Posts by gaymer77

Well, you asked us for tests, so please tell us the item you pulled and which stats you consider good stats.

Does it honestly matter what Utu considers a good stat and what's not a good stat? I'm sure that if you guys who are able to have unlimited currencies because you are with the company running a game would be able to pull 100-10000 of one item and see the odds of one stat combo being made is far easier (and quicker) than us players attempting to do that same thing with our LIMITED currencies we have available. That was the whole reason for his post in the first place. He's not asking for theoretical assumptions or calculations. He's asking those with GF to do real testing to see if certain stat combos are more prone to being pulled over other ones. If mattk/int comes up 5 out of 1000 times while int/dex comes up 95 out of 1000 times it could be assumed that mattk/int has a lower REAL LIFE chance than int/dex combos do. Now do you see the problem here and why you're not offering a solution or help in the matter?

So I was thinking about something last night. I know how this game has certain classes locked behind certain races (warden and druid for elf, knight for human, champion & warlock for dwarf). What really got me to wondering is if they allowed any race to be any class, how would they stack up to the meta class combos of the current state of the game? Meaning Druid/Warden is the go-to healer for the game but what if you could be Priest/Druid? Would that be a better combo? When making your decision you need to base your decision off of the current elite skills of the class vs no elite skills for the non-standard class combos since we don't know what the new elite skills would be. So that would mean does the elite skills of Druid/Warden beat out the versatility & extra healing spells that a Priest/Druid would provide?

Curious about your thoughts on this issue....

Sarkas you say that GF isn't trying to blame & shame players but that's literally what you guys are doing. The whole notion of submitting tickets for "anyone else who does feel mistreated" is just like putting a bandaid over an open chest wound. It serves no purpose other than making it appear like you are doing something helpful. If it was so clearly outlined by GF and the staff responsible for posting information to us players, why was there so much confusion both while the Catch Up Servers were online still and now that the servers went offline? Was EVERYTHING clearly communicated to players as you claim it was? You bring up "Whose midnight should that have been?" so where was it clearly stated on this site which time zone the midnight was calculated to be for since the post talking about the Catch Up Server (dated December 18th) which has not been edited still only reads "The new time-limited catch-up servers will open their doors from 18th December 2019 to 30th January 2020." with no time zone listed as to when "midnight" was. Or do I need to submit a ticket in order to have these questions answered?

Anyone else who does feel mistreated is also welcome to submit a ticket so we can clear up the one or other thing. Tickets are very important for this kind of topic because only that way we can find out if and how to help.

Its great and all that you say those of us who feel mislead by the wording on the Catch Up Server post. If many people have came here saying the same thing, does it really mean that you guys are right in that it was clearly stated that the only way to transfer off the Catch Up Server is to reach level 85? You can guys can try to shift the blame of misunderstanding onto us players but is that really good business to shame & blame your own players? Do you think that is going to make them want to continue to pay money to a company that has shown they don't care about their players? I have spent quite a bit of money since the Catch Up Server was put into place. In fact, I got my boyfriend to start playing the game and he too spent money (real money from our bank account) on the game. At this point I don't know if I'm going to continue to play this game ever again. That is sad to me because I honestly enjoyed playing this game because of the unique nature of the class system. So I guess my real question is, is screwing over your paying customers worth the bad reputation you're going to get from screwing over your players?

Believe me I've read the darn thing over & over & over again to see where it said you can ONLY transfer characters that are 85. Nowhere in the post FAQ/Guide does it say that ONLY will characters who are 85 will transfer over to the normal servers once Jan 30th hits. The post just says "as soon as your character has reached level 85, you can transfer it to a regular server of your choice within your region by the specified date" Take note on the part I bolded as it chose the word CAN and omitted the wording CAN ONLY. Simply stating the word CAN implies that since the level cap is 85 on the server there is no reason to stay no the server so you SHOULD transfer off to a normal server to continue to gain experience.

