one either. Not the cooking craft anyway.

Hey everyone! Maybe I am just blind? You can level up all crafts but Cooking and Armorcrafting with these low cost recipes. I am curious as to why. Others I've asked just say its not there, but I'm hoping there is a mix up or they are somewhere else? I don't know but it seems crazy to leave out 2 of 6 crafts arbitrarily.

Anyone have any insight on this?

Yea Im just hearing the same thing. Also I wasn't condescending but if you have a language barrier, then you should use google translate to clarify rather than assume someone is belittling you. The bottom line is the only players this negatively impacts are those that were inviscapping. Plain and simple. Because you are complaining about it and claiming you don't use it, i have to say i do not believe you. It doesn't imbalance things, it rebalances them by making it impossible to exploit a bug that was likely never intended to begin with. What is the point of all the competition for an hour if its all decided in the last minute? That isn't balance,

Well that was nonsense. Guess what Reno, once again you're saying the same thing over and over. I mentioned you in that statement.. specifically that statement and then it was a new statement. Immediately following I said And those that are complaining..... which, grammatically, means those others are additional to you, not you. I have read it all. And just because you don't agree with my statements doesn't make them incorrect. And the points I made are absolutely valid which makes your refusal to address them all the more suspect in the confidence of your point. I have been playing since beta. So your point about playing in 6 guilds isn't all that relevant. The point I made, the extremely valid one, is that the only ones complaining about the changes are those that claim they need that advantage due to not being strong enough. If you are against those changes and not because you can't inviscap, after reading your posts, I gotta wonder why you think the changes affect you? Strong guilds SHOULD win. Did the world wars get won by the weaker TEAM of countries? No the stronger TEAM of countries overwhelmed the weaker.. dozens of other examples throughout history. So if you have an issue with it, then you are seeking some advantage you have now lost. You are the only one claiming its not about the invis cap. Other posters are clearly upset about losing that advantage against stronger guilds. Not sure what forum thread you were reading but most have made that abundantly clear. The changes only affect those using last minute cap tactics. The playing field is even. I came back after several years of not playing but I'm not crying about my butt gettin kicked by other players because I didn't put in the time, effort and or money that they did. Effort is rewarded and when a non endgame guild like most are, is content with not being an endgame guild that also means gettin beat in sw. Its a choice every guild makes. To grind hard or not to. Every guild has its goals and if you want SW victory to be your goal, gear up or shut up. It's really that simple. This debate is childish and moot. RW did the right thing. You not liking it doesn't make them wrong here. For once, in a long, long time, RW did the right thing here.

you have to kill the fungus king Hillarzu.

That's a different title but I have theorized that maybe killing him 10 times gives this.
    After all there is no fungi in NoM, I've read that rumor as well but it makes no sense. Also where it appears should be in Howling Mountains and looking up the ID it does say something about a killcount of 10

Well I know that certain titles can only be achieved at certain lvls... I remember back in the day there was a title like bear bully that could only be done if you were lvl 10 or below. Being that its so close to the beginning of the list, I am guessing it was one of those that had to do with fungus in pioneer and its likely you're too high lvl to get it anymore.

Ugh. So I sat here and read all of this. Reno keeps just saying the same thing and those complaining about the changes are those that were relying on the easy cap at the end to win. Literally the only people complaining are those that wanted the easy stolen win at the end.

You're wrong. This is better. It makes your skills, your gear, your strategies... actually matter. What is the point of a struggling sw for 59 mins if its all decided by some invisicap bs in the last minute?

Yea stronger guilds have the advantage... THAT THEY SHOULD HAVE BY HAVING PUT THE TIME/MONEY/EFFORT INTO BEING STRONGER!!

Find a sport or board game or card game ... in any country... ever... that has a rule that renders the first 99% of the match irrelevant because one move at the end can win it for all no matter what.

Doesn't exist. Why you think it should here, is beyond me. It was an exploit, and now its fixed. Get better or shut up.

