Frame Drops when moving mouse cursor

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • Hello, I've recently attempted to get back into playing the game, however am having some serious framerate issues with the game.

Whenever my cursor is present on screen, and moving, my framerate drastically dips. The longer the game is open, the more the framerate bounces. For example, as soon as the game boots, my frames will drop by 60-70 while the cursor is being moved, however, after about 20 minutes, the framerate will soon start to drop into the low 10's, and occasionally, the game will freeze for upto several seconds.

When idle, my framerate will sit between 110-120, until the mouse is moved, in which it will constantly dip below the 60-50s.

I've tried:

- Changing CPU Affinity

- Setting CPU Priority

- Modifying in-game settings

- Playing on different resolutions

- Different Mice

- Modifying mice pull rate

- Disabling unneeded startup services

CPU Usage does not exceed 20%, while memory never exceeded 1.6gb.

Specs:

- Ryzen 5 3600

- Nvidia 2080 Super

- 16gb ddr4 @ 3200hz

Game version 7.4.0.2965en

• I've heard guildies talk about the "Nvidia bug". I have always preferred Gforce, so I am not sure what it's about.

Also, at the highest resolution, the game seems to overload the video GPU. Try going to settings and choose the lowest settings to start. If that helps, slowly move them up a little at a time until it becomes a problem again.

• There are a few nvidia services that you can savely stop running to stop that error. Unfortunately I don't know the names of these by heart. They only need to get activated when nvidia has got a patch for you to install as the deactivation of those stops the nvidia control panel working properly.

I've had the same issue with one of my older graphics cards.

• from steam post ... ( he has logitec mouse )

found it , the 502 has known issues where the switches stick , hardware issue .

got the solution from wow forum in technical section . says hit it and it stops .. dont try that .

grab a screwdriver open it clean the switches .. wd40 and a tooth brush ? compressed air .

careful not to hurt it .maybe just a tooth brush and blow the dirt out gently ...

smiles .

• Open your services (hit the windows key and type in "service" if you don't know where to find it, windows will find it for you)

Hit the "N" key so it helps you scrolling to the services that start with N.

Deactivate the following services:

NVIDIA Display Container LS

NVIDIA FrameView SDK service

NVIDIA LocalSystem Container

Remember to enable them again, if you want to install an Nvidia patch delivered by your Nvidia control panel.

• I've tried with multiple mice after those, including very cheap ones, and none of them seemed to work sadly, tried cleaning these switches aswell, to no avail.

Tried this, helped my framerate out a little, but I am still experiencing frame spikes when my mouse is moved.

• I have this exact issue if my mouse polling rate is too high but you said you messed with that already.
    Out of curiosity how low did you go? 125?

• i had cursor issues as well. this fixed it for me:

- under "additional mouse settings", enable mouse trails

- set trail to lowest

apologies if this is something you've already tried. hope it works or you find the solution!

• Hadn't tried this, doesn't seem to change anything though.