Necropolis of Mirrors hard 15th Anniversary Event

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!

• So wondering why GF would reward people who can do NOM Hardmode while at least 75% of players cant even get in that ini.
    After this "Anniversary" people will be even more behind with stats or gear......i guess

• You want those 50.000.000 XP Spheres for free to finally reach 100/100 and unlock peak leveling again?

Following your arguments, this is what helps 75% of the community in terms of being able to enter the dungeon.

This surely won't backfire. #trust

• You want those 50.000.000 XP Spheres for free to finally reach 100/100 and unlock peak leveling again?

Following your arguments, this is what helps 75% of the community in terms of being able to enter the dungeon.

This surely won't backfire. #trust

Nop i dont want those....since even when reached that level without propper gear it still would be one big slaughter xD
    Als my little old guild cant run that ini anyways. It would be nice though to have some options getting those stats or items without that ini....

• Spoiler Alert: you don't need those Stats/Items to clear that ini. we cleared NoM HM with with 4 ppl and Pantheon gear (had not even the new weapon or talisman).

NoM doesn't require much dmg. you just have to play some easy events

Edited once, last by Ainz ().

• For most of the run I agree with Ainz but I've had a couple parties really struggle with dps on the last boss before enrage, hopefully recent changes help?
    Not very common on US server for ppl to have very decent weapons/accessories in comparison to EU

I SHOULD have something +30 I'm well well over 100 jewels but 25 is highest I've seen. Not joking none of my gear has even touched 26 once. There really needs to be a pity system with upgrading lol

Absolutely worth trying and pushing as a guild or even as a rando in groups(Like me) as you'll pretty much only get stopped at last if gear is bad and that'll probably be good incentive to then work on it if that happens

• Ainz - Most of those smaller guilds do NOT have anybody with Pantheon gear, let alone 4 people. They also most likely would have a heck of a hard time scrounging up the gold to purchase the items. If they can't afford the gear then no way will they be able to stat them.

I think many of us who have been here for over 10 years are oblivious to what it would take to "catch up" at this point. The game is no longer "friendly" to new players. Not sure if that is by design or just that those making decisions are "out of touch".

Case in point is the events. They continue to get more and more geared towards endgame or close to endgame players. If I understand this analversary event correctly, low level players will not have a shot at getting any poms because they won't be able to make 500 kills in Enoch, Vortis, Chaz.....

This is not the first event that excluded the low level players from the best prizes. One of the last ones did the same. Let the lower levels make 500 kills of bears and boars to get poms. They could make pulls and sell gear and stats to help them advance along.

Doesn't matter as far as I am concerned, I can go make the kills but won't because I'm burned out on all the decline in the game that I see.

But.... if somebody out there actually cares about keeping the new players who stop in to "check out" the game then perhaps some of these events should be viewed from the shoes of new players with low levels.

The rich get richer and the poor fall farther and farther behind. Just like it works in real life. Hmmmm... really thought we all opted to play games like this and others, played to escape the BS of the real world. Maybe that is just me.

Oh well....

Up to those who wield the "Staff of Change"

• I think many of us who have been here for over 10 years are oblivious to what it would take to "catch up" at this point. The game is no longer "friendly" to new players. Not sure if that is by design or just that those making decisions are "out of touch".

sorry, i really don't know what you're talking about. i started playing again with the release of sun temple (lvl 100) and i had literally nothing (new char, new acc, no items, no gold, no guild, no connections)

i leveled to 100 without spending any money. i geared up f2p and was one year later ready to do ToS (my guild wasn't that strong so i was looking for random partys).

till then i hadn't even that much alts (~10 i guess).

since then gf added many ways to catch up that i never had back then f.e. the aslan mini games (hunted manor and bunker).

even the peak level requirements were 3-4 years ago so absurdly high that we had to grind 6h a day to get peak 1-10 within 6 months.

many ppl hadn't done that and got their peak lvl for free. even now there are way enough ways to get that lvl.

we do NoM multiple times a day and our dps chars have sometimes t13+25 ToS weapons and way older gear.

