Secondary class for Warlock?

• Hi, what in your opinion is the best secondary class for Warlock (other than Mage)? I want to focus mostly on PvE. Is Rogue a good secondary? As I said I am not going to play Mage.

• only wl/m is good for pve and wl/ch for pvp rest is trash

Oldass, Challenger

Vidar (ew)

Quit in december 2018, best decision of my life, now mostly played by friends.

RIP Isiltir and Agenor. Never forget.

• You will have a hard time getting into raids as a warlock/not mage. The only one that can do viable damage in PvE is Wl/Ch, and that is not a burst dps, can be useful somewhere like VoR, but a w/m in the same gear will probably do 2-3x its dps. I know you said you said you don't want to/aren't going to play mage, but I would recommend you take it as your third class at least. Can just get it to level 60/70 elites, and never touch it again.

If you did pick Warlock/Rogue, then I would say its reverse side is more viable in PvE. Wl/R is not a good dps and lacks the support buffs that a wl/m has. R/Wl can be played either as a magical dps (less viable) or a physical dps (recommended). It won't be as good as a r/m in a normal party setup but it can hit quite hard with dark damage buffs and debuffs.

Wl/R/M would be a nice selection of classes in fact. You can leech join runs without much gear on Wl/m, get some gear for your other combos and then you have the option to play both r/m and r/wl. Or to make magical gear for a warlock/ch dps.

• Thank you very much for the advice! What other class combos (not necessarily Warlock) are viable/popular for higher level PvE? I desperately want to avoid going Mage, but honestly, I'm down to play Wl/M, mostly for the warlock.

• Physical DPS is more common than magical dps for higher level pve. The most popular/useful combos I would say are :

S/R

S/Wd

R/M

W/Wd

W/S

Ch/R

For magical DPS you will basically only see W/M, and maybe rarely M/W. Other classes can do high damage but need quite a lot of support/buffer characters that endgame raids simply don't need nor want to bring.

e.g K/M, M/Wd

Almost all hardmode instances require buffer characters. Most often

- Warden/Scout (can also do some damage)

- Champion/Priest (can also tank)

- Knight/Priest (same as above, more a support char).

I like to think of classes in threes. Here are some combos I would recommend :

Wd/S/W (can get into runs as wd/s buffer, s/wd and s/w are both good dps, and wd/w is a good tank/dps)

R/M/S (r/m and s/r both use same gear, just different weps and are good dps classes).

If you wanted to go magical,

W/M/K (w/m, m/w and k/m are all viable)

For dwarf classes,

Ch/P/R

Wl/R/M

Wl/R/Ch

Edited once, last by aktl ().

• a w/m in the same gear will probably do 2-3x its dps

I'd like to add, W/M s not a DD, he deals nearly no damage himself in raids but is a very good supporter.

The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don’t.

Douglas Adams in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

• Novar

Closed the thread.