Goblin mines boost event for peak

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • The training ground Peak boost event works great at giving extra peak XP during the current event. It should be easy to do the same with Goblin Mines for a week or two at a time. Certain restrictions would need to apply. The boost should require that the character run the event solo and be on a class combo that qualifies for peak (100/100). Otherwise it gives the same xp as normal, even on peak characters.

If the game mechanics allow, XP and TP buffs from runes, wings, guild buildings, and potions should be deactivated while in the instance. Furniture buffs, maybe or maybe not.

Edited once, last by Grumpdaddy: Additional conditions ().

• i believe it would need to be an instance , such as the fungus garden for them to be able to use it in the peak system .

i avoid the peak system like it was the plague , i have never used it and i do not plan on trying it .

to me it says , welcome to bot world all over it . from why are these guys standing around that hermit outside of logar , to , if experience gain was correct why would we need that kind of system in the first place .

im leaning more towards single player instances and systems .

i think we need a better system than the peak system . id like to see it replaced with something more ( new single player ) friendly .

• i believe it would need to be an instance , such as the fungus garden for them to be able to use it in the peak system .

so like gobline mine? ^^

to me it says , welcome to bot world all over it . from why are these guys standing around that hermit outside of logar , to , if experience gain was correct why would we need that kind of system in the first place .

to be fair... i know no possible way to use a bot to farm peak lvl. you have to do the quests which requieres to kill normal mode bosses in dungeons to earn peak exp... if a bot can do that, that bot could do anything (and there are waaaaaay more things that can be bottet that guarantee you more value that that).

that guys stand there cause they do every 2 hours that quest^^

i think we need a better system than the peak system . id like to see it replaced with something more ( new single player ) friendly .

i agree with that. the peak system is the main reason why people won't start rom or quit when they hit that huge wall to be able to do the highest dungeon. currently it's not that neccessary to be peak 20 cause you can hit up to 70% even with peak 10 but the higher the peak lvl rises, the bigger the wall gets a new player has to cross

• lol , no the goblin mines is not a dungeon instance it is a map , an instance would have a portal to enter it .

you must be pulling my leg .. lol , good one ainz : )

• lol , no the goblin mines is not a dungeon instance it is a map , an instance would have a portal to enter it .

you must be pulling my leg .. lol , good one ainz : )

ok, i try to stay as serious as i can... even when it's hard

your definition of an "Instance" is "you have to enter a portal to get in there"? really?

so... tasuq is a instance cause you enter through a portal from farsitan?
    enoch, chassizz, vortis and korris the same sice you can enter it through tasuq via portal?

and the opposite... mystical altar (that instance, that'll get a lvl 100 remake soon) isn't an instance, cause there's no portal?

Edited once, last by Ainz ().

• to explain it the best way i can:

an "normal" instance is a zone where you won't meet other guys execpt you're in the same party/raid (like NoM, NP, ToS, and even goblin mine, even it's labeled as "Event-Instance",...).

an world instance is a zone similar to an open world map (you enter without an party/raid and you'll possibly meet other guys) but mostly with way more elite and bosses (like storm high, nightmare of varanas or fungus garden).

but you're kinda right... in normal instances, it shout be possible to change the exp to peak exp... in world instances i'm not sure. you got the right idea but the wrong understanding of the game xD

• Lately I also had a thought which, atleast to me, sounded somewhat fun and challenging.

TL;DR: Dreamland, but hardmode, with increasing peak experience per wave

I'd love to see something like dreamland or I guess also like bunker reappear in a somewhat "hardmode", where you have to fight different waves of mobs and each wave gets harder and harder. The more waves you can complete, the more peak-experience you get and if it is done right (with waves designed to have a need for a group of people - e.g. mobs that debuff you just like the green mobs in NoM) I think this could be very fun, encouraging everyone to do them in groups as everyone profits from it so also semi-geared players aswell as healers and supporters can have a go who might not have the right gear to farm suntemple or tos allday long during an exp-event or people who do not have time to do several peak quests in Logar per day.

Nor would you need to speculate for when the next peak-event in bunker will be (even purchasing reset stones in advance due to the 3 stones per day limitation), sitting there, braindead pressing 1 button to get to 15 waves, reset an repeat..

The peak experience earned could aswell be in % of the current peak level instead of fixed exp per wave.

Could also restrict the entry to once per day with the possibility to reset it like bunker via the itemshop, making GF some real money.

Might aswell add a bosswave like every 5 to 10 waves who can drop something usefull, be it poms, peak fragments, another currency for a new NPC, literally anything..

• an instance would have a portal to enter it

Goblin Mines DOES have a portal. You have to talk to the NPC standing next to the auction house. He IS the portal. IF you are in a party in Gobs and leave the party, you get booted from the mine. Fireboot Fortress in Redhills has a portal, but it is clearly NOT an instance. If you are there in a party and then leave the party, it doesn't boot you out.

• another currency for a new NPC,

There is another currency, called stardust, but it hasn't been implemented in the whole time Peak has been around.

Personally, I wonder if Peak is Runewaker's attempt to kill RoM so they can fully focus on their server-based games that they publish themselves.

• When we make suggestions we need to strictly stick to the topic. Ignore posts that you don't find useful because in the end responses like facepalms stacked on top of reasons to facepalm is not helpful at all.

Now back to the OP, depending on the changes you suggest (given a gamedesigner decides they will use it), it's all a big matter of how it interferes with the current gameplay and the difficulty to make these changes.

The initial thought of gaining extra peak experience sounds like a good plan, but all the extras that come along with this overly complicate it, so that my wild guess is that it's not gonna happen.