Best secondary class for scout?

• hi guys :)

Can someone with more experience playing the scout class, say me what are the best secondary classes for DPS and why??

Thank you all :D

• 1. Scout/Rogue - Can wear 2 offhands (more patt) and has elite skill "Deadly Poison Bite" - which hits once initially and hits again for every vampire arrow debuff on the boss. Having 3 or 4 players who can use VA therefore makes this skill do very good damage, if you land it on the AD skill from k/w and silence from Wl/m (silence hit affects all DPB hits). Also landing critical hit with shot skill increases physical damage taken by target by 16%, very nice for all physical dps.

2. Scout/Warden - Patt buff from warden secondary, briar shield (better survivability), and most importantly turns Charged Chop (Wd general skill) into an overpowered ranged attack. You can hit Snipe and Charged Chop on silence, since there is no GCD from using snipe, which means this combo can do well with good timing. Also using snipe increases the Physical Damage taken by the target (10% iirc).

3. Scout/Warrior - dexterity buff and passive str buff from warrior side. Also "Target Lock" elite skill, which increases physical damage taken by target by 10%. Stacks with the other debuffs. S/W has the biggest hitting snipe due to their higher patt, but doesn't have a 2nd skill as powerful as CC or DPB. Still can do very high damage.

4. Scout/Mage - maybe a left-field option but can still be top of scruti. Has an elite to increase all AoE damage and fire element damage. You get Ignite which is a spammable fire aoe based on Patt, which can also root enemies. Does nice damage but drains your MP very quickly. Can do nice dmg with its other skills (it is a scout, and all scouts have nice buffs). Also gives party members 10% matt/patt with its combo shot skill.

I would say that is the order of usefulness, S/R and S/Wd are interchangeable really, depends on your preference and the party setup.

• What can you say about Scout/Druid or Scout/Priest? Are they any viable?

I have a Scout/Rogue/Priest I am working up, but he is nowhere near endgame yet.

I gotta say I like S/P, P/S, R/P, and P/R, but by far my fave is S/R or R/S. He just melts face.

Wiki.png?version=4b4e55609c0a0a40661789aa561decddBludwyng [The RoM Wiki-Ferret]

Mithrandyr (Wd/D/S), Bludwyng (W/M), Elbehreth (M/D/S), Giblet (Wk/P/M), Grymjack (K/W), Donaldubh (R/S/P), & Reuxpierre (Ch/M/W), Malcontent (M/R/Wk), Bludborne (W/R), Wikiferret (P/M), Romwiki (M/D/Wd), Kerfuffle (C/M), & Carboncopy (P/Wk) on Ayvenas

Admin of The RoM Wiki at https://runesofmagic.fandom.com

Steam profile: Bludwyng

• I haven't played s/p or s/d, nor have I seen anyone really playing them. From looking at the elites, scout/druid seems to be more based on support rather than dps. The level 40 elite also turns 50% of your wisdom into physical attack, but as a scout won't be statting wisdom it is not so helpful. There aren't any great elites for dps, so I would say S/D wouldn't be useful in a dps role in instances.

S/P has a lvl 30 elite

Raises the speed of physical attacks and spell casting of you and your party members by 2.0% for 25.0 seconds, which could be quite useful. However I don't know if this stacks with other attack speed buffs, and if it doesn't then it would be quite a useless buff for parties. The lvl 35 elite turns your vampire arrow into a sort-of-heal, so that might be nice for farming (although S/K has a healing function as well as enhanced armour). As with S/D, there aren't really any elites for dps.

• S/R looks like strongest dd right now. In 2016-2017 S/Wd was a bit beter, but then many players change their rouges or create new scout character and now we usually have more than 3-4 wampire arrows in pt. PvE - S/R and if you like PvP - S/Wd by far is best option.

The real question here seems to be "Don't you see that the Upgrade System of RoM is way to expensive? "

To that question I would say, what is too expensive? To expensive is a price no one is willing to pay...

by Phelan (responsible for the Community Management, Support, Localization, Facility Management and Human Ressources departments in Gameforge)

• s/p attack speed elit doesnt stack with stimulant afaik. so s/r or s/wd for pve, s/wd for pvp

Oldass, Challenger

Vidar (ew)

Quit in december 2018, best decision of my life, now mostly played by friends.

RIP Isiltir and Agenor. Never forget.

• 1. Scout/Rogue - Can wear 2 offhands (more patt) and has elite skill "Deadly Poison Bite" - which hits once initially and hits again for every vampire arrow debuff on the boss. Having 3 or 4 players who can use VA therefore makes this skill do very good damage, if you land it on the AD skill from k/w and silence from Wl/m (silence hit affects all DPB hits). Also landing critical hit with shot skill increases physical damage taken by target by 16%, very nice for all physical dps.

Thank you! Very good explained, ill go for scout/rogue/warden :)

• S/K is best combo for farming :D Healing shot skill on maxed level (100) heals u almost full hp with full dps gear (4 sec CD!).

Also u have benefits of enhanced armor and some stamina boost.

Main: Ralesius

class: s/r/w/k/m 100/100/100/100/70

alt: Ralence

class: wl/ch/r/m/w/p 100/100/100/100/100

guild: Dragonlords

• s/m too soft, i tried and drain lot of hp/mana pots, s/k is purely free to farm with :)

Main: Ralesius

class: s/r/w/k/m 100/100/100/100/70

alt: Ralence

class: wl/ch/r/m/w/p 100/100/100/100/100

guild: Dragonlords

• I have been playing the S/M for years now and its true you use up a lot of mana, however you also have ways to ensure you have plenty of mana on hand by statting good amounts of intel in your gear, plenty of potions, if you can use a pet that is for mage really helps and then also I do the mage cenedrils for extra powerful intel available along with plenty of pattk. The reason I have played this combo so long is the great fun I have with it, give it a chance I think many would love playing this combo and the elites are really great!;)

"A closed mouth gathers no feet."

• I play s/p & s/m and both are great for different things.

s/p is a good utility combo whose elites are all geared towards helping everyone in the party.

vamp arrow heals 3% + random ( based on heal bonus ) every other tick. ie tick 1 - 3%, tick 2 - random, tick 3 - 3%, etc...

aggro lead gives you & one other person +10% physical and magical dmg for 20 secs.

+20% attack speed buff

+% patk buff when shot hits

mana shot gives +% hp shield to everyone in the party

etc...

I normally use the cibel set + healing cloth that has heal bonuses when I run this build as well as T8 statted Jadefang sword and T8 statted bow.

As long as everyone stays around the s/p, there are continous heals & buffs.

S/M is just pure dps fun. Ignite is the most OP aoe/cc in the game in imho. STE farms go pretty fast when you can ignite for 600-700k hits using a modified t-storm macro, that aoe spam kills pretty much any group.

Ignite is a physical dps skill, so stacking patk + pdmg buffs helps a lot. So using food & pots, it's easy to get in > 1 mil ignites on bosses.

I generally stat using dex/patk, int/patk, dex/int because Ignite also adds like 10% of your intelligence per hit. It's not a lot, but that's like an additional 1.4k w/ 14k int.

Here I use cibel set + the lvl 85 set for double pdmg buffs, T8 statted 2-h staff & +23 T12 xbow.

Most of the boss fights, with a k/w, Ignite burn is nasty at the beginning & then just cycle through pew pew skills :)

• Novar

Closed the thread.