As I said in my reply to Guffzilla, had I known that you could ONLY transfer off once reaching 85 I wouldn't have bothered leveling my gathering skills while I was leveling my character level. I not only had a death in the family but I have to catch a flight to Los Angeles to testify in court on Tuesday and won't be returning until the day the servers go offline. There is absolutely no way for me to reach 85 in time. I spent diamonds on a mount and various other items. If I would have known I was going to get screwed over, I wouldn't have spent this money on that character and would have just leveled stuff up on the normal servers.

Imagine getting to level 80, then something came up in your life and you lost all of that progress... Not a great way to introduce new players to the game.

This is exactly what has happened to me. Because of the wording on the post (not saying you can ONLY transfer if/when you hit 85) I was taking time and leveling my gathering skills as I was leveling my character levels. Then school started which wasn't so bad but then my grandpa passed away and for obvious reasons I was not able to play the game. Then this Tuesday morning I'll be flying out of town and won't return until Thursday Jan 30th (the cut off day). Because of this, I will NOT reach 85 by the time the servers go down. Had I known you can ONLY transfer off if/when you hit 85 I wouldn't have been leveling my gathering skills while I leveled. Its utter bull that they didn't clearly stated you can ONLY transfer if/when you hit 85.

None of the postings by GF stated that any character who hasn't reached 85 by the time the servers go offline/unavailable that they will not be able to be transferred off as well. The postings by GF has not clearly stated that ONLY a lvl 85 can transfer off. The postings by GF has only said that once you reach 85 you CAN transfer off. Nothing about anything prior to reaching 85. This is bad business practice to not clearly say "oh hey we're going to screw you over if you don't reach 85 in time so any diamonds you spent on runes/mounts/whatever will have been completely wasted and your time is not valuable enough for us to allow you to transfer off after the servers go down".

Would anyone be willing to help me out with some fast leveling on the catch up server? School started for me last week then my grandma's companion of 25 years passed away on Monday so I haven't had much time to play. I'm scared that I won't be able to reach the 85 cap by the 30th because I have had limited time to do it. I honestly thought when reading the information posted by the developers that in order to transfer off BEFORE the servers went offline you had to be 85 but that after the servers went offline you could transfer ANYTHING off the server. Boy was I wrong. I'm just scared the diamonds I spend on my druid and all the time I've put in will be wasted. If I can't reach 85 by that date I'm likely not even going to bother playing the game in the future because I feel I've not only wasted money on diamonds to get stuff on my druid but wasted my time on the server thinking anything could transfer off at the end because GF wasn't clear about that aspect of the server.

I came late to the realization that following the Quest Series was the only serious way to gain significant XP. As a result, I'm 10 levels ahead of the quests, and stuck in the very beginning of Clash of Good and Evil in Chrystalia. I'm about to turn 85 and will be working on my elite skills, and probably leveling my 2nd and 3rd classes. When I've tried to leapfrog zones, I've found that higher level zone quests are only unlocked during and after completing the multi-zone Quest Series before them. Can I start a new Quest Series closer to my level? I guess I should stay on the Catch-Up server as long as I can for my soon-to-be lvl80s? BTW: I seem to be monopolizing this forum. Sorry for that ... I don't have a guild and world chat is only helpful to a point.

Honestly get to 85, use your vial or whatever the item is to get your secondary (and third and 4th and 5th if so choosing) to 80 and then transfer OFF of the catch-up server. There is level caps on the catch up server and it makes no sense to reach cap and still quest. Plus the servers can't be accessed starting Jan 30th and you only have until mid Feb to transfer off before everything gets deleted.

afaik there is nothing. You can increase the chance that a mob will have ANY drops, but you cannot increase the chance that it ill have a specific drop, nor that a package will have the rarer content when opened.

I literally had used a potion to increase the party drop rate 100% for an hour and I literally would go 3-4 mobs with no loot at all other than the specific quest item (not daily quest item but specific quest items) and they were mobs my level so they should have dropped SOMETHING.

Potent Potion of Luck

+ 100% more loot
    + Collect more items
    + Lasts 60 minutes
    The item drop rate is increased by 100% for 1 hour. The affect applies to all party members.

