Economy in game

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • My last post made me think. While doing daily missions, I remembered why the economy is so high on servers. If 1 person can have 10 to 20 level 100 characters. Doing daily missions that give you 770k per character gives you almost 8k to 16kk, and it can be even more. If we multiply it by 20 such people, it is 320kk, and now for 1 year it is 117kkk. Of course, these are only daily missions.

This is my initial suggestion on what to do so that the economy in the game does not increase all the time

• This is my initial suggestion on what to do so that the economy in the game does not increase all the time

Actually, that's not a suggestion, merely an observation. How do you plan to resolve this? F2P games need people voluntarily spending real world cash on the in-game currency. The more characters you have, the more mounts you buy, along with a lot of other things.

• Think about this, compare :

A - time needed to level up one hundred characters up to level 100 and do daylies day after day, month after month, for a year

B - or go to work one month (169 hours - french rules) for a job at 1200 € (french wages) ...

A. Once you have leveled up your 100 characters (which is not as simple it could seem and surely longer you may think)

mathematics are relentless :

- 100 characters doing daylies a day at Kashaylan bottles : 50k gold / quest -> 500k / character / day -> 50kk / 100 characters /day

- 18 250kk (50kk X 365) gold a year doing daylies with 100 characters each day for a year...

- That is to say 26 071 diamonds a year (paying the diamond 700k)...

B. Working one month (169 hours) cashier at the supermarket 1 200 € (in France at least) that is to say :

- 12 x 4 500 diamonds (not even with special offer)

- That is to say 54 000 diamonds...

So in one month (169 hours of work) you can have as much as at least two or three years of boring efforts in farming gold with daylies (surely more than a thousand hours of farming) !

:S ;)

Building alts is more of an addiction than a rational economic behavior !

"En vérité la Présence était Rose et en forme de Licorne. Mais si puissante était-Elle, que je ne pus la contempler. Aussi, la nommons-nous la Licorne Invisible Rose ; sa présence est trop incommensurable pour que nos faibles yeux la voient et nos faibles esprits la conçoivent. C'est par notre foi que nous savons qu'Elle est Rose, et qu'Elle est une Licorne. Et vraiment ceux qui disent le contraire sont des hérétiques et des infidèles !"

• Interesting calculation, Ren. Here's how I do it-

My first year in the game (we were still using stone tools back then, I ran 8 pairs of toons on the newt food daily for the tokens. After a while I moved to higher dailies. When the Xaviera was launched, I began running that on level 50 toons as fast as I got them to that level. When the new server merged here in North America, I made sure I held on to one toon on each of 10 accounts. When I reached level 92, i started power leveling my daily alts. I also ran butterfiles in groups until 69, then moved them to AKoR for extinguish flames. I kept moving toons through zones and running butterflies on a new group. I keep leveling alts simply by the best group dailies I can find. Over the long holiday boost event, I ran 9 toons through quests to move them from Syrbal pass to level 92. I added them to the 81 I was already running, giving me 90 toons which I work in 9 groups of 10. I get 56.5 mill per day plus 9k tokens for wings, charges ,and puries. It takes an hour from the time I open the GF launch app until I finish. I have a new group of 9 in AKoR and a party of 12 doing butterflies, but not as often as the main.

I agree, it's an addiction. It keeps me in the game.

• Okay, first of all, this is not a free to play game. We can call a game such a game if everything that is available in it can be gained by playing. Of course, buying diamonds from other players does not count towards this. Just adding items is a typical pay to win game. If there were only skins, houses or other visual things available only in IS, then it would be a free to play game.

Another thing, in the previous comments, economy was confused with lack of playability. Creating dozens or hundreds of alts has absolutely no economy because the amount of gold that appears on the server is not spent in any way. When I started playing runes of magic, diamonds were 7k gold, now 700k. The policy of providing daily missions and large amounts of gold has failed at this point. I understand that creating new characters and reaching lvl 100 with them may be part of the game or hobby, but it cannot be the main plot of the game, it is not logical.

How to deal with this gold? There are very easy ways, first of all, deduct gold from all daily missions, because it is not used in any way. *censored*

The second way is to place an NPC with items for gold (those that would be profitable for players, not just packing them into the item shop), who would take him out of the game.

Edited once, last by Jinsoyun: Removed 3rd party mentioning ().

