Is Runewaker Still Working on the Game?

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • Legitimate question as it's been like 6 months since we've even had a single festival quest. And I can hardly call a new festival quest every 3 months active development to even begin with.
    Peak/Pantheon/Stardust was all literally multiple years ago and none are even working or had any work on them in years...

Is there any Gameforge staff here that can poke them? Surely they have do SOMETHING to not break your contract...

• This game is not developed since 2015 or so.

Runewaker doesn't have the game on it's own website anymore.

GF doesn't care, they just want the money, that they can still drain from it.

Don't expect anything.

• This game is not developed since 2015 or so.

Runewaker doesn't have the game on it's own website anymore.

GF doesn't care, they just want the money, that they can still drain from it.

Don't expect anything.

But how hard is it to simply expand peak to 15. That would generate daily reset ticket sales along with a few other experience-related items. I therefore suspect there is more to it than that.

• But how hard is it to simply expand peak to 15. That would generate daily reset ticket sales along with a few other experience-related items. I therefore suspect there is more to it than that.

Because if players will be able to do pantheon, they will farm it very fast, get bored and want new content - and there is no new content xD

This way people are still waiting and at least believe that peak will be increased and there will be something to do in the future.

• disagree klaymen......new weapon not for current content is for next ini whats you think never come "this posible yes" but new armor set not make big difference just tons of money/diamond to make it even for 1% player base ingame who wanna restat high tiered gear whit ini stat "just for fun not for worth it"

so will nothing change if panth can be farm just ppl not get bored more and more by waiting

• There is no switch button for change of festivals. When a patch only contains the next festival it's still delivered by Runewaker.

If this is the technicality they're using for supporting the game, Gameforge should really do something about that. What a scam.

• There is no switch button for change of festivals. When a patch only contains the next festival it's still delivered by Runewaker.

I am not sure to what part of the conversation this comment is addressing. We are talking about raising peak, and you are talking about festival changes. If you are stating that RW is still involved in the game, sure, agreed. Not posting ROM on RW's website of games they publish is only honest. They don't publish it so why would it be there?

On the other hand, there's no real movement toward new content. MMOs need new content to keep long-term players and to bring former players back to the fold. Right now the game for me contains only dailies, Mirror world, and endless grinding in the front hall of TOS, with occasional instance runs. For me, crafting is boring. Siege war raises my blood pressure too much. Festival events for zodiac pets means more transmuter charges which would mean even more RWT to obtain more charges than the 60 toons I am currently moving through dailies can provide,

I am not sure to what part of the conversation this comment is addressing. We are talking about raising peak, and you are talking about festival changes. If you are stating that RW is still involved in the game, sure, agreed. Not posting ROM on RW's website of games they publish is only honest. They don't publish it so why would it be there?

On the other hand, there's no real movement toward new content. MMOs need new content to keep long-term players and to bring former players back to the fold. Right now the game for me contains only dailies, Mirror world, and endless grinding in the front hall of TOS, with occasional instance runs. For me, crafting is boring. Siege war raises my blood pressure too much. Festival events for zodiac pets means more transmuter charges which would mean even more RWT to obtain more charges than the 60 toons I am currently moving through dailies can provide,

It addresses the question of the thread title. I don't want to bring your attention to festivals for the mere sake of festivals, but it's been questioned, so there's that response.

--

We're not happy about the state of how things are either, alas it's not possible to "hit sense into someone until they grasp what we want and get exactly that".

• I think the game needs new players more than new content. It's hard enough for new players to complete all the zones and gear up to compete at a near endgame level. Adding more content would just make it harder for them to catch up. Of course new non required content would be nice but then there's no motivation to do it except new pvp arenas with rewards perhaps. But I just can't expect them to invest in staff to add content to such an old game. I wish they would just be honest and call it complete. Then pass on the reduce staff costs on to the players and half the prices of everything. Fix some crazy pricing on jewels and remove fails. I keep using the example of mcdonalds selling happy meal. They don't say buy a happy meal it might include a hamburger or it might not. Take out all the gambling bs. New players will know what it costs and not rage quit or give up. Be reasonable. It's not even close right now. I can't even put it into words there's no strong enough words. You could say players don't need to plus gear to the max but then you can't compete on even playing field that makes anyone ragequit. So ya you kinda do need it because so many got it for free with gold and some crazies paid for it, no offense lol. Make the game noob friendly. It doesn't need marketing they have that with all the other games people see ROM in their game list. They need to make it noob friendly and not cost $1400 to match current players. We should have 100,000 to 200,000 people online all the time. Then the battlefields would be full and groups would run all instances on every map. You could buy and sell stuff easy. Competition in AH would make prices drop and there would be so much more to buy. Damn it could be so good.

• I think the game needs new players more than new content. It's hard enough for new players to complete all the zones and gear up to compete at a near endgame level. Adding more content would just make it harder for them to catch up. Of course new non required content would be nice but then there's no motivation to do it except new pvp arenas with rewards perhaps. But I just can't expect them to invest in staff to add content to such an old game. I wish they would just be honest and call it complete. Then pass on the reduce staff costs on to the players and half the prices of everything. Fix some crazy pricing on jewels and remove fails. I keep using the example of mcdonalds selling happy meal. They don't say buy a happy meal it might include a hamburger or it might not. Take out all the gambling bs. New players will know what it costs and not rage quit or give up. Be reasonable. It's not even close right now. I can't even put it into words there's no strong enough words. You could say players don't need to plus gear to the max but then you can't compete on even playing field that makes anyone ragequit. So ya you kinda do need it because so many got it for free with gold and some crazies paid for it, no offense lol. Make the game noob friendly. It doesn't need marketing they have that with all the other games people see ROM in their game list. They need to make it noob friendly and not cost $1400 to match current players. We should have 100,000 to 200,000 people online all the time. Then the battlefields would be full and groups would run all instances on every map. You could buy and sell stuff easy. Competition in AH would make prices drop and there would be so much more to buy. Damn it could be so good.

