Posts by MattyB

Feel free to keep suggesting how to balance and ideas on how to solve this situation, everything will be forwarded :thumbup: (So far I don't see a solution that could completely address the problem)

It is nice to see you say "address the problem", acknowledging there is one. ;)

Anywho;

58 and 90 Elites - Remove the movement speed completely from this. Its not needed. Increase the other part of the buff to compensate; 5% / 10 seconds / 10 times and 6% / 12 seconds / 10 times, respectively.

67 and 99 Elites - Lower movement speed buff to 15% and 30%, respectively. Increase the other part of this to 8% of hp per second.

Saces's Impulse (WL/CH Elite) - Remove healing from this skill. Decrease Intelligence buff to 10% maximum at level 100.

Sort of unrelated, but also make maximum PvP damage reduction at like 60-70%.

Summarizing what I found in a third-party forums post regarding this title. The post is from 2016:

There was evidence they could find if you searched online at that time that the title came from NoM by a bug. It was never meant to be in game, and they removed the title from NoM, and thus from the game, in a patch. There are several titles not achievable in game, but in the database, and this one has an unfinished title description much like those.

/end summary

I tend to agree that this is likely what happened. The evidence they speak of would probably be a post from the old forums, which would be lost in any attempt to search for it through Google now, which is why we can't find anything about it.

I don't have a problem with the changes themselves. I don't think it would have made sense to get rid of the three traps, so I'm glad that didn't work/happen. The buffs thing is great. The drill ground issue was a niche fix. The guards are obvious the most controversial, and I don't think its a perfect solution or perfectly implemented, but there is also nothing outright wrong with it. This is something that could use future tweaks. Otherwise, nothing too problematic with it, it is just different than what the normal has been for a very long time.

My problem lies with the things they chose to "fix" or change. The buffs staying is a major fix, but other than that... the other three "problems" aren't even close to the most problematic things they could have focused on for siege war. Class balancing is hard and very opinionated, but needs to be addressed in siege at some point. In the mean while, how about something more black and white like the crash buff from the fountain in Varanas? How about skills that can hit through gates and walls and aren't suppose to? No thanks, the drill ground can't be attacked without clicking on it from the middle of it first.

Also, the majority of the runes of magic players like the nostalgia part of the game more, me and my team are included in this majority

Opening a server starting with Chapter 1 will increase this number many times over and will attract players who want to play this game, old and new. Because especially new players will love Chapter 1 and the content that will follow.

[Citation needed.]

The problem is both simple to state and complicated to explain; there is too much gold in the game.

Single items are very well capable of being worth more than one gold stack (1 billion gold) when they are already tiered and plussed. Sets of items where that is true should be sold/traded together in one trade and can cost billions of gold. In the past month alone, I was told a set of items would cost 2.5billion gold and another single item would cost 1.3billion gold. This isn't unusual for some items imo.

You can't list these items in the auction house because you don't want to list items for less than what they are worth. You physically can't list them for more than 1billion gold.

Having a max gold stack or close to it isn't unusual if you have been endgame for a long time, and being forced to use alts to store gold when you go over is a nuisance.

Without knowing the statistics (please share, GMs), I assume there is more gold entering the game than there is exiting the game, and has been this way without fail since the start of the game. This is the reason all the other problems exist. If a significant gold sink was introduced years ago, none of this might be a problem, but I feel it is too late for a gold sink to completely reduce the prices to where this won't be a problem, but it could stagnate it and prevent future problems from occurring.

The solutions/suggestions come in three parts.

1. The obvious suggestion to relieve some of these problems is to increase gold cap. Unfortunately, I think this is an imperfect or temporary solution. I believe ROM uses 32 integer storage for values such as gold amount. That would mean 2,147,483,647 gold would be the hard cap. This isn't perfect or a long term solution. This is would at least allow us to bid on items in the auction house for that amount, though it might not be necessary to do...

2. Create a NPC that buys and sells an item (a gold bar?), for one million gold. Have the stack limit of this item be like 25,000 or something ridiculous. Allow players to trade this item to other players. This would allow players to trade other players for items higher than the gold cap. Want to sell an item for 1.5b? Trade another player and have them offer 1,500 gold bars, then go to the NPC and sell the gold bars. It would also allow us to store gold higher than cap while not using alts.

