Where can I find Jess Hays, and Documents in darkness?

• I am having difficulty locating <Jess Hays> for "Ancient Secret Book" quest. I believe she may be below ground level (not sure), but can't locate any access way.

I'm also trying to find the <documents in darkness> at the Forsaken Abbey. I'm obviously missing something ... I've been all over, but can't find them.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks. :)

• Hello :)

Let's start with Jess Hays. If you cannot find him in Varanas Class Hall that means the Hall of Earth on your server is open. You have to wait until it is closed - and it usually closes during a server maintenance. Then, Jess Hays will appear and you will be able to talk to him and finish your quest. Don't worry, the quest doesn't block any further missions.

(Btw. it is good to visit Jess Hays every day when he is present and take usefull buffs from him - not for free of course, but it is still worth getting them).

Now let's head to Forsaken Abbey. When you defeat Ghoul Duke the entrance to another room will open. There will be zombie crawling around some pile of zombie trash - try to use the trash, kill the spawning zombies. There is also something to be checked at the left 'upper' corner of the room, if I remember correctly.

With kindly regards -

Vimma from Perun (yeah, it's Nawia now...)

• Thank you! Your advice is very much appreciated. :)

Now all I need to do is find the Ghoul Duke, lol.

Also, when the server is being serviced, I cannot access the game - is there another form of maintenance which doesn't shut down the connection?

Again, many thanks. :)

Edited once, last by GrannyKiwiWax: Adding extra text. ().

• Hello again :)

The Ghoul Duke will appear after you kill all three Necromages in the Abbey. And since you seem not to know where the boss is, I assume you are a fresh player and maybe a low level? Something about 20 - 25? In that case I strongly advise you to have some assist (some experienced player maybe?) when entering that instance - or you will surely die.

And I don't quite understand why you want to acces the game during server maintenance. First of all - it is impossible. Second - if you somehow manage to log into the game at that time, you risk that some bad things will happen to the game client, so better always wait until the official information that the maintenance is over, the servers are on and you can log in. This is a normal situation that during the server maintenance you cannot enter the game for some hours (sometimes some SOME hours :D ) Just be patient and go to watch sweet rat pictures on the internet :D

With regards -

Vimma from Perun (yeah, it's Nawia now...)

• Just in case, there are two dungeons in that area. One is non-instanced Bloody Gallery, the portal to it opens as you go down the first staircase.

And there's Forsaken Abbey instance. To access it don't go forward to BG but turn left instead and keep going down. You'll get to a room with two braziers or torches. The right one is lit, you need to click the left one to open the passage. And now you can do what Vimka said.

Also there's more than one quest and you might want to explore Silverspring zone to get them all before going to FA.

You can also use zone chat. Some bored or kind high level player might take you there for quests.

• Let's start with Jess Hays. If you cannot find him in Varanas Class Hall that means the Hall of Earth on your server is open. You have to wait until it is closed - and it usually closes during a server maintenance. Then, Jess Hays will appear and you will be able to talk to him and finish your quest.

This is why I became confused about maintenance lol. I don't attempt to enter the game during server maintenance.

I don't know what the Hall of Earth is, hence the misunderstanding. I have been trying for days now to find Jess Hays, to no avail. The Follow arrow leads me to a blank spot outside the Class Hall.

I am currently a Level 23 Mage / Level 18 Priest. I played the game to a much higher level many years ago, but have only just come back to it, and have forgotten many things. The game has also changed a bit in some small ways. I really do appreciate your contributions, thank you! ^^

• Wiki.png?version=4b4e55609c0a0a40661789aa561decddBludwyng [The RoM Wiki-Ferret]

Mithrandyr (Wd/D/S), Bludwyng (W/M), Elbehreth (M/D/S), Giblet (Wk/P/M), Grymjack (K/W), Donaldubh (R/S/P), & Reuxpierre (Ch/M/W), Malcontent (M/R/Wk), Bludborne (W/R), Wikiferret (P/M), Romwiki (M/D/Wd), Kerfuffle (C/M), & Carboncopy (P/Wk) on Ayvenas

Admin of The RoM Wiki at https://runesofmagic.fandom.com

Steam profile: Bludwyng