Posts by InferiorityC

Runes of Magic is designed for questing*.

You could get some power-levelling from a friend letting you tag along behind them in a higher-level dungeon but this will result in problems later.

• Some dungeons will remain locked to you (these are just the ones on the first continent of Candara):
      • Arcane Chamber of Sathkur
      • Ruins of the Ice Dwarf Kingdom (Both level 35 & level 50 versions)
      • Treasure Trove
      • Pasper's Shrine
      • Mystic Altar
      • Cyclops Lair
      • Heart of the Ocean
      • Zurhidon Stronghold
      • Lair of the Demon Dragon
      • Cave of the Water Dragon
      • Hall of the Demon Lord
    • Access to further continents and the various Islands will remain inaccessible.
    • Ingame resources will not be so easily obtained - questing gives gold and useful gear, especially at later levels.

After level 25(ish), and especially beyond level 50, the amount of XP required to level increases massively.

This means you'll be left killing mobs for so much more time than at the very low levels. Even using XP boosts from furniture and pet eggs, this will be a painfully slow and laborious process.

So, I write this cautionary post, ending with what I said at first:

Runes of Magic is designed for questing*.

*But don't let others dictate how you want to play - we're just offering you our observations...

During the Snowflake Festival, there will be a mini-event of a robbery in the Varanas Bank and the NPC's there will flee until the mini-event is over.

Unfortunately, it bugs very quickly and doesn't 'end' properly, thus the NPC's won't come back.

It's worth mentioning here that if you're looking to complete all quests not yet completed, it isn't possible to complete every single quest in the game.

A small number of quests are class or race specific.

There's also a couple of times that a questline will split into two paths - the main and biggest example of this happens in Weeping Coast.

A fight happens outside Boulderwind Village and whichever NPC survives the fight will determine which questline you receive.

Each questline is around 12 quests long and they merge eventually, but whichever path you complete, you are locked out of the other one.

I know it's tying in with Peak Experience, but surely a better place for the Daily Quest NPC would be outside the Necropolis of Mirrors, or over at The Distillery?

Currently...

• a trip to Logar to pick up the daily quest;
    • transport from Logar to Varanas;
    • transport from Varanas to Silverfall;
    • travel to the instance;
    • actually playing the Instance;
    • travel from Instance Exit (Resurrection Stone) to Silverfall (thankfully, not far);
    • transport from Silverfall to Varanas;
    • transport from Varanas to Logar;
    • Finally, hand in the quest!

This could be so much shorter:

• travel to the instance and pick up the daily quest;
    • play the Instance;
    • hand in the quest.

Shore of Tears is probably Weeping Coast. Wildlands I would guess to be Savage Lands. I am not aware of any hidden quests in those locations. Anyone else?

Oh, boy - there's loads of them. There's two of the Epic quest lines hidden in these lands too!

50-52: Weeping Coast

• Whilst collecting "Pirate Goods Samples" for the quest "Pirate Work", you will also obtain a "Suspicious Looking Sample" which starts a quest line when right-clicked.
      (There is some debate as to whether this opens up the quest line for the Heart of the Ocean instance.)
    • As you collect "Stone Carvings" during the quest "Applause for Them", you will also pick up a "Beautiful Stone Carving" as well. Maybeli Mamila will be quite interested in this item after you right-click it.
    • At Naga Outpost, there is an in-game event running every few hours that spawns a boss, Moriargy, at the end. If you can make a suitable party & kill Moriargy, he drops his "Naga Commander Emblem" which gives a once-per-day daily quest.
    • Instance: Heart of the Ocean (53+)
      • Teeth of the Reef will drop a "Broken Harpoon". Only 1 member of the party can loot it but it gives a quest when rightclicked.
    • Epic: 10,000 Years of Slavery
      • You can find 2 Tiktaalik Reavers that appear to be menacing a 'goblin'? Kill the 2 Tiktaalik Reaver's and Gubuth the Woodspirit will offer you a quest.
        (This quest is the start of the 3rd epic quest line, 1000 Years of Slavery.)