and you really wanna tell me, it's impossible to catch up?! sorry to tell you but: it's not gf's fault if you can't get the full potential of your char/class

Case in point is the events. They continue to get more and more geared towards endgame or close to endgame players. If I understand this analversary event correctly, low level players will not have a shot at getting any poms because they won't be able to make 500 kills in Enoch, Vortis, Chaz.....

events should be for everyone but stuff that is needed by endgame players, often isn't needed by low lvl chars. so there are events for endgame, some for midgame and some for early game.

friendly reminder: YOU DON'T NEED EVERYTHING FROM EVERY EVENT

if you're not even pantheon ready, you really don't need the NoM stuff.

*sarcasm* maybe high end ppl should also complain about all events, that are designed for low and mid content like every other part of the birthday festival with a few exceptions that're for all ppl equally

This is not the first event that excluded the low level players from the best prizes. One of the last ones did the same. Let the lower levels make 500 kills of bears and boars to get poms. They could make pulls and sell gear and stats to help them advance along.

and there were many events (like the last 2-3) that haven't anything useful for endcontent players.

The rich get richer and the poor fall farther and farther behind. Just like it works in real life. Hmmmm... really thought we all opted to play games like this and others, played to escape the BS of the real world. Maybe that is just me.

Any player who wants to reach the endcontent of rom and isn't worse as a character played by a 2 line macro is capable of doing this.

to be fair: some ppl are really good and use the full potential of their chars. not everyone is capable to doing so and for those guys is also a pay to win mechanics in here to gain better gear faster. but gear alone isn't the way to go. if you can't play your char/class properly, even tons of money nor gf can't help you. otherwise the better the player, the easier and faster he'll reach the endcontent.

just play rom as every other game: climb the ladder to the top and don't cry that you have no elevator.

Edited once, last by Ainz ().

• Every time we get new features in game, extra features, dungeons, zones that need the highest level of experience, talent points, higher levels for skills, requirement of many players able to play or quest with each other, you will always find those that complains about it. 14 years ago i might have been one of them sadly, but Rustyx, Matronmalice and other friends, would calm me down, get better, help others as they have helped you etc. Sure i would love to have newer stats, gear, etc, but following a health incident in 2020 by an aneurism to the brain, 2 heart attacks while in there to fix it, dying twice, 3 months in intensive care till December 2020, i had a long way to go with rehabilitation after that. Now we are in 2024, still have movement issues, i had lost many friends from Covid and other health issues etc. But still alive and still in ROM every day doing crafting, pet crafting, mini games, Owenstein events, but i do instances i can do with my alts when i can and have fun. I hope soon to be ready and able to ask the people on the server if i could join them on high end runs to go see them, accompany them and finish them for the quests ;-) Being rich doesn't mean anything, as of now i am sitting through my alts with more that 23 billions gold and i gave people, friends, enemies about 15 billions gold in the last 3 years. They are great people in the game but never think they will ever give you anything for free either, as it takes a lot of runs to get all endgame gear and sets :-( Enjoy yourself, be nice to people, be polite, be willing to help them and others to do lower dungeons, quests etc.

• If you guild is too small or poorly equipped, look for a pickup group.

There are also lower level ini's that require completion on specific quests in order to attune. That means players lower than the level of those quests are "locked out". The quests in zones past Moorlands of Farsitan, and the ini's in those zones are "locked out". There's nothing new about lower level toons not getting into stuff.

• Maybe I did not explain my thoughts very clearly.

It is NOT about me.

It is NOT about returning players who had quit and then returned to the game with an understanding of how to play the game and advance quickly.

It IS however about brand new players who join the game with ZERO knowledge of how to play the game, how to make gold and how to catch up with the top of the line players. The players who learn of the game and say "I'll give it a try", only to start and ask questions that often people are too busy to answer. I wait a few minutes and wsp them asking "Did anybody answer your question yet"? Over 95% of the time they say "no". So I spend the next few hours explaining facets of the game, riding them around to show them things they will need or things that will help them advance. Then I give them stuff to start, craft them gear and tell them how to earn gold. I offer them the use of buff towers in my castle until they find a guild to join.

