auction house exploits

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • see that guy on us servers in the auction house selling cloth trash for 500 thousand a pop ? i gave him 100 million gold yesterday cause i want his trash outa our world .

i shelled out over 200 million gold in the last month cause im being blackmailed for my own freakin gear.

you get him out our auction house or ill shell out another 100 mill right now .

gold aint worth having if you get blackmailed everyday .

want to give him anoth 100 mil ? sound fair ? ill freakin do it then he can just have all the damned gold on the planet ...

then he can blackmail the rest of us with it .

gold is worthless with this guy around to use the auction house to grieve the games players .

watch me remove those crap 500 thousand gold each trash armor and gear . up yours guy . smiles . :evil:

• Osy has proven over time that he makes crap up just to see who will start an argument with him. Let it be. I had him blocked so i don't know why I am even seeing this. Gotta check my settings again.

• im not making it up grumpdaddy . and my login has never changed . im not a botter .

sounds like its grumpdaddy making stuff up . he sure is fast to say bad stuff about me . probably him .

get the exploiters out of our auction house . and dont trust grumpdaddy for sure .

hes pointing out stuff about my profile that does not exist . messed up files ?

soo grumpdaddy ... i see that we meet again...

go ahead load that auction house up some more ... see what happens . good luck .

• I still dont get any of your issues.

Like who cares about the auction house?

Its not like we have filters to get the results we need......

• I'd guess the "cloth trash" to which he refers, is stuff that makes a T5 mana stone - quite a useful thing, really.

I always go to where I can buy from the NPC, just to get it cheaper than the convenience of the Auction House.

Inferiority Complex - Original wearer of the Snow Combat Drum!

W/R/K, S/M/R, M/P/W, P/W/S since 2008 on Siochain // M/P/S & W/R/P on Osha

Everyone's name is better than mine! :(

• why would anyone make t5 mana stones for 500 thousand gold each when you can make better t6 mana stones out of level 100 gear cheaper ?

no im talking about magic purple cloaks and pants and stuff .

your not helping anyone . your just slowing me down preventing the games players from getting the gear from my time you wasted cleaning your trash out of the mart , and sorting out the mess .

they are putting the stuff on the mart just to grieve me and to make as much gold as possible instead of helping the players by not trying to jack them every second of every day .

you aint saints . your bandits . and you are causing problems and grieving the games players .

soon as i sell some cards ill buy it all out and trash it again ... stop exploiting our mart thank you very much , we got all that we can use .

• ...im talking about magic purple cloaks and pants and stuff .

So, if they're purple, they're actually useful items that could be used by folks levelling up and trying to get started in running instances?

They may be 'trash' to you, but not necessarily to everyone else.

Inferiority Complex - Original wearer of the Snow Combat Drum!

W/R/K, S/M/R, M/P/W, P/W/S since 2008 on Siochain // M/P/S & W/R/P on Osha

Everyone's name is better than mine! :(

• your not helping anyone . your just slowing me down preventing the games players from getting the gear from my time you wasted cleaning your trash out of the mart , and sorting out the mess .

Why don't you just ignore it like everyone else. It's not hurting anyone. If it is keeping you from finding stuff you are looking for, refine your search by level, item, etc. You're just being silly.

• I don't get oswayals problem.

What items does someone offer in the auction house?

Which category, level and quality do these have?

What items does oswayal no longer find?

And which category, level and quality do those have?

I know only one auction house exploit: If you offer 500 auctions of the same category, level, and quality and name, then you are effectively blocking that combination. But first all old offers need to disappear, and then those 500 offers are preventing all new offers to get visible ... for 3 days only.

Use a lot of chars to put in more than 500 offers for Link Rune for 999.999.999 Gold each, buy all Link Runes from the auction house, and then for the next 3 days nobody can sell a Link Rune in the auction house, unless someone gives you some gold caps. But and if someone reports you, you will very likely get banned, as this is a direct violation of term&conditions as you are blocking game functions for other players, and probably those gold caps are gone, too.

However, if someone tries to block the auction house with lots of garbage items, then he is only blocking out other garbage items of the same level and quality. You should use the right search settings for category, min-level and max-level and quality. If this does not help try to add a few letters to the search term. This can help you to see up to 500 items, which are relevant to you, but does not help in all cases. But for example, blocking purple quality items with green quality items is impossible.

As far as I know, using advanced auction house does not really help to avoid such a block, because advanced auction house also only does a regular search with category, min/max-level and name, which gives a result of up to 500 items. And out of these 500 items you can filter out the not interesting items with more advanced options, but you don't get to see more interesting items. So, you only get to see less crap, but you don't get to see more of the good stuff. However, in general advanced auction house makes exploring the auction house much faster and simpler.

For example, that 500 item limit was exploited for the diamond-gold auctions in the old days. And it always was a bit of a problem for the T-stone category, when you were looking for T-stones with stats, but someone offered too many (> 500) crap T-stones of the same tier. Also it was a bit of a problem for the monster-card category, which often had much more than those 500 items, because level and search terms do not really work there, and only quality can help you. However, there were often too many green cards. Advanced auction house does not help in any of those cases.

• The filters for stat names. Or $notowned for cards helps immensly to cut out crap items.

I never search tier stones as just tier stones.

For t6 its always in combination with the stat name.

But for normal items: i get that a littered auction house with crap items might be annoying. So narrow down your search accordingly. I dont search for items.

I search for leather level >90 and rarity epic. I doubt that there are even 500 items that fit that search. And if yes, i can search for the name.

For things like crafting runes yes. I agree. You could exploit that. Once. Then you are banned. If you exploit it again you are banned for good....

• The filters for stat names. Or $notowned for cards helps immensly to cut out crap items.

I never search tier stones as just tier stones.

For t6 its always in combination with the stat name.

All of this works only within the 500 items and filters out the unwanted stuff, but it does not display a single item beyond those 500.

But for normal items: i get that a littered auction house with crap items might be annoying. So narrow down your search accordingly. I dont search for items.

I search for leather level >90 and rarity epic. I doubt that there are even 500 items that fit that search. And if yes, i can search for the name.

For things like crafting runes yes. I agree. You could exploit that. Once. Then you are banned. If you exploit it again you are banned for good....

Exactly. For equipment stuff, this won't happen. Stackable items: maybe. T6 mana stones: maybe. Blue monster cards: Maybe. But "maybe" means getting banned.

That's why I don't see oswayals problem.

• creepy auction house exploiter guy just made 50 mil , i dont care how much gold it takes you are NOT going to subject our level 1 players to your 500 thousand gold level 1 gears and you can take those magic purple cloaks and stick it . live long and stick it . oh and i bought the rest of that crap out and destroyed it too ... your welcome .