Curious about the tomb of souls and pantheon instance designs

• One thing that made me both disappointed and curious was the design of these two instances. I already got my thoughts and theories about why Runewaker made them the way they are but is there an in-game/lore explanation about why the tomb of souls is an exact copy of the kawak tomb and the pantheon contains most of the demon lord lair map? I've tried finding threads about it on this forum but I couldn't find any all the way back to 2018. Surely this must have been one of the first things people noticed when the instances were released.

• From what I remember, it's spatial magic done by the bad guys of this chapter. Ever since Tasuq, it's been this way with areas looking like Dust Devil Canyon. Korris has some Ystra Highlands, Enoch has Northern Janost Forest, Vortis has Limo Desert, and Chassizz has Aotulia Volcano.

I believe this was also the reason why we couldn't enter at Mularan Barrage in Moorlands of Farsitan and had to take a portal instead.

Signature coming soon. Maybe.

Edited once, last by Lowen ().

• And

Or it was just convenient to recycle already existing layouts and designs, because it is less effort and is faster in development.

Apparently you didn't read or perhaps understand the initial post entirely.

Don't think that's the case here, Morima answered your question. The last few dungeons are clearly a copy-paste situation due to lack of effort from the team creating them. There is no lore or story behind it. If you had been playing alot over the years, you would see this more clear, end of story.

• And

Or it was just convenient to recycle already existing layouts and designs, because it is less effort and is faster in development.

Apparently you didn't read or perhaps understand the initial post entirely.

Don't think that's the case here, Morima answered your question. The last few dungeons are clearly a copy-paste situation due to lack of effort from the team creating them. There is no lore or story behind it. If you had been playing alot over the years, you would see this more clear, end of story.

I saw the content and could tell at a glance that most of 7.X stems from Runewaker's increased laziness and lack of creativity but that's beside the point, as I mentioned in the initial post. I was curious if they provided some sort of explanation and reasoning for the duplicated instance designs. Thus, Morima did not actually answer the question.

I couldn't find a whole lot of lore from 7.X anyway.

• I couldn't find a whole lot of lore from 7.X anyway.

Because there really isn't a lot of lore, as they were lazy or are just not putting any effort in it anymore as Bluesons00 said. From the moment where the mainquests with Morrok Wallinder stop it just stopped being a consistent lore and good story imo.

• First, tomb of souls is not an exact copy of kawak tomb. There are lot's of differences. The boss rooms have a different order, and many of them are actually reversed if you take a closer look.

Second, pantheon contains not only elements from demon lord lair, but also from zurhidon fortress.

Third, yes, there is the ingame explanation of spacial magic. There are even several quests where the npc talk to you and confirm, that a new zone contains elements (landscape, animals, people, ...) from another zone, which you have previously visited. In some of the quests they tell you, they have sent scouts into those old zones to check if parts are missing, but those scouts reported, that the zones are complete. They believe, that the spacial magic actually is teleporting stuff from the landscapes of those old zones to the new islands. However, it is teleported from another dimension, so our own dimension is not affected. I don't remember that the npcs tell the same again for the instances in particular. But the instances are located in the zones and, therefore, are also covered by that explanation.

Nevertheless, the comment from Morima wasn't that off topic. Einkaufswagen, you wrote, that you tried to find threads about the topic. Morima has very much summed up what those threads contained: Lot's of accusations that Runewalker is just too lazy to develop new stuff and instead recycles old stuff. From what I remember most players missed the story explanation, and the rest though it is a very lame excuse.

• There was an explanation in the story line- the bad guys were transporting whole regions using "spacial magic". It was clearly explained by the NPCs at the beginning of Tasuq. Some players don't read everything in the dialog boxes that pop up along the way, and would have missed the explanation. That does not mean no explanation exists.

• There was an explanation in the story line- the bad guys were transporting whole regions using "spacial magic". It was clearly explained by the NPCs at the beginning of Tasuq. Some players don't read everything in the dialog boxes that pop up along the way, and would have missed the explanation. That does not mean no explanation exists.

Yeah but I still think that it is a meager excuse to avoid developing new regions, models and layouts. It allows to just copy/paste old stuff, mix up the order of appearance of the bosses and ready is the new dungeon.

• What I don't like about that whole idea is that it only appears in very few quest. And those quests mainly conclude, that the did use spacial magic to teleport stuff from other dimensions. But what is completely missing is the "why"? Why are they doing such stuff? Why do they make so much effort for this? What do they get from it?

This is the basic question, and the reason why we even are visiting all those islands, and why all those islands exist. But little has been done about that. Most quest are just about how to deal with all the consequences from that spacial magic. And not why it was done in the first place.

I don't think that any explanations, good assumptions or even hints were given about that in any quest. But maybe I just have missed those.

• Imagine having at least 1 cinematic that actually explains lore like almost every other MMORPG

There's so many scenes that could be really cool. Full CG Sismond would be so awesome or when the dragons go super saiyan.
    That stuff is great for advertising

Sig.png
    RAScrn-Shot-20221104-165552.jpg
    Since Beta 2009-03-05
    Youtube

Edited once, last by Bakken ().