add path

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • good evening, I looked at many guides regarding adding the rom path in the environment variables ... inside the rom folder there are two .exe: client.exe and runes of magic.exe ... I tried to insert the path in the variables in path but I have not solved anything. do you have any precise indication? I cannot start the game because it always gives me that option. thanks

• oh, you said steam .. lol , my bad . same thing you must use the steam launcher in order to run the game , this could be a problem if you are running xpsp2 or windows 7 , as they likely wont be able to verify the numbers sent to your email on older operating systems as of two weeks ago .

steam is starting to fail . strongly advise gameforge client as runes of magic still functions on older systems .

• good evening, I looked at many guides regarding adding the rom path in the environment variables ... inside the rom folder there are two .exe: client.exe and runes of magic.exe ... I tried to insert the path in the variables in path but I have not solved anything. do you have any precise indication? I cannot start the game because it always gives me that option. thanks

HowTo Fehler "Client.exe nicht gefunden" beheben

this guide is german - feel free to get in touch if you have translation problems

alternatively you can also install rom in a different path. The problem you describe occurs when the rom is installed in a folder that is used by the OS (e.g. c:/programs is used by windows... C:/xyz or another drive isn't ).

• HI,

I patch the game last night hoping to get in sw. But after the "repar" I couldn't get in. I kept getting the message "Windows can not find CLient.exe. This happened a few months back but got fixed. I rebooted my computer but still didn't work. I tried again this morning and still get the same message. Am I the only one who has this problem??

• gm falstan said this ...

Hi there,

For those of you who frequently encounter the Windows error message regarding the Client.exe, it seems that it can occur if the game was not installed in the "Programs" folder.

When this is the case, the path for the client.exe may not be found. So you have to add it manually.

For this, search in Google: Add path windows X (with your version of Windows) then add the Runes of Magic folder to the Path variables of your Windows.

This should solve your problem:)

b]Falstan[/b]

Game Master UK