Title "Fungi Killer"

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • I am looking for people who have the title "Fungi Killer".

It can be found under Challenge > Hunting, one of the first titles on the list.

I know of only one person holding this title, who created her character in 2012. However, she no longer remembers how she earned it.

I once heard a rumor that it was a bug and the title could be earned on the Necropolis of Mirrors instance. I am curious if this is true and if it is still possible. Maybe someone can confirm it.

[Ukończone misje: 7277] [Zdobyte tytuły: 763] [Zdobyte karty: 1969]

RAScrn-Shot-20221112-17523236-cleanupoy.jpg

• you have to kill the fungus king Hillarzu.

That's a different title but I have theorized that maybe killing him 10 times gives this.
    After all there is no fungi in NoM, I've read that rumor as well but it makes no sense. Also where it appears should be in Howling Mountains and looking up the ID it does say something about a killcount of 10

• I find it unlikely that killing Hillarzu 10 times would be an expectation. I don't know the last time I heard him spawn. Killing enough fungi near Pioneers Village will spawn fungus captains. I don't know how many captains it would take to bring Hillarzu out.

There are fungi in Qilana Forest, but that's at the opposite end of the zone for NoM.

• you have to kill the fungus king Hillarzu.

That's a different title but I have theorized that maybe killing him 10 times gives this.
    After all there is no fungi in NoM, I've read that rumor as well but it makes no sense. Also where it appears should be in Howling Mountains and looking up the ID it does say something about a killcount of 10

Well I know that certain titles can only be achieved at certain lvls... I remember back in the day there was a title like bear bully that could only be done if you were lvl 10 or below. Being that its so close to the beginning of the list, I am guessing it was one of those that had to do with fungus in pioneer and its likely you're too high lvl to get it anymore.

• There's 5 of those dumb bear titles all relating mostly to level and in the screen shot fungi killer is right next to them.
    Killing Hillarzu under lv.10 no party could make sense. The 10 killcount in the ID is what's got me curious though

• The Challenge title for Hillarzu is "I Actually Found Him!"

It is PROBABLE that killing Hillarzu when under a certain level is the key to "Fungi Killer", and it MUST be a Howling Mountains title, not NoM.

https://runesofmagic.fandom.com/wiki/Fungi_Killer

Wiki.png?version=4b4e55609c0a0a40661789aa561decddBludwyng [The RoM Wiki-Ferret]

Mithrandyr (Wd/D/S), Bludwyng (W/M), Elbehreth (M/D/S), Giblet (Wk/P/M), Grymjack (K/W), Donaldubh (R/S/P), & Reuxpierre (Ch/M/W), Malcontent (M/R/Wk), Bludborne (W/R), Wikiferret (P/M), Romwiki (M/D/Wd), Kerfuffle (C/M), & Carboncopy (P/Wk) on Ayvenas

Admin of The RoM Wiki at https://runesofmagic.fandom.com

Steam profile: Bludwyng

• If it was available as a result of a bug, I would not look for a logical explanation. I was hoping to find someone else who has this title.

I have already killed the Hillarzu at lvl 1 and 10, and I am almost certain that I have killed it more than 10 times.

[Ukończone misje: 7277] [Zdobyte tytuły: 763] [Zdobyte karty: 1969]

RAScrn-Shot-20221112-17523236-cleanupoy.jpg

• I've never even seen him or found anyone who has. How do you get Hillarzu to spawn?

From the wiki-

Hillarzu the First is a very rare spawn. Seems that to spawn him you need to kill some Fungi:

Although 1 time I killed him he strait up respawned so that last part is inaccurate. I've only got him 3 times I think?

I have already killed the Hillarzu at lvl 1 and 10, and I am almost certain that I have killed it more than 10 times.

only *almost certain*? :evil:

• Summarizing what I found in a third-party forums post regarding this title. The post is from 2016:

There was evidence they could find if you searched online at that time that the title came from NoM by a bug. It was never meant to be in game, and they removed the title from NoM, and thus from the game, in a patch. There are several titles not achievable in game, but in the database, and this one has an unfinished title description much like those.

/end summary

I tend to agree that this is likely what happened. The evidence they speak of would probably be a post from the old forums, which would be lost in any attempt to search for it through Google now, which is why we can't find anything about it.

"CharlieBananas" on the old forums

Mattyb

Mage/Knight/Warrior

Artemis I mean... Aeterna ... Uh... United States server

Former 'The Black Tower' Co-Leader and Tarrasque Rank

Current Co-Leader Serenity Guild

<3

• If they did patch it out they never said it specifically in any patch notes, you can still totally look up old OG patch notes. Here's some of the games first fixes -

• Fixed a bug that made it impossible to use mounts in any other channel than channel 1.
    • Fixed a bug that caused the Client to crash when casting.

lol only mounts in channel 1 :D

• Turned off user tracking device - it is no longer possible to track the position of other players across the server

Does anyone remember this? I sure don't.

Did a simple search for the title and any nercopolis of mirrors mentions as well as their bosses and this is all that they have ever done there-

Necropolis of Mirrors: The boss Magister Gumas doesn’t walk through the walls anymore.

Krodamar and Krodamon: The message errors have been fixed.

Added new weapon drops to

• Forsaken Abbey
    • Necropolis of Mirror

Many many titles have blank descriptions that are obtainable so I wouldn't even look at that. Big X to doubt NoM theory

Sig.png
    RAScrn-Shot-20221104-165552.jpg
    Since Beta 2009-03-05
    Youtube

Edited 2 times, last by Bakken ().

• I seem to recall reading somewhere that this title required multiple kills of a massively rare spawning Fungus in Howling Mountains.

Having read through the posts above, it could very well be the Fungus Captains that are the required target.

Alas, I gave up on this title eleventeen years ago and don't know with any certainty if the information was correct.

Inferiority Complex - Original wearer of the Snow Combat Drum!

W/R/K, S/M/R, M/P/W, P/W/S since 2008 on Siochain // M/P/S & W/R/P on Osha

Everyone's name is better than mine! :(