Summer events.

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • It seems the summer events are over already. I am particularly concerned by the lack of things to help those of us fighting for peak levels.

I am at P17 on my main character with 256 million left for P18. If I forgo everything else including the real world, I can get about 6 million points in a weekend. It will take 42 weeks to get to P18, assuming of course, I am willing to row non-stop like a roman galley slave.

Then there's P19, which I'm guessing is going to require around 450 million "Peak Experience Points", equivalent to 45 BILLION regular XP, with every kill and every quest completion score rounded DOWN to the nearest 100.

I was looking forward to getting some serious PXP related events this summer. The GM event gave me 4 orbs worth 5 million each, (and it was fun. I just couldn't see bringing all 9 of my P1 or higher characters along) but that's like dropping an ice cube into the ocean and worrying about rising sea levels. What's happening? And when are we going to find out what Stardust is (I know, we are all made from stardust. I'm talking Taborean stardust)?

• There is no much point to try leveling peak over 10 without peak exp orbs! numbers are too big to level by killing mobs, quests on map not enough and amount of daily tickets .... even from 14-15 is insane!

Orbs from Exchanges till now (last 3 years) was barely enought to rich peak 19 and half. What about players who missed one or two exchanges?

Gameforge have to care about posibility for all players to grouth their Peak proggres and rich some usefulness of their characters in endgame content!

For ther record my main is peak 20 so im kinda done my alt missing some 70mil peak and im not in hurry BUT:

1. What about new players? Even RoM is old game players start play or return even those days! Imagine the perespective for a new player when suffering in leveling to 100 (is not that easy) when he learn from guild/friends that ..... there are some 300-320 BIlions exp needed after rich level 100. Not sound promising to stay right?

2. What about players who play 1/2 or 3/4 of years and missing entire seasons .... coz of work vacations and STUDY? What is motivation after you return to play after 1-2-3 months of break and you learn that .... "so sad you missed Event with peak orbs exchange" .... and noone even know if there will be next one ......??? Not much motivation right?

3. What about peoples who are not in home 7/7day a week (cant log every day) and missing few echanges a week anyway?

Solution about "catch up" peak have to be found!

Suguestions:

a. Regular all year "monthly" peak orbs exchanges! (200-300 mil peak exp per month) is atlast some hope for people who start or return!

b. Increase peak Exp given from Minigame in Silverfall (2-5 mill peak per run) even with 5 mil a day is 150mil per month .... after peak 15 is nearly nothing! .....but is a HOPE .... and combained with other stuff make it possibe or atlast "looking possible"

c. Increas Logar "Donkey" NPS quest rewards to 4 time a day x 5 mil peak exp orbs. also Fixing quest on NPS for peak fragments .... to make it possible for farm ........ lets say Normal mod is a bit too much for lets say high lvl inis! can be mostly zone quests and few low lvl inis quests!

Everything is up to Gameforge team but is time to listen comunity!

Solution about "catch up" peak have to be found!

• They should just finally rework the peak exp orb quest in Logar so you A: have a permanent solution when you can get a reasonable amount (idk what 30,40 mil pexp a day?) and B:get rid of that Quest being completely useless (that is technically portrayed as the official and intended way to level up peak exp).

• I really like Axxels idea.

Furthermore I'd be intrested in knowing if Peak 20 is officially confirmed to be the last peak lvl, or if they gonna up it sooner or later.

Kind of a struggle when you have 2 chars you (would like to) play on one game-account, but trade events only can be done by one char per game-account.

• And what happened to peak gear and/or skills? That just never happened.

• "Current Peak Level cap is 5. In the future updates, the level cap will be increased and new exclusive Peak Levels gear item will be added." 2019

Also in regards to the summer event,
    "The schedule for the coming months will be published later, stay tuned!"
    I thought there was going to be more but guess not? lol

• And what happened to peak gear and/or skills? That just never happened.

• "Current Peak Level cap is 5. In the future updates, the level cap will be increased and new exclusive Peak Levels gear item will be added." 2019

Also in regards to the summer event,
    "The schedule for the coming months will be published later, stay tuned!"
    I thought there was going to be more but guess not? lol

In the Discord they said, that they will announce coming events later today or tomorrow

• Re "Getting Peak XP Suggestions"

Peak XP can be treated like a 'Daily' event where one can gain up to <x>M peak XP fighting mobs/doing dailies without the peak XP being reduced. So, if hypothetically one would normally get 100K XP from turning in a daily, then one would really get 100K Peak XP (it is not reduced at a small fraction). Once one reaches that max limit, then they get the same small amount of peak XP as it is today.

I'll let the game designers decide on what that max peak limit is per day if they decide to do something like this (hahahaha... I know, why am I even bringing this up...).

• If by max level you mean p20, it will take 2 years just to get from 18 to 19, more from 19 to 20.