Rarely do I find a new player who just wants to "fool around" with the game. Almost all of them want to be an "end gamer" and hang with the best players in the game. They eventually join a guild and some actually stay but many tell me that their guild wasn't very helpful and quit playing. No names,

Excluding new players from earning poms is excluding them from pulling some gear or stats they could sell for a 100 million gold or more and really help them along the way.

So maybe I misunderstood players for the last 5 - 10 years who were saying things like:

"The game is dying"

"People keep leaving the game"

"We need mergers to get more players"

"Rom need to advertise the game in some new places to bring in new players"

Those are actual quotes that most of us have heard.

So if the issue of not enough players is no longer an issue then just disregard all I've said and the heck with new players and working to keep them in the game.

That's all. Have a good day :)

• Sadly when i started playing 14 years ago, even then people were saying the game had started dying etc. And every day since, the game has a lot of features, ways to play, everyone are in game doing what they want or enjoy. Back in the day i remember you could sell or buy diamonds for 8 diamonds per for a long time, then prices had been going up and up and up sadly. Gear prices also went up and everything else as well. Prices to purchase diamonds from the game with diamonds also had been going up and up and the less and less we got. They treat items for sales at 50% off, but said items have always been at 20% in IS for years, so those 50% sales are really 30% off in reality. The game had slow down with players moving along, their lives had change and their priorities or economical purchasing power. We are in a wold economic crisis for more than 5 years, people had lost their jobs, health, food increases around the world has been going up and up, cost of living etc. There always been issues in game and some had been resolved or corrected and others weren't sadly. The server merges for me was so that people that wanted to play this game would gather and work together more and for the game to still be here. For me i haven't found a game since Runes of Magic that had so many features, questing, crafting, gathering, helping others as long as they help themselves as well, having fun, troll and being trolled, i had made a lot of friends in game, a few enemies, some have passed away and moved to Valhalla and some had remained rotting on battlefields but it was all their choices that got them there in the end. Always remember this is a game!!!! only a game to have fun, evolved, get frustrated, get better Sun Bro!!! LOL I miss Rustyx!!!! GM's that had moved on or disappear, but that's life. I will be missing this game and community when it is gone sadly :-( .

• Sadly when i started playing 14 years ago, even then people were saying the game had started dying etc. And every day since, the game has a lot of features, ways to play, everyone are in game doing what they want or enjoy. Back in the day i remember you could sell or buy diamonds for 8 diamonds per for a long time, then prices had been going up and up and up sadly. Gear prices also went up and everything else as well. Prices to purchase diamonds from the game with diamonds also had been going up and up and the less and less we got. They treat items for sales at 50% off, but said items have always been at 20% in IS for years, so those 50% sales are really 30% off in reality. The game had slow down with players moving along, their lives had change and their priorities or economical purchasing power. We are in a wold economic crisis for more than 5 years, people had lost their jobs, health, food increases around the world has been going up and up, cost of living etc. There always been issues in game and some had been resolved or corrected and others weren't sadly. The server merges for me was so that people that wanted to play this game would gather and work together more and for the game to still be here. For me i haven't found a game since Runes of Magic that had so many features, questing, crafting, gathering, helping others as long as they help themselves as well, having fun, troll and being trolled, i had made a lot of friends in game, a few enemies, some have passed away and moved to Valhalla and some had remained rotting on battlefields but it was all their choices that got them there in the end. Always remember this is a game!!!! only a game to have fun, evolved, get frustrated, get better Sun Bro!!! LOL I miss Rustyx!!!! GM's that had moved on or disappear, but that's life. I will be missing this game and community when it is gone sadly :-( .

Some ppl are still around ;)

[This user speaks English on a near native level.]

[This user speaks German on a native level.]

[This user can curse in a variety of languages.]

In the beginning the Universe was created.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Trust me, I'm an engineer.....with epic skill and epic gear

• Some people will check out a game's forum before they start to play. When they see the doomsday messages they don't even start. Thanks, Jak, you have probably scared off two or three players already.