Champion as tank

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • Can someone advice me which class would be better as tank? And how stat eq for it?

Champion/Rouge

Champion/Mage

Champion/Warrior

Będę zamieszczał swoje opinie.

Podoba ci się moja opinia, sugestia? Daj like, żeby widzieli że pomysł ma poparcie. :thumbup:

• so Champion/Rouge and Champion/Priest

the question now is how to stat it?

Będę zamieszczał swoje opinie.

Podoba ci się moja opinia, sugestia? Daj like, żeby widzieli że pomysł ma poparcie. :thumbup:

• It seems that str/patk is primary, and if you intend to do serious tanking as primary function, then stam /patk. In shield form80% of strength becomes stamina, significantly increasing stamina and defense, but cutting down your patk, as tanks are supposed to aggro, not kill. If you go heavy on Stam, then disassembly mode turns 80% of stamina into strength, increasing damage and dps values.

• or just stat all str sta, and be a dps when you want.. or a tank when you want...

i buff to over 850k pa as a dps, or over 1.3 mil pdef as a tank... with just one click either way and a few different pots/buffs, and my stats are old.

and that is sustained numbers, not pre boss fight or any nonsense.

if you focus either way, numbers im sure could be higher.

champ is 100% cheapest character to build if you go that route.

i cant even count the number of times, dozens upon dozens.... i have been dps in a run... then the tank dies... and i hit shield mode... and tank the rest of the fight and we dont wipe?

that right there is more beneficial to a run than most other options.

that is the power of str sta statting lol.

You wont be the greatest tank or the greatest dps out there, but you will be the most versatile, and hero when you save the party lol.

just giving an example, not saying its the meta

IF THEY EVER FIX PEAK LVLS I MAY COME BACK JAB JAB

Cerburus 100S/100W/100WD/100M/100D/100R

Misguided 100/CH/100R/100W/100M/70WL/78P

Sober 100K/70W/60P

Started playing March 2009.

The UD/AFK King.

Edited once, last by FarmerTom ().

• Since you want to tank primarily I would recommend ch/p. Mostly because the ch/p buff is used in burn parties anyways so making that the tank is no big deal. To tank on any other champ combo is taking up a burn/buff slot the party isn't getting.

If you run mostly solo forget all that and go ch/r/m

Champs are by far the easiest characters to make, this is how I've personally statted all these years-
    From the pool of stats we need Str/Stam/Atk/Def/HP Just take the highest 6 of any combo you can make. Unless your going full DPS don't degrade a stat just to keep a 'pattern'.

Also as ch/p I used to have some swap healing gear statted with str/stam. Came in handy quite a few times.

• While both champions (ch/r & ch/p) are great tanks, the play style is completely different.

You notice this mostly when clearing mobs.

Any mob or boss you hit with rune pulse is instant aggro (with high damage hammer), but rune pulse has cast time and a small cooldown which make it not always useable when needed...

ch/r has a few xtra ranged attacks and the 50% xtra patt, aggroing runaway mobs is easy (mobs have lower pdef values)

Combined with Shadowstab it can do a lot of damage.

ch/r is awesome when your raid is not that strong

When a ch/r is geared for dps (str/patt) he can do some awesome damage while tanking a boss

ch/p with some healing gear (healing points) has in light pulse an awesome aoe that does damage and heals nearby party members, which also gives healing aggro!

Besides of that, the damage buff, cleansing, healing, immune, etc. what a ch/p can do is really awesome! 8)

If the raid is strong, then a ch/p shines!

But clearing mobs with a ch/p is slower compared to a ch/r or a k/m, but it does help if your healer is a d/wd and has placed his briar shield on you.., then you can probably solo a lot! 8)

cheap statting would be 1 sta/patt dawn, the rest str/sta, maybe a 2th sta/patt if you have trouble find the stats

If you dont want to do dps (with str/patt stats), then level up shieldform.

With a ch/p with al of those extra stamina bonusses you'll have a xtreme high hp & pdef and when needed a high mdef ;)