52-54: Savage Lands

• Big Kuman has eaten a "Crystal Necklace" that you can retrieve by killing him. Right-click the necklace to accept the quest.
    • Whilst you are Confronting the Giant Ape King, you will obtain a "Special Jewel" from the pillar behind him. Right-click it to obtain a quest.
    • In Demon's Scar, there are three 'phantoms' that are slightly different from the rest. Furious Kyle, Furious Rudd and Furious Hanz all drop a part of a Stone Tablet.
      When you have all 3 pieces, right-click one of them to combine them and the resulting Stone Tablet will give a quest when you right-click it.
    • In the Kilanche Fungus Forest, one of the Fungus Guards will drop a "Secret Note" that has a quest attached to it. Right-click it!
    • As you find the source of the pollution in the Kilanche Fungus Forest, a Zurhidon will attack you.
      Upon killing him, you will gain a "Communication Note". It will offer a quest if you right-click it.
    • After you help Shabasitin defeat Wokis, there will be a "Dirty Bag" lying on the ground where you first encountered her. Inside the dirty bag are 3 items but the "Key" will give a quest on right-click.
    • The Naga Priestess in the cave at Lake Heron will drop a "Suspicious-looking Letter" that will qive a quest when right-clicked.
    • Epic: The Great Barrier
      • When Yell Fendt asks you to collect an "Ancient Book" from the Green Tower, you need to collect "Cloudbell Rose Petals" and "Wild Bittersweet Taro" from the Kilanche Fungus Forest.
        As you enter the Fungus Forest, you will see Kalen being attacked. If you can successfully fight off her two attackers, she will give you two quests. The first of these will reward the 12x "Wild Bittersweet Taro" which are quite awkward to gather normally.
    • Instance: Hall of Survivors (53+)
      • Just behind the first boss, there is a scroll lying on the floor. Clicking it will give you an "Old Work Log" that gives a quest.

...im talking about magic purple cloaks and pants and stuff .

So, if they're purple, they're actually useful items that could be used by folks levelling up and trying to get started in running instances?

They may be 'trash' to you, but not necessarily to everyone else.

I'd guess the "cloth trash" to which he refers, is stuff that makes a T5 mana stone - quite a useful thing, really.

I always go to where I can buy from the NPC, just to get it cheaper than the convenience of the Auction House.

I have heard Linux users say that they run the game without ever crashing.

I used to run RoM on a Linux machine a good while back. Performance was surprisingly good, but I definitely still crashed, though perhaps not as frequently.

Addons can make a world of difference to reduce crashing. I used to have quite a few installed, but nowadays I only use about 5 or 6.

As per the info at Patch 7.4.0.2987 - Colorweave Festival - New Worldboss

I'd like to point out that this location is used during the main zone questline, and the location for this new boss could impede progress.

Most world bosses are in 'out of the way' locations, so questing players can proceed without being needlessly attacked.

Now, I'll admit to having not yet encountered the boss, so don't know if yellow or red...

• If yellow, this wouldn't be a problem as the questline can continue around her.
    • If red, she'll attack anyone coming near - even those who are just following the questline to get to the next zone.

Now, as I've said, I've not seen her yet, so I may be bleating on about nothing...

I seem to recall reading somewhere that this title required multiple kills of a massively rare spawning Fungus in Howling Mountains.

Having read through the posts above, it could very well be the Fungus Captains that are the required target.

Alas, I gave up on this title eleventeen years ago and don't know with any certainty if the information was correct.

I've avoided posting in here due to the 'flammable' nature of the topic, but my own personal stance on macro's, which may not be liked...

For PvE - have at it!

For PvP - Nope, nada, diddly-squat.

"Player Vs Player" should obviously be me, a player against another player and not their macro.

Now, is my stance on it going to cause changes to be made? Highly unlikely, so I need to put some effort into learning my own macro's to make life easier for myself.

However, despite my efforts, I'm still utter sh1te at PvP and I don't see that changing any time soon! 8o

Now that I've poked this forum thread with a big sharp stick, I'm going to run the other way...

Hi Everyone ! I started to play ROM in 2013 , then stopped , returned in 2017...

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back, when we had the first round of server merges, around 2015, accounts that had been inactive for over a year (?) were not merged into the new servers.

There were emails sent out about this happening but if you didn't have the box ticked in your account to say that Gameforge could send you emails, then you likely wouldn't have received them.

I lost every other player in the Guild I am still a member of, except one.

why is there no mobile version of this game yet most MMORGP style games have mobile versions

No, they don't.

They're separate games entirely as mobiles still do not have the capability to deliver the same kind of gameplay as a full-on MMO.

Most MMO's will make full use of most of the 102 keys on your keyboard. Try shrinking that down so that it can be done on a touch screen...

Since I first set eyes on them in late 2008, I've wanted playable Capra...

Sascilia Steppes is the starter zone and at level 10, we get the same Transport skills as Humans.

However, the major drawback to playing this race would the quite limited class availability - physical DPS only - Scout, Rogue and Warrior.

I may have given this too much thought...

How do new players know what Suspicious-looking Powder is for?

Sorry new players don't use wikis apparently lol

It's worth mentioning here that there's sufficient information in the tooltip for most Event items as to what it's for, and how to use it.

Question: Where is it from?

Tooltip: Monsters drop it

Question: What's it for?

Tooltip: Getting a Transformation Potion

Question: Where do I get this Transformation Potion?

Tooltip: Varanas City, Central Plaza

Question: How many do I need before I can turn it in?

Tooltip: Ten