I've rarely read so much nonsense. no new content means no player will recommending the game. I wouldn't start a mmo if I already knew that there won't be anything new.

everything else you listed would bring maybe 10% more players (not 100k-200k... maybe 200 ppl), but gf earns less money from the changes than the new people bring in. besides... who brings more money? people who do quests or people who build a lvl 100 equip? so why should gf do that?

if there is no new content, new people can no longer get high lvl equip because there are no more highs farming instances.

More people have quit the game in the last 2 years than new people have joined in the last 6 years. and even if your ideas were implemented, more people would quit the game than new ones join

Edited once, last by Ainz ().

• quest limitations of current f2p gear are level 56 .

yuri hasnt dropped a card in 6 years and gets killed 3 times a day .

now bubsitan has been nerfed .

the game is still under development even if they are not making maps and or systems .

if i can drop it it gets nerfed . thats development . its changing all the time .

we have whole maps all over the place with zero drops .

i got off subject ..lol

its going to have to be worked on soon so they better put thier thinking caps on .

game development is never over or the worlds die from neglect . put effort into it .

do not copy gamigos buissiness model of sucking the life out of worlds then disgarding them . its a fail . we all lose .

steam platform isnt doing well ...it gots gremlins in its gears . ohh , someone fix the cross platform trading its making me nervous . like today . fix it . smiles ...

• quest limitations of current f2p gear are level 56 .

yuri hasnt dropped a card in 6 years and gets killed 3 times a day .

F2P gear includes the gear in TOS. It is free to run the instance. It is free to run EVERY instance and to get gear at EVERY level. I have the level 50 blue gear sets from Goblin mines (yes, it still drops there if you understand the mechanics of the instance) that I have statted for my alts and quest them all the way to level 80. The quest rewards gear in sets from Delanis onward can take 4 high level stats and go well beyond what you are saying. There are new quest rewards gear sets in every zone that work well enough to continue several levels beyond where it was acquired. Stats can be had free with phirius shells. Puries and charges can be had free with phirius tokens. Do your dailies and Goblin mines every day for a week. You will have enough shells to do a gear pull and enough tokens still left over to get the purified fusion stone and the charge. You can earn game gold by crafting and selling stuff. You can earn game gold by doing dailies. You can sell gear that drops from mobs to vendors. You can then use your game gold to acquire gear from the AH.Oh- and you can use ancient mementos to get decent purple gear as well.

Doing truly F2P takes a longer time to gear up, but it isn't impossible. If you "Buy diamonds" from other players, it is done with game gold, which costs no money. That's the definition of Free-to-play.

What magic addon do you have that tracks the drop of monster cards?

I''m trying to "keep it civil", but you seem to just be making stuff up.

• We're not happy about the state of how things are either, alas it's not possible to "hit sense into someone until they grasp what we want and get exactly that".

I actually find this statement encouraging. The players are not happy. Gameforge is not happy. Unfortunately, there is a third party involved. After the atomic bomb that was Dragon's Prophet, I would think that Runewaker would want to do everything to keep the award winning (No, it really won a TON of awards when it came out in 2009) RoM healthy and growing, for the sake of their reputation if no other reason. The current contract should run out at some point. Gameforge needs to figure out what loopholes in the current contract allows RW to consider their contractual obligations fulfilled at their current level of performance. Then GF needs to more carefully define their expectations so they can hold RW's feet to the fire after the renewal.

• I''m trying to "keep it civil", but you seem to just be making stuff up.

There is no issue with having different opinions and stating those. If you want to be heard, it's a big difference how you phrase it though :)

I actually find this statement encouraging. The players are not happy. Gameforge is not happy. Unfortunately, there is a third party involved. After the atomic bomb that was Dragon's Prophet, I would think that Runewaker would want to do everything to keep the award winning (No, it really won a TON of awards when it came out in 2009) RoM healthy and growing, for the sake of their reputation if no other reason.

I can't give any official statement since we simply don't have more information about it. All I can say is Runewaker still does things (simplified spoken). We contineously send over requests and reports and mostly have to live with the responses.

On the other hand, if new content was around the corner, I wouldn't be able to deliver information about it either.

• lol Grumpdaddy , all my gear is white below level 60 except for my staff . im single play , i dont use anything bound except for my staff . i wouldnt touch an add on if someone paid me , i know how many times a day i kill yuri . and . i know how for how many years .

i know what the limitations of the gear is . you are useing blue gear .

i do not transform i do not go into the goblin mines , tos ? dont abreiviate type it so i can find it .

ill kill it so much everyone in the game will have the unbound blue gears lol.

now slowly and clearly tell me where it is what it is and how a single player can get in it .

add ons ? seriously ? why would i ever need to use an add on ? ( cheat toys ) yep . , thats why i wont use them . remember im a solo f2p player with even weirder rules that i follow , no cheating , no party , no guild , no bound gear . no chat box . no pet .

the list goes on , the constraints are incredible . but ill look at what you said and try it because i believe in you . thanks Grumpdaddy . im only small ... since frogster...

hmm , is that that thing by the giant staues ? ill die in there ...for sure ...

maybe its in varanas they all want me dead too... and what the hells is hijack ?

i dont like any of this id rather just kill mobs and live to tell the tale .

oh , stop all that post quoting use your own tounge please . thanks in advance .

• I don't know, if you are aware of it, but that's quite the opposite of an MMO. Of course it's your very own desicion how you want to play this game. There's no shame in that. I don't mean to be rude. It can be fun and how you describe it, it might make sense to you to not advance further in the game than up until this part.