Diamond Reduction - Slap in the Face!

• 100$ before was 3335 diamonds total for buying with a credit card not through steam. now it is 4300, that is about a 25% boost in diamonds. So when the diamond sale finally comes around, we can see if gameforge is jipping us, or actually trying to help.

• Quote from Celes

Są one w okolicach 20-50%

CM Celes say to us a bit more about new dia promos. GF want to give us same item shop currency promo like they do in all other games 20-50%. It means they slap rom community inm the face really hard!

The real question here seems to be "Don't you see that the Upgrade System of RoM is way to expensive? "

To that question I would say, what is too expensive? To expensive is a price no one is willing to pay...

by Phelan (responsible for the Community Management, Support, Localization, Facility Management and Human Ressources departments in Gameforge)

• With all due respect it's hardly a rage train, i've seen only reasonable posts on this topic so far. Just once again the players don't feel like they have been listened to - was only a little while ago we were having topics in this forum that aimed to increase the transparency between the players and the publishers - and now this move has been implemented which doesn't really benefit any players, maybe the 5% of the playerbase who buys diamonds off-promo.

I'm sure the playerbase or at least those active on the forums would show their appreciation if there was a move that was genuinely good for the game, but this isn't really one. The reason for this change ("a disparity in the prices between promo and non-promo diamonds") is just waffle - if it's to increase diamond sales (which I imagine is the intention) then why not just say that and not try to say that 140% diamond promos are bad for the game.

Personally I'm not really opposed to this change even, I just think it's dumb and looks pretty bad, there are a ton of more important things that could be changed about the item shop.

• There you have some fragments from our Polish forum, where Celes responded to some questions concerning new dia promos:

My translation:

Quote from Reynmar:

Can you confirm that the game will not get more expensive after that action, that means dia promos will be 100% and more?

Celes' response

I don't think we will have dia promos at about 100% or more. RoM will now have the Diamond HH values as known from our other games.

As it was stated in the news, only RoM had struggled that much disproportion between diamond price "in normal days" and during HH (you know it yourselves, because you say nobody byus without HH). That's why this is the first step to normalize the difference - from now on "on normal days" the base amount of Diamonds will be increased, and HH will be normalized.

Another adjustements are also planned - e.g. "DLC packs" price in shop was changed yesterday, and now they cost 699 and 1999 diamonds.

---------------------------------------------------------

Another qoute:

Nie znam też ofert promocyjnych z innych gier GF

Są one w okolicach 20-50%

Chyba że niebawem dostaniemy stałą obniżę cen niektórych przedmiotów z IS?

Niestety nie jestem w stanie przekazać jeszcze nic na ten temat.

My translation (I write it as a conversation, so it's gonna be more transparent):

Zeno: I don't know promotion offers from other GF games.

Celes: They are about 20-50%

Zeno: Unless we will have a constant prices reduction for some IS items soon?

Celes: Unfortunately, I am not able to say anything about that topic yet.

----------------------------------------------

Well... I think no further speculations needed.

• Except that the announcement said verbatim "Look out for more changes and alterations to the shop over the coming weeks and months."

So, in fact we do know, sorry, jack shit about the total outcome yet.

Of course, if that quoted sentence from the announcement turns out as a net price increase, by all means, rage away. I know I will :P

[This user speaks English on a near native level.]

[This user speaks German on a native level.]

[This user can curse in a variety of languages.]

In the beginning the Universe was created.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Trust me, I'm an engineer.....with epic skill and epic gear

• Well the reason why people only buy on promo - buying diamonds off-promo is way too expensive, when you consider how much making 1 piece of gear costs. Increasing the amount by a couple of % is not going to change that. Making promos less frequent and lower amounts will only drive more players away in likelihood.

Except that the announcement said verbatim "Look out for more changes and alterations to the shop over the coming weeks and months.

Yes, but my vision of further changes to the IS is along the lines of more wbp.exe problems and not being able to open it at all D

Item shop has been very bad for well over 2 years now (or whenever the old one was replaced) and has pretty much only been made worse with each new change. Apart from daily loyalty/item depot, that was a good change.