3. Create a gold sink. Anything that would make endgame players throw money at an NPC for a beneficial reason (as opposed to a consequential one).

Like, there was an NPC in Kampel Town in Land of Malevolence when it first came that allowed us to get like tier 4 and 5 runes from purple instance gear and gold. It was removed shortly weeks after release. Change that NPC to give tier 4 to 8 runes depending on the level of gear and gold amount entered and put it in Varanas or something.

Another item sink: Allow the listing of items on the auction house with no price listed to receive offers on the items for a fee so people can message them or mail them about the item to offer on it. This would allow people to list items for sale that cost more than gold cap. Charge like 10 to 25m per item to prevent or limit it from being spammed with items of no value.

More worried about the Moa's Core turn in.

Just some assumptions to calculate what I'm imagining.

The Moa's Core drops are 1 in 100 per last boss in level 50 instances (Cyclops, Kalins, and TT).

There are 8 different kinds of Moa's Cores, so I can only assume there will likely be 8 different NPCS with 8 different turn ins.

If this is all true, if you are lucky and get no repeat Moa's Cores, on average, you'll need to do 800 runs of level 50 instance to get one of each turn.

Even if you are Wl/Ch and just full sprinting to the end or something and taking 2 minutes per instance, that is 26 hours and 40 minutes in level 50 instances.

Like I said, a lot of assumptions there. Maybe there will be only one turn in total with 8 options (in which case it'd be 3 hours and 20 minutes on average per Core), but I doubt it.

At any rate, no one wants to actively have to do 50 instances for the fear of missing out.

You guys can do better. Make something that we'd actively enjoy doing and is as rewarding. No one is going to be 2 and half hours into running through Kalin's Shrine having fun.

Affected Class/Skill/Quest/Festival/Other:

Everyone in siege is in danger of crashing more than normal due to this buff.

Description:

Three buffs are received from the fountain in Varanas Central where the Chaos Vortex entrance spawns. You pay 30k gold to receive a buff. When the gold total reaches the 66m, 132m and 200m respectively (I think?), anyone with the 30k gold buff will receive a second buff...

The three buffs are:

"Wish Fulfilled: Courage" - 30% EXP

"Wish Fulfilled: Luck" - 30% Drop Rate

"Wish Fulfilled: Devotion" - 30% TP

Their respective IDs are: 621995, 621996, 621997

These buffs cause excess crashing in siege for both sides.

Here is a thread I made on the situation a year and half ago. It told me to make a new thread instead of bumping it.

Remove 12 Hour Haidon Fountain Buffs from game to prevent significant crashes in siege

Server:

All but specifically Aeterna this time.

Version:

7.4.0.2921.en but also every other one for the past 3 years.

Just had our 36 vs 36 siege between the top two guilds on US get ruined because our side had 40-50 crashes in the first 5 minutes, followed by us backing out because it wasn't worth the problems. It has been a problem for years.

Started playing after a year break about a month ago. Granted I only play for a few hours a week.

Peak levels are the only new thing worth noting in that time frame. They aren't real normal levels. They go up to 20 (supposedly?). It appears as level 100 (1) in game in some places if you have 1 peak level. It costs about the same experience as another level for take but you only get experience at 1/10 the rate so it takes 10x as long as it normally does. Even at level 100 (normal levels) and level 20 peak levels, people are theorizing that you won't be able to do the new instance at all. No one can really test this theory because no one is at level 20 peak levels (personally the highest I saw is 9). They gave us a new zone with quests that will help you get about 1/10 of a peak level at normal experience rate so you have to grind out levels in an instance... or you can buy the peak experience orbs in the item shop. These levels make no difference in siege war.

There are several familiar people still playing on the US server that you might recognize.

rate is 1/100 so its 100 times slower

I knew that, thanks for the correction.

Started playing after a year break about a month ago. Granted I only play for a few hours a week.

