Feedeback Join the catch-up server!

• Anyone else who does feel mistreated is also welcome to submit a ticket so we can clear up the one or other thing. Tickets are very important for this kind of topic because only that way we can find out if and how to help.

Its great and all that you say those of us who feel mislead by the wording on the Catch Up Server post. If many people have came here saying the same thing, does it really mean that you guys are right in that it was clearly stated that the only way to transfer off the Catch Up Server is to reach level 85? You can guys can try to shift the blame of misunderstanding onto us players but is that really good business to shame & blame your own players? Do you think that is going to make them want to continue to pay money to a company that has shown they don't care about their players? I have spent quite a bit of money since the Catch Up Server was put into place. In fact, I got my boyfriend to start playing the game and he too spent money (real money from our bank account) on the game. At this point I don't know if I'm going to continue to play this game ever again. That is sad to me because I honestly enjoyed playing this game because of the unique nature of the class system. So I guess my real question is, is screwing over your paying customers worth the bad reputation you're going to get from screwing over your players?

• I don't understand the link betwen my question and your response.

Are you sure you were responding to my question quoting 1.3 ?

"En vérité la Présence était Rose et en forme de Licorne. Mais si puissante était-Elle, que je ne pus la contempler. Aussi, la nommons-nous la Licorne Invisible Rose ; sa présence est trop incommensurable pour que nos faibles yeux la voient et nos faibles esprits la conçoivent. C'est par notre foi que nous savons qu'Elle est Rose, et qu'Elle est une Licorne. Et vraiment ceux qui disent le contraire sont des hérétiques et des infidèles !"

• We will gather your feedback and forward it to the respective department.

I haven't played on the catch-up server, so I don't know how much my suggestion will be liked by those who did. I was once told that in WoW you can be transferred to another server after paying a fee. Maybe have a fee of certain amount of diamonds for those who weren't able to get to level 85?

That would surely be better marketing from Runes of Magic than just delete the characters.

• Anyone else who does feel mistreated is also welcome to submit a ticket so we can clear up the one or other thing. Tickets are very important for this kind of topic because only that way we can find out if and how to help.

Its great and all that you say those of us who feel mislead by the wording on the Catch Up Server post. If many people have came here saying the same thing, does it really mean that you guys are right in that it was clearly stated that the only way to transfer off the Catch Up Server is to reach level 85? You can guys can try to shift the blame of misunderstanding onto us players but is that really good business to shame & blame your own players? Do you think that is going to make them want to continue to pay money to a company that has shown they don't care about their players? I have spent quite a bit of money since the Catch Up Server was put into place. In fact, I got my boyfriend to start playing the game and he too spent money (real money from our bank account) on the game. At this point I don't know if I'm going to continue to play this game ever again. That is sad to me because I honestly enjoyed playing this game because of the unique nature of the class system. So I guess my real question is, is screwing over your paying customers worth the bad reputation you're going to get from screwing over your players?

Anyone else who does feel mistreated is also welcome to submit a ticket so we can clear up the one or other thing. Tickets are very important for this kind of topic because only that way we can find out if and how to help.

Noone does "blame and shame" players here. Your whole point though is 'I see the information, I don't like it and I demand a change'.

As said, we will forward your concerns and wishes.

You say people don't read the forum. Gameforge states in their ToS that you don't have to keep an eye on information, but you're encouraged to do so. If you want to run into it uninformed, it is a personal choice. As well to recieve this kind of information a user account is not required, merely optional.

--

There were also concerns raised that the catch up servers should have been up until midnight of the actual day (again information was given in the forum way ahead of time). Whose midnight should that have been?

"The United States is spread across six time zones"

"Europe is divided into 4 time zones"

"Currently, there are four different time zones used by ASEAN countries" (Australia, 3 main time zones)

• Sarkas you say that GF isn't trying to blame & shame players but that's literally what you guys are doing. The whole notion of submitting tickets for "anyone else who does feel mistreated" is just like putting a bandaid over an open chest wound. It serves no purpose other than making it appear like you are doing something helpful. If it was so clearly outlined by GF and the staff responsible for posting information to us players, why was there so much confusion both while the Catch Up Servers were online still and now that the servers went offline? Was EVERYTHING clearly communicated to players as you claim it was? You bring up "Whose midnight should that have been?" so where was it clearly stated on this site which time zone the midnight was calculated to be for since the post talking about the Catch Up Server (dated December 18th) which has not been edited still only reads "The new time-limited catch-up servers will open their doors from 18th December 2019 to 30th January 2020." with no time zone listed as to when "midnight" was. Or do I need to submit a ticket in order to have these questions answered?