So I've been told that once you hit 55+ you should be doing the two main story quests Envoy of the Dragons and Return the Glory for your questing. I thought it was just the Envoy quest you should be doing until someone mentioned to do Glory too. Problem is the two questlines are in totally different areas of that continent. My problem is I'm on the catch-up server and I'm only level 58 right now. I'm currently on the part of Envoy titled Strange Noises at the Abandoned Camp (by the time someone reads & responds to this I should be further down but that's where I'm at now) and in terms of the Glory quest, I believe I'm on the Meet the Lady of Shador part in Southern Janost Forest.

I am praying to the almighty that I can make it to 85 in the next 15 days so I can transfer off the catch-up server and onto my normal server (I'll be out of town on the 28th through the 31st which is why I have to do it before the 28th). So there's the problem.

Should I go back to the Glory chain and progress further or should I continue with Envoy?

How do I level the fastest possible?

Honesty is it possible at this point to go from 58 to 85 in the next 15 days without spending 20 hours a day playing?

All advice & tips is much appreciated!!!

Are there paid character transfers in ROM? I'm afraid that I'm not going to hit 85 before the Jan 30th deadline and will lose everything I've been working on for that new character. If I could PAY to transfer off I'd honestly do it on Jan 29th if I'm not already 85.

I've been having fun with my other characters I have and got to be curious about this whole warlock class. I was reading in THIS PARTICULAR THREAD about how the WM & MW are buffer (or possibly debuffer) classes. It doesn't list them under dps classes. That got me to wondering, are they any good at dps and are they honestly any fun to play? I'm hoping they're not a class combo that requires a tremendous amount of ramp-up time to kill things on their own. They already have one thing going against them in the fact that I typically don't enjoy shorter races and dwarves in general when it comes to games.

Thought, opinions, and advice is very welcome here!

To clarify, the exp boost only applies to non gathering and non crafting. I think it applies to quests/dailies but I'm not entirely sure. It may just be combat exp. Maybe someone else could clarify on that part.

Unfortunately no. Also would like to note in case you weren't aware, any character not 85 by the close of the servers on Jan 30th will not be eligible to transfer to a normal server. If you aren't already in the 55+ range and able to play at least a few hours each day, you may not make it in time and I might suggest just rerolling on a normal server.

Sorry to say that is call spam if wana put time use and repeat, in guild chanel use mesage board,

but in zone or world chat is SPAM read more details rules

I'm going to guess you were the one that told me I was spamming when I asked in chat if someone was willing to port me to a specific spot in Moorlands if I provided the portal rune and paying 1.5M when I said it a second time after previously saying 5 minutes before......

I believe Curing Potion does but its a lvl 83 potion. Also you're at the mercy of whatever potions are on the auction house if you don't have the alchemy skill yourself.

Only thing if I remember correctly is when you level up briar shield it gives you more healing(cause of the elite skill).

This is correct but that's an elite skill at level 60 that does this. That means that the upgrades to the skill (up to a max of 50) are used under the druid primary because that skill goes under the "druid class-specific" section not the warden section

After looking at the spells and elite skills of the druid/warden combo it got me to thinking. Is there any reason to level up the warden secondary past 70 at all? The warden part only gives you physical attacks & physical damage SELF buffs plus briar shield. With the enhanced briar shield the other person doesn't even get the physical def portion of briar shield. They only get the reflect damage portion. The briar life elite skill obtained at level 60 increases healing received and since it is in the druid class-specific section, you need to level up the druid part to raise that to the 50 cap it has. So that leads me back to my question, is there a reason to level the warden part up past 70 in the druid/warden combo if you don't plan on ever using the warden part for anything other than being your secondary for the druid healer?

So is the Memento gear you're talking about the same as the ini gear you mentioned as being the best gear or are the hard mode dungeon gear better than memento? I haven't a clue what mementos are or where those vendors are. But my question is the gear from regular non-hard mode dungeons, where does that fall in ranking for the hard mode instance > pom > crafted > shell > blue from quests stuff and where do the memento gear fall in there too?