• You can play without spending a single euro. Everything that you HAVE to have can be obtained through one or another of the in-game currencies. plussing all the way to 30 is not needed. Tokens and mementos will get you good enough gear if you understand how to use them. Even permanent mounts can be earned during some festivals.

P.S. diamonds are only 300k on Ayvenas.

• Making the weapon itself on T13 means 9,800 recharges, i.e. with events and other things, at least 2 years based on 1 character. Adding EQ 17 parts for some t7-t8 and cleaned fusion stones where 1 stone is 4 days, i.e. another 408 days, we have to replace the equipment at least 4 times. So it's not a free game, but if you don't understand that, I won't be able to explain it any other way. And yet, the topic was not created because it is a p2w game because that is obvious. Only for the game economy and the rapidly increasing amount of gold, which is not eliminated in any way.

• What is one's definition of true 'free to play'?

Here is mine:

#1) Able to create account(s), download initial game, and acquire patches with no additional cost.

#2) Once in the game, able to acquire all things by oneself and play end game content...eventually.

Regarding this game, this does fit #1, but it does not fit #2. Why on #2? Because there is a shop which offers some items that are only able to be gotten via diamonds. Sure, one could trade enough gold with another player that has diamonds to gift the item. However, that still breaks the 'by oneself' definition part of #2. Now, can one play most aspects of this game as a true 'free to play' using my definition? Sure...it just takes more time than someone that pays/trades for items in the shop.

• I stopped spending diamonds on charges 7 years ago. I get 9,000 phirius tokens per day on my dailies. That's equivalent to 900 charges. 11 days to acquire that many charges. It is also equivalent to 23.6 purified fusion stones. I haven't spent diamonds on puries in 6 years. To be FREE, you have to commit to the time. To get OD hard mode gear, you can either patiently wait for it in the auction house, or actively run instances. The gear is free if you put in the time. You can also use the gear that is available from Phirius shells. 6 days of running dailies and Goblin Mines gets you enough shells for a piece of gear and still have tokens for a purie. On day seven, you can get 10 charges for your dailies. Over time, you can get stats from Phirius gear. The bag drop stats have gotten better over time and you can farm for those FREE as well. Will you be the top dps on the server, or even your guild? No. There will always be people spending thousands of dollars per year on this silly game and all they get for it, technically, is a bunch of properly aligned ones and zeros. You can still have fun.

To stay F2P, or even close to it, you have to work many, many hours at getting the things you need. As you said, "but if you don't understand that, I won't be able to explain it any other way." Of course it is p2w. Gameforge has to pay the electric utilities if they want to keep the servers running. Their office space, equipment, and staff are not free. As any non-subscription game ages, the publisher of that game has to deal with the fact that the number of players shrinks down to a less than ideal number. They have to find ways to monetize. It can be both free-to-play and pay-to-win. It started in RoM when they added refining gems up to +12.

I buy diamonds. Not very many, and sometimes I go 6 or 7 months without spending any real world currency. During those 6 months, I STILL HAVE FUN!! Don't sweat the realities that you cannot change. Just sharpen your daggers and go stab something.

• "I stopped spending diamonds on charges 7 years ago. I get 9,000 phirius tokens per day on my dailies. That's equivalent to 900 charges. 11 days to acquire that many charges. It is also equivalent to 23.6 purified fusion stones."

So, in your opinion, a game whose gameplay is based solely on farming alts is the best possible solution, right?

I agree with MODRUNE01. The second point was not met because there is no way to fully consume the game without spending money or spending a lot of time on additional characters. If this was possible for just one character, there would be no issue. However, people like you Grumpdaddy make this game solely about leading a horde of alts, nothing more.

• Speaking of which, the fact that I'm writing like this isn't really out of spite. Trying to convince yourself that you are right doesn't change anything here. I have many years of good memories from Runes of Magic and my only complaint is that I really wish the game was better. What I write is not just made-up stuff, but real problems that have been around for years. If in your opinion it is the highest quality and nothing should be changed, then fine, you can leave such an opinion in some threads with congratulations.

• Watch any of may recent videos at all, pretty much all of them show my backpack at one point and you'll see 0 diamonds in all of them.

It is 100% possible to be F2P and endgame. The goal for us is t8/9 gear and +24 rings/wep no higher.
    It is a lot of dias but if you are smart watching the auction house and know how to farm cards etc you might be surprised what you can get in a very short amount of time.

I'm not talking at all about alt abusing dailies but being smart and farming rare items/cards is the meta for gold per hour