And while gaining peak FRAGMENTS in NP is better than nothing, although it is not much better than a pointy stick in the eye. To get 145 fragments for the daily turn in, you will have to kill 29 bosses. Not all of us are going to be ready to do that and we will be dependent on guildies or other friends. I would prefer something I can do on my own on all 9 characters that have already reached P2

A new zone that can only be entered by characters at P2 or higher and that gives PXP quest rewards instead of regular XP would be great. That would require Runewaker to do something, though.

• Well it's summer, with current type of summer event we don't need to spend time playing, we can be out and hang with friends doing fun stuff instead. :D

• Agreed, Shiby. You can only turn in 145 fragments per day. That is 1.65 million PXP. I can grind 2 million faster than I can gather the fragments. I am able to handle one NP medium mob at a time. Since the two at the end of the front hall aggro together, I can only do the first 4. Sure, there are players with characters that can do better. I think my ability is more typical.

So- spend hours getting fragments so I can turn them in overy day for a year? Or take advantage of the boost for 12-15 million per day? Hmmm... not really a choice, is it?

Whoever is dreaming these events up needs to get demoted to the mail room. The people at Gameforge cannot possibly be leveling toons the same way we have to. If there were, they would realize how disappointing this thing is.

• We can also calculate some silly ratio...

I agree with Grump to handle only the four first mobs of NP medium... So 145 / 4 is 37 times entering the ini and 37 times getting out of the ini to get 148 fragments... So it is at least 74 x 15 seconds watching the limbo screen while entering or getting out... 18,5 minutes of great fun...

(And this suppose you don't be stuck with the message saying that the NP medium ini is overcrowed...)

Yes we can go out and hang with friends doing fun stuff instead !

And i really share what SheIsMyHeroin said truthly before... What if you are new player and just achieve level 100 ? What if for some bad or good reasons you have miss some or all previous years exchanges events ?

Peak level has a big flaw : you canno't achieve it without years of exchange events and intense grinding... It is a cul de sac for this game.

"En vérité la Présence était Rose et en forme de Licorne. Mais si puissante était-Elle, que je ne pus la contempler. Aussi, la nommons-nous la Licorne Invisible Rose ; sa présence est trop incommensurable pour que nos faibles yeux la voient et nos faibles esprits la conçoivent. C'est par notre foi que nous savons qu'Elle est Rose, et qu'Elle est une Licorne. Et vraiment ceux qui disent le contraire sont des hérétiques et des infidèles !"

• Well i have lot of old friends from this game. with most of them i keep contacting. I try many times to tempt them return to this game but immediately after they learn for Peak system and time it take .... they change topic about Runes of magic to something else ........ and im talking not only for F2P players. Even players who bought decent amouint of dias in past REFUSE to come back in curent game condition!!! just after 2 question "How many dias i can buy for 100 Euro" and "How many dias for peak orbs to peak 20" ..... After this Topic "Runes of Magic" beeng closed ....! Two friends i convinsed to return with idea about "There are some Events you can grind peak easy" .... but without regular proggres ..... Noone go farm houndreds of hours killing in Tos/Panth for few mil exp per hour!

Current announsed "Summer event" is not WORTH to do! For the time of farming Peak fregments can get more peak exp by just killing stuff = pointless and waste of time! Everything under 20 mill peak EXP per hour not worh!

So Dear Gameforge tean ......... Make correct Summer event with good peak exchanges/ farm or NOT DO IT AT ALL!

• Well i have lot of old friends from this game. with most of them i keep contacting. I try many times to tempt them return to this game but immediately after they learn for Peak system and time it take .... they change topic about Runes of magic to something else ........ and im talking not only for F2P players. Even players who bought decent amouint of dias in past REFUSE to come back in curent game condition!!! just after 2 question "How many dias i can buy for 100 Euro" and "How many dias for peak orbs to peak 20" ..... After this Topic "Runes of Magic" beeng closed ....! Two friends i convinsed to return with idea about "There are some Events you can grind peak easy" .... but without regular proggres ..... Noone go farm houndreds of hours killing in Tos/Panth for few mil exp per hour!

Current announsed "Summer event" is not WORTH to do! For the time of farming Peak fregments can get more peak exp by just killing stuff = pointless and waste of time! Everything under 20 mill peak EXP per hour not worh!

So Dear Gameforge tean ......... Make correct Summer event with good peak exchanges/ farm or NOT DO IT AT ALL!

Ya- what you said.

• Change fragment to the word Orb and suddenly it would be worth doing the grind. These fragments were such a letdown.

Aye. Another 3 weeks of essentially no help with peak leveling. The bosses in KS gives stuff that can only be used in the treasures instance, except for treasure chests. Yuck. Sathkur give a mp/hp buff potion that might be worth farming for people who run a lot of instances. I haven't run a instance since the peak level ceiling was raised. Too busy grinding and building gear.