• You could try submitting a ticket to maybe maybe maybe save your account if you were close to 85, or perhaps try to get some dias refunded if you have bought any, but i wouldnt have high hopes for either of those.

You could try submitting tickets for all these other questions you have too, but that way you would only shoot yourself in the foot i feel like.

For new players this way of communicating might seem strange indeed, and it is for sure less player-friendly than many many other (bigger) games. On the other hand i must admit that this is probably the clearest communication from the team we have had in a long while.

Like someone has already mentioned (can't find his message right now), it's a bit of common sense that if there is a maintenance on the date the server closes, it will likely be closed with this maintenance. Pretty much all maintenances take place at the exact same time, so wasn't really a shocker that this one started at the same time too. Again, this might be very confusing for new players, as they don't know the normal flow of the game, but i dont feel like this is the teams fault for the majority. There is a certain obligation for the player to look up what they are getting themselves into as well.

Next time i would advise GF to have an ingame message on logging in to when the server closes (i think they already mentioned on the forums on catch-up server release but would be more new-player-friendly if this was displayed on log-in). Ofcourse its entirely fair if they only keep the information on the forums, that is where you have to go when you want to find out more about a certain update etc. On the other hand though; the catch-up server was (in my opinion atleast) mainly aimed at new(er) players, since existing players can probably boost accounts faster just plvling inis than leveling on this catch-up server. Keeping this in mind it would perhaps have been a little more friendly to make a connection to the patch notes on log-in if possible. -- we still get a message every time the bats in the bloody gallery have become restless, could maybe change this message into something more useful =P --

I dont know if this happened or not (didnt play catch-up server after reaching like 17/15, was too slow for me), but as far as i know the catch-up server said --temporary-- or something along those lines, perhaps next time instead of temporary they could put a clearer text like --closes date x--. If i read temporary my alarm bells already start ringing, and i go look up additional information, but apparently not everyone is like that.

Perhaps next time GF could make the transfer possible at say lv 50, with the cap being 85. I dont really understand why it is not possible to transfer lower chars to be entirely fair, but it was pretty clear when the server opened that this was only possible at lv 85.

Really sucks for players that just got short of lv 85, but thats the downside of updates like these. The burden of reaching set requirements is on the player, not on the team. Overall i think the majority of players thought this catch-up server was a good addition as temporary event, and hopefully might have gotten some new(er) player to give rom a chance.

• Sarkas you say that GF isn't trying to blame & shame players but that's literally what you guys are doing. The whole notion of submitting tickets for "anyone else who does feel mistreated" is just like putting a bandaid over an open chest wound. It serves no purpose other than making it appear like you are doing something helpful. If it was so clearly outlined by GF and the staff responsible for posting information to us players, why was there so much confusion both while the Catch Up Servers were online still and now that the servers went offline? Was EVERYTHING clearly communicated to players as you claim it was? You bring up "Whose midnight should that have been?" so where was it clearly stated on this site which time zone the midnight was calculated to be for since the post talking about the Catch Up Server (dated December 18th) which has not been edited still only reads "The new time-limited catch-up servers will open their doors from 18th December 2019 to 30th January 2020." with no time zone listed as to when "midnight" was. Or do I need to submit a ticket in order to have these questions answered?

There was no midnight mentioned anywhere to begin with. Someone assumed something and assumes that assumptions are facts to live by.

Thank you OrdinaryRomplayer9
    We couldn't have said it better. There are some obvious things that could have been done/handled better and as said before we keep forwarding these kinds of issues.

We cannot really say if there will be anything done that will make the situation better, because that's an information we simply in the current state don't have.

• Hello all!

We are aware that many of you missed the chance to transfer your characters with loging out with secondary classes. Thank you for reports and feedback!

There is no need to discuss why and how, we are now only focusing on possible solutions.

Our team is currently working on a fix to make your characters safely transferable. We will share the info very soon.

Until then, please sure that those characters are protected and wont be deleted until they are transferred to your regular server.

Thank you for your patience.

• I dont have any characters on the ketchup server, but i think this is really great that you're doing this and that the community was heared.

Good Job Gameforge :thumbup:8)

• Hi Aramis, yes we are still working on it (wardrobe and rubies issues; issue with being logged out with other class than 85 lvl was already fixed) and we hope to make some changes during upcoming maintenance, but please stay tuned.

tumblr_p2yqqdl1UT1r6d0kro2_r1_500.jpg

• Sadly no, it's not fixed. I only got one piece back and still missing a whole set I bought :(

• Could you please create a support ticket for us to investigate your issue and guide you quickly?

• Polog, since the ticket is locked and I can't reply on it, wanna let you know that this morning I saw that the items are back. Thanks for everything :)