Itemshop can not be opened

• I was wrong about the Itemshop not opening anymore in my browser happens still

adding that this happened i my house and normal wont open i guess till client is closed

a7e7662a19444285a8d9ed213e036517.png

SoVvjsU.png

Edited once, last by Fifio: adding that this happened in my house ().

• From all I tested with my main, once it got opened in browser you must close the game and relog, and to me doesnt works as well.

Change zone sometimes works if you have an item shop "error" but with browser sadly no.

If continue doesnt works and you dont need to buy dias but only clam daily bonus I might suggest you to do it with another char in the same account of your main, cause daily bonus is in item shop account so you can claim from there.

ladyalyssa

w/m - m/w - k/m

If you can dream it, you can do it (W.Disney)
    "Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you arent." M. Thatcher

Semper Fidelis Midir <3

• Erm no I never wrote is a Pc issue, I wrote

SO I endup to the conclusion issue is in some single chars setting files from main game folder, my suppose is sometimes there is some code setting who makes some conflicts with database/item shop connections

means if is a code issue with setting need GF or RW to fix it, cause most likely there is a file who conflict with something but only when there are some variables who for me is impossible to found, i'm not a coder :P

So thats my conclusion, maybe I is wrong maybe not but could help to found a solution :)

Let me see if I can clarify my understanding of what you meant- On one PC you may have different game OR system settings or driver software than the other. As a result, one works better than the other. Since on the PC with the problem it is only one account, I would surmise that the setting issues are in the game interface area.

Does that sound fair?

• Must be security settings of internet explorer, anyway, why should i mess with my internet explorer if i dont use it, and why should i mess with my windows settings?

It is job of you guys to fix your game, if u cant fix, make site where we can log and buy items, this is funny and amateur...

Really? If the problem is actually a problem with your PC, GF should maybe send someone to your house to do the maintenance on your computer. Interesting concept, but not really useful. I found a configuration issue. Lady Alyssa finds it works on one PC but no tthe other, and concludes it is a problem with settings on her pc, but she doesn't know which settings. Everyone who can post about their SOLUTION will help GF and RW get it figured out.

No, actually i didnt say i have problem with my pc <snip>

- Sarkas

Main: Ralesius

class: s/r/w/k/m 100/100/100/100/70

alt: Ralence

class: wl/ch/r/m/w/p 100/100/100/100/100

guild: Dragonlords

• 10 chars, 8 had error at least 2 times this morning. 1 char even after 15 attempts to open refused to work. Shop is trash.

You say this, and yet I have NEVER had the item shop fail to open. Ever.

Wiki.png?version=4b4e55609c0a0a40661789aa561decddBludwyng [The RoM Wiki-Ferret]

Mithrandyr (Wd/D/S), Bludwyng (W/M), Elbehreth (M/D/S), Giblet (Wk/P/M), Grymjack (K/W), Donaldubh (R/S/P), & Reuxpierre (Ch/M/W), Malcontent (M/R/Wk), Bludborne (W/R), Wikiferret (P/M), Romwiki (M/D/Wd), Kerfuffle (C/M), & Carboncopy (P/Wk) on Ayvenas

Admin of The RoM Wiki at https://runesofmagic.fandom.com

Steam profile: Bludwyng

• This concerns most i know so you are very lucky to not have any issues with the shop, i need usually 5+ tries and some days i cant at all open it

SoVvjsU.png

• 2 days is row I got again browser + error and I need to buy stuff -.-

I cant start to use alts even for buy stuff uff X/

ladyalyssa

w/m - m/w - k/m

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you arent." M. Thatcher

Semper Fidelis Midir <3

• If you have a service subscription to something like Geeksqad, you can get help with it. Again- I had the problem, made sure ALL my drivers are up to date, and the problem vanished. I know this is frustrating for you and I wish I could log my mage in to wave his magic wand on all of your alts, but alas, it would be fore naught. I would encourage you again to go through your device manager and other system settings.

• I usually open the Itemshop multiple times (multiple Accounts) every day* to get the Daily thing.