Now, understand, I am one of the weaker players. I have like 70k hp and 150k pat buffed. I get my asshanded to me in sw everytime. As I should, because I don't have the gear to stand up against the stronger player. Why? Because i didn't put the time/money/effort into being as strong or stronger than they.

You don't blame Peyton Manning for being a good QB, Blame the linebackers that couldnt stop him, or the man to man coverage that failed to intercept or tackle.

The points will balance out better now and strong vs strong and weak vs weak will be the norm.

Guilds have been getting points they didn't earn by exploiting a bug that allows them to cap without being stopped. Obviously that wasn't supposed to be allowed to begin with. And to think it was supposed to be that way by design, is nothing but pure ignorance.

Bottom line, if you can't win without this fcap bs, you don't deserve the win.

Dude, rogue is not that hard to spell.

What I understand out of this suggestion and the responses, behind the spoiler:

Of course it's possible to restrict macros. But as far as I'm aware: Not gonna happen.

So far there was not even a plausible reasoning behind all this. Sorry, we're sorry.

There are even less reasons to get rid of macros as they have been in the game longer than you have been here to complain about it.

Again, don't choose the harder path then get mad at other people because they didn't.

Absurd. Macros and botting are not the same. Macros have to be activated and they are limited on how many commands they can execute in one macro. So each macro must be activated repeatedly by a human to work. Even if one macro activates another and another.. there is still a limit and it needs to be controlled by a human. Bots however, are jus turned on and left to do whatever they do without any need of monitoring and are controlled by a 3rd party program. As long as its logged in it can do what it was programmed. Macro will end, usually quite quickly, typically in moments.

Figure out what you're mad about first, then come into the forums and rage about it.

Don't come in here and complain that you chose to do it the hard way and smarter people are beating you.

Let's all make the game easier for the one percent of players that don't understand what macros are.

By forcing those who have taken the time to learn and build them to do without? Then let's ban PVP gear from siege to keep the game even for those players who haven't made the effort to build gear specifically for siege. NOT!!

But in both cases you have made the choice on how you want to play. Macros aren't new. The game was designed to use them from the gate. Made my first RoM macro in December 2008. Because you CHOSE not to learn how to make or how to use or you don't like to use macros, doesn't mean those of us who have learned how to use, spent time finding the best utilization, writing lines and re-writing to find the effect we are looking for based on the games allowed structuring should have to play it your way. Both sides chose to learn the game the way they learned it. You're just mad because you chose the worse of the two for siege. As far as pvp gear, I don't love it but it's a choice to use it or not just like the macros. Your choice not to use macros is on you and no one else. The macros that exist are there because players spent hundreds of hours in typing, researching, implementing and testing the macros. They didn't just make themselves. Furthermore, as players in this thread have pointed out, addons "like" kittycombo already do what the macros do. You want to ban addons in SW too? Honestly, if you don't like a core function of a game, rather than making others play the game the way you want it to be, go play a different game that doesn't have macros.

If you want to see the truth, hold no opinions. Look at it objectively, rather than "your way".

This is what you complain about?

That is a better trade than anything throughout the entire anniversary month. 100 petals... takes what? 4 minutes? and you're crying about it?

Dude how bout you make complaints about things that are actual problems with the game so they can stop focusing on idiotic minutia like you thinkin 100 petals is a lot.

No wonder nothing gets fixed in this game with ridiculous complaints like this.

Agreed this was by far the worst event ever. Not just worst anniversary event but, it really sucked for most people. Yea Jmonty. I'm pretty sure gameforge is trying to get fired so they don't have to run the game anymore. Probably trying to get out of their contract. They can't be earnestly trying to make this game fun for people. They just can't be. It's been so awful since they took over.

And instead of Peak events, Change peak to a reasonable percentage so people can actually level up without events. It is 100% impossible to level up peak without events and then you dont even give us the events. EVEN with 4% that means 25 runs per level so max that can be done is less than 2 levels during this 4% bs. Peak is an absolute mistake and needs to be repaired. Worst endgame idea ever executed in any rpg.