Gameforge Client bug

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • A quick fix seeing you are still having this issue, would be to uninstall the Gameforge client (not your Runes of Magic client).

Then download the Gameforge client executable: https://gameforge.com/en-GB/download

When installing the client again, it will update and you should be good to go.

• gameforge client is a blue screen ,even if you have the installer it will get the same error , I tried rolling client back and clicking the installer without uninstalling , bad idea . it has to be able to connect to update .

steam servers run but with no services .

ive seen a LOT of certificate errors in the past week they all have one thing in common , the time stamps are all valid and the issuer cannot be found .

it looks targeted but likely authentication servers are down .

we require military assistance ? get with Microsoft find out why our valid certificates are being used as a weapon ? call the president seize the weapon, we are being attacked ?

the time has come to remove time stamped certificates from our internet before they are used against us .

• Seeker-

By the time you posted the problem was resolved. Gameforge needed to renew their certification, and they did so.

Nope - i still got that SSL error message ?(

again and again...

"uninstall/install the Gameforge client" - doesn't help also

"I'm guessing you are all in Europe" - yes, at least I am

Some of my friends also got that error

So - this problem will be resolved?

• central u.s. are you playing from the moon or some other celestial body where there are no certificate errors ?

odd because this is huge , even aeria is down , suggest you look at game forums , that is if you connect to any of them without the error .

• Perhaps a Windows update may fix it. I know you don't want to accept that the problem may be at your end, but I and everyone I know are playing without issue. There have been Window update issues in the past that have thrown the login for a loop.

• No problems with any accounts here and I have never had that error.

Looks like some issue with connecting to gameforge correctly. Try disabling your antivirus/firewall(windows included) and trying again? Very simple but I don't think anyone has said that yet.
    OP also said it happened out of nowhere, as with most people, suggesting a windows update happened effecting network settings or windows defender.

If the certificate itself was the actual problem wouldn't everyone have this problem right now? It's also not expired you can read it.

• @ grumpdaddy , lol .

no, windows update will not fix secuirity certificate errors when the issuer cannot be found .

i wouldnt start reloading and updating and reinstalling when thats just not the problem .

i could go check another machine but it wont be able to connect from this location either .

there is a security certificate error , the issuer cannot be found . unable to connect.

no av no firewall no windows defender , that is not it . the volume shadow copy is off too ...as well as user account control ... all OFF .

there is a security certificate error , the issuer cannot be found . unable to connect.

• Well, then, why do so many players get on without issues and a select group are having certificate errors? The certificate is valid when the rest of us log in.

• authentication servers . data bases . swiss cheese . badly damaged . hacked and or manipulated purposely .

a quirk . a small sample of what can happen if it is not fixed . it is a disaster waiting to happen .

this is a glimpse into the future of what will happen on a large scale if the problem is not dealt with .

we are very lucky to have a chance to fix this now . if it cascades ....

• Wow!!!

Try this- humor me:

1- Right click on the windows start icon in your task bar

2- Click on system

3- In the upper left hand corner int the box that says "Find a setting" type <Windows Update>

4- In the drop menu, the firswt thing that shows is "Check for Updates" click on that.

5- Even though my PC is set for automatic updates there are "Security updates" that don't happen on their own for some reason- do all the updates, reboot, and try again.

Humor me. Just so we can absolutely eliminate that as a possibility. While you are there, there will also be an opportunity to check whether your machine is Windows 11 compatible. Turns out my Core i5-6500 will have to be replaced. Not all Core i5's mind you. Just mine. How stupid is that?

• Here's a page of search results on fixing certificate errors.

https://www.google.com/search?…rors+in+internet+explorer

Now, I know it's all about fixing it in Internet Explorer, but given that the GameforgeLauncher is clearly using IE as its' engine, it makes sense to look at that for the fix.

Also, if nothing here works, at least they're worth trying - after all, most of us seem to be having no trouble at all...

Inferiority Complex - Original wearer of the Snow Combat Drum!

W/R/K, S/M/R, M/P/W, P/W/S since 2008 on Siochain // M/P/S & W/R/P on Osha

Everyone's name is better than mine! :(

• omg , I broke out an all in one hp with all possible updates ,and it works .

my bad .

now I need to fix my pc , I will start by uninstalling chrome . sandbox application is a good place to start.

perhaps I should not leave the hp in a box .... smiles

• Thank you Os. It's kind of like that saying that when everyone around you is crazy, maybe it's not them. When most of us are not having this issue, perhaps it can be at your end. But welcome back to the game. I'm confident your friends and guildies have missed you. I know a few of my RoM friends are missed.

• the hp had 131 updates the gigabyte pc had 18 . both windows 7 ultimate .

updating can be tricky if you run with everything off and all the settings have been adjusted .

here is what i did ...

set the security center to its default settings , set internet explorer to its default settings , restart the machine , open chrome make it the default browser set its settings to default and close it .

open internet explorer and set it to default browser, you should see the welcome screen for internet explorer 8 , 9 or 11 scroll down the page and select check for updates ,let it run it takes time to get going .

yes support is still running for this old os 131 updates is the number thou shall have and the number of the the updates shall be 131 .

thanks Grumpdaddy InferiorityC and Bakken for being soo right so right so right .