As said before, about 2 weeks ago I started to have the problem with the browser, it started with about 50% of the clients opening the Shop in the browser and later it was about 80% so I had to restart my clients many times. I also can confirm that just logging out does not change the behaviour (i.e. if your shop works, it still works if you log in another account as long as you dont close the client and if it does not work, you can relog 5 times and it will still not work unless you restart the client).

Also, I have to RoM installations on my PC (one wihtout addons for Twinks). On the Main-Client, I never go the Browser-Problem.

I wanted to try to find out more about it today, but (un)fortunately the problem apparently vanished for me. There are no changes to my drivers, client, addons etc. that I remember, the itemshop just works now. Edit: I restarted my clients a few times. Only 1 of about 20 had the Browser-problem

*I stopped doing this a few days ago due to this problem.

Oh, and @ladyalyssa: Do you get the "Error" screen all the time, also if you reopen the shop?

I got the error screen in about 1-2% of the "shop-openings" and it always vanished when I closed the window and opened it again.

The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don’t.

Douglas Adams in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Edited once, last by Rynak ().

• Rynak there are 2 kinds of problem: 1. item shop show error message 2. item shop got opened as browser window.

I started to not care about first one "error screen" cause usually got fixed when I relog or change zone or if not I started to use alts for claim daily bonus;

my big problem is the second one cause when I need to buy dias and i got opened browser + error no way to fix it.

Even if relog or change zone, when it opens on browser and give error message it continue so rip use item shop.

Honestly is absurd that a game has so many issue on item shop to enforce ppl to not buy stuff or found another solution...

ladyalyssa

w/m - m/w - k/m

Semper Fidelis Midir <3

• Obviously, this negatively impacts Gameforge's profits. If the solution were straightforward, I am sure they would have taken care of it. It is my understanding that the same type of IS application is used in their other games, so they have experience with it. Seems weird that they have not narrowed it down. Windows is a complicated beast, though. I had the IS problem immediately after one of Microsoft's weekly updates, and because they do it every week, the problem on each and every player's computer may be a unique issue or set of issues. I am glad I solved mine by simply getting all my drivers up to date. Drivers come mostly from the hardware manufacturers, so it is not entirely MS's fault. Your issue may have nothing whatever to do with drivers. Who knows? I am sure GF is frustrated by it also, since it bites into their pockets.

• Oddly, starting this morning, clicking the Item Shop icon next to my mini-map now launches the Item Shop in an external browser instead of the internal one that it has always used before now. It did not fail, it worked perfectly, but I was a little surprised.

Mithrandyr (Wd/D/S), Bludwyng (W/M), Elbehreth (M/D/S), Giblet (Wk/P/M), Grymjack (K/W), Donaldubh (R/S/P), & Reuxpierre (Ch/M/W), Malcontent (M/R/Wk), Bludborne (W/R), Wikiferret (P/M), Romwiki (M/D/Wd), Kerfuffle (C/M), & Carboncopy (P/Wk) on Ayvenas

• Welcome to the club and we would not complain if it would work as intended...

Well, but it did work. I am just not sure why it called the external browser instead of using the in-game browser? What changed?

• Welcome to the club and we would not complain if it would work as intended...

Well, but it did work. I am just not sure why it called the external browser instead of using the in-game browser? What changed?

That's what we are trying to find out all the time. It usually works fine when it opens in the browser unless you close the browser too early (then you don't get your item).

Also, it just happens randomly. For some users half of the time, for others rarely etc. It sometimes starts to occur often on some clients and stops a few days later - or doesn't. And there were no patches anywhere near.

As far as I can tell (tested it a little bit while it was buggy on my client), the clicking the button / shortcut still calls ItemMallFrame:Show() but that then opens in the external webbrowser. It would be interesting if you could open anything in the ingame webbrowser while it's buggy but I wasn't able to test that yet.

The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don’t.

Douglas Adams in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

• I do not believe a browser Item shop is working as intended and it should not open there at all

Correct. It is not intended to open in full browser. My experience when it does is that I lose the item purchased. Maybe, as suggested, I just close it too early. That said, I haven't had a problem with it in a couple months. Right now mine opens as it should and functions well. Gameforge went to the internal browser-style IS because they use it in their other games successfully and they don't need RW to help them with it. Of course, with RoM, nothing is quite the same as other games.