• Well I remember that many many many months ago there was an announcement said: "Look for more changes and alternations to the shop.." - and they moved the shop window slightly to the upper left corner. This is a good expample on how our suggestions concerning IS are treated.

• It doesn't seem worth judging at this point. The update by itself doesn't tell us much, especially for those that don't purchase diamonds outside of sales, and speculating makes people upset about things that haven't happened. Even hypothetical numbers have no usefulness here. Better that we wait and use the real numbers when we have them, then revisit. Hopefully the "more changes and alterations to the shop" will be clarified to add context for this current change.

Only part that feels weird to me is why other GF games have any bearing on what is happening in this game. :/ Promotions and sales should be specific to each individual game and the economy of that game. I'm completely unconcerned about whether promotion rates across multiple game titles look cohesive or whatever. Different games, different sales.

Checkmäte
    Warden / Warrior / Rogue / Scout / Mage / Druid

Server: Aeterna (PVE)
    RIP Indigo (PVP)

• Well I remember that many many many months ago there was an announcement said: "Look for more changes and alternations to the shop.." - and they moved the shop window slightly to the upper left corner. This is a good expample on how our suggestions concerning IS are treated.

The cynic in me would say "but is IS a change...." but I get your point ;)

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

• Personally, I appreciate the change. There are times when I want something, be it a Random attribute extractor or a mount, and I don't have enough diamonds. Sometimes I can wait for the diamond sale, but sometimes I want it NOW, and pay regular price for diamonds. At those times, I am going to get a better deal, which will offset the reduced bonus during diamond promotions.

Now, if they can get some of the ruby purchase items BACK to being diamond purchases.

• The move should've been to make 140% dia sales the norm and just never have Dia Promos. Or if they were nice and not xXx, maybe on holidays but not by much.

Tbh, it's Gameforge, so I'll be super surprised if players actually get more diamonds with the new promos than they did with the old ones.

Just the fact that they released the game on Steam and stopped diamond promos because the new people had no idea it was a super common occurrence is the scummiest thing I've seen a publisher do lmao.

Edit: P.S. I'm convinced that Grumpy guy is a Gameforge employee.

::post edited ~ Diogenes::

• Edit: P.S. I'm convinced that Grumpy guy is a Gameforge employee.

There are some grumpy Gameforge employees, but not the other way around XD

• The whole point is Moot. We have not had a Diamond sale in 6 weeks, and we may not for another 6. So it seems they figure make them wait long enough and we will be grateful we get anything

• Maybe that if they make the Item Shop blinking and changing colour this will let people buy more diamonds :)

Rom players actually have brains and can do the math. The point is we need a diamond promo to see if we will get anything more or less.

And if we get the same or less and the happy hour is less than 50% means we have been scammed yet again.

SoVvjsU.png

• So dia promo is 30% now, that means GF raised dia price by 20%.

One of the most costy game in hystory.. and they raise dias price by 20%.....

Disgusted.

Wiped at 0% Will's Curse - Medusa - Andriol - Vrantal - Charionys - Naos - Yawaka - Gugolar

• Confident grumpy is an employee.

But guess we will have to just wait and see what the prices will be. I know if it's more expensive I will unfortunately be leaving. Thought prices couldn't get worse and am willing to spend at the costs they were but If after coming back to game and they do this, that is a slap in the face for diamond buyers. I know there are plenty of old players coming back to game but if this change makes it even more costly, we will begin to leave, just due to GF slaping us with their flacid @(#$ ...The game was a great childhood memory for most of us and now that a lot of us have better jobs we came back since there was a new server and we could afford to pay for this expensive game...but if the prices actually increase, that's just a slap in the face and people will begin to leave...

"We want to ensure that our item prices are both fair and balanced." - LOL, prices for diamond have never been fair and balanced!

• Well, ENEU players (Searius) and ENUS (grumpy) are obviously both discussing here. the EU promo IS live, US has no yet arrived, so that's that.

I'd expect the US promo in about 5h around midnight Pacific as usual.