Peak levels are the only new thing worth noting in that time frame. They aren't real normal levels. They go up to 20 (supposedly?). It appears as level 100 (1) in game in some places if you have 1 peak level. It costs about the same experience as another level for take but you only get experience at 1/10 the rate so it takes 10x as long as it normally does. Even at level 100 (normal levels) and level 20 peak levels, people are theorizing that you won't be able to do the new instance at all. No one can really test this theory because no one is at level 20 peak levels (personally the highest I saw is 9). They gave us a new zone with quests that will help you get about 1/10 of a peak level at normal experience rate so you have to grind out levels in an instance... or you can buy the peak experience orbs in the item shop. These levels make no difference in siege war.

There are several familiar people still playing on the US server that you might recognize.

Diamond trading directly between players was removed like in April 2010 due to criminal activity linked to players using stolen credit card information to illegally buy diamonds.

There was a time in 2012 when they did have an NPC who gave a laughable amount of diamonds for a reasonable (compared to the price on my server at least) amount of gold next to the NPC you speak of, but it was removed less than a year later (I don't remember a reason given for this).

I don't know how effective all this was/is in preventing the illegal buying of diamonds, though, since players can always just gift items to other players directly. This is also speculation, but it seems to have been a decision made directly by someone working with Runes of Magic (as opposed to a higher level person at Gameforge who may work in the financial or legal department for the entire company) because other Gameforge games have had the ability (at least in the past) to trade their respective paid currencies for their respective in game currencies in the game between players on the auction house during the same time that we could not. If it was a company (Gameforge) decision, rather than a division (Runes of Magic) decision, I would think that they would do the same for all the games.

About once every 3 weeks to a month we experience a siege war where everyone crashes 20+ times. This is directly that are triggered by getting the Haidon Buff from the fountain in Varanas. The buffs I am talking about are the ones that last 12 hours. I am not talking about the ones that last 2 hours.

cIRCwH0.png

This is one of the buffs.

The three buffs are:

"Wish Fulfilled: Courage" - 30% EXP

"Wish Fulfilled: Luck" - 30% Drop Rate

Wish Fulfilled: Devotion" - 30% TP

They all three have the same icon as above.

Their respective IDs are: 621995, 621996, 621997

They CANNOT be removed from a player by right clicking on it. In fact, the only way to get rid of it is by letting it expire.

Runewaker: Please disable players from being able to get the three buffs above to prevent crashing in siege war.

Gameforge: Temporary solution since you probably can't remove it or allow players themselves to right click it, please add an NPC that will remove the buff from the player and make an announcement acknowledging that it causes crashes so players can self monitor it.

It is difficult for us to help in such a situation because initially the gift option (as you can read very well) was made to send present to another player's inbox. And for a long time this was used as argument (a valid one) to say well you're on your own. Sounds harsh I know.

Now there's one exception. Make screenshots of your conversation with this so called seller showing a trade was going to take place and submit a screenshot to support. We cannot promise that you will get back your gold and definetely not your goods (which is for the latter probably not the answer you were hoping for), but the same person will think twice next time they try to scam someone.

Ok, that is good, but what about the rising prices of diamonds in-game and the lack of players buying them to sell to other players? Is the economy just going to be slowly ruined due to the inflation in price of a resource that has been non-existent only in recent months that every player relies on?

Over the past few months, the price change of diamonds in game has increased by over 50% (steady at 100k originally to now people trying to buy for 150k to 170k) on my server. Is the marketing person looking at what is causing this? This inflation is unhealthy to the entire economy. There is no one buying diamonds to sell to other players anymore. Help stimulate the economy back to the normal rates of the past few years. This can't be as hard as you guys make it.

If you are playing on an old server (e.g. Vidar for EU, or Aeterna for US), a good friend/guildie could power level you in one of the last two instances and that would probably be easiest.

Otherwise, there is Aslan Valley, Dragonfang Ridge, and Coast of Opportunity/Xaveria(preferred) for about that level. Once you get past 50, there is only one zone for each set of levels, so make sure to leave any unneeded quests behind so that you have some to level second and third class with. Meaning you shouldn't need all the quests in most of the zones to get to the level for the next one.