ROM 2.0

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • Do you know how many whales they're getting? Are you sure 1 pays for 1000 subs? wait what? we don't have subscriptions. Does 1 whale paying $2000 pay for 1000 players paying $100 each? $2000 vs $100,000?

Some people be spending waaaay more than 2000$ and what sub is 100$ dang!
    You've seen all the other massively profiting f2p games right? They don't make that much money on the 10-20$ cosmetics the average joe buys it's the crazy try hards that dump 10s if not 100s of thousands.
    Diablo Immortal is the best example of this insanity recently

You've made me do it-

Gameforge must've been there

• OMG ... are you serious? rom is not diablo.. diablo is massive name know by millions... rom is nothing compared to diablo... and I didn't say $100 per sub.. we don't have subs in rom!!

AGAIN... I'm not saying the business model can't work... if they were not stupid greedy and reasonable to some degree for what they're selling...

But working and being the best is not the same thing...

AND AGAIN... The question is, is it working? Are 20 whales a month buying up $4000 in jewels? Are they making $80,000 a month?

I don't know. Do you know? Because I don't see you giving me GF's financial records. You're just comparing games. That says nothing about ROM.

If they are making bank then AGAIN, I am wrong and they can ignore me. If I'm not wrong maybe they should listen.

• I swear the people with high post numbers seem to all just want to argue over my opinion. The one normal person with low post numbers totally agreed. I really think you guys just like to argue.

• I swear the people with high post numbers seem to all just want to argue over my opinion. The one normal person with low post numbers totally agreed. I really think you guys just like to argue.

Sir, this is a forum, It's for discussion.
    Not trying to just be argumentative was only discussing the way games market now. Not opinions but what these companies are actually doing, watch the video if you didn't.
    (Wish you would watch it, it's not about 1 specific game this is from professional marketers that work across the board)

My opinion is I would actually love most of your OP. The games prices are so screwed right now. BUT at the same time I'm very certain the whales +30ing/t15 everything is the only thing keeping the game alive so I'm very torn.
    In multiple posts I say I agree with you, conversation is not arguing.

Sig.png
    RAScrn-Shot-20221104-165552.jpg
    Since Beta 2009-03-05
    Youtube

Edited once, last by Bakken ().

• You're fairly certain but don't know for sure. Why so certain? Why not just say it's possible? I admit it's possible. People talking like they're so sure of stuff that's almost impossible to know for sure unless they work for the company. Even if you know a few people and hear of a few that have spent lots that's not enough to be certain of any regular purchasing habits month after month.

I think, I'm not sure, but my humble opinion is that the people doing +30 and t15 items are mostly just people buying dias off the few dias sellers they can find. Or they trade rare items for dias off the few sellers.

And I don't think there's a ton of people gearing that high on a monthly basis. Mostly because, if you're not buying those jewels with gold from dias sellers, it's not worth spending the real cash to get them. Plus word gets around when people gear stuff up like crazy and there's not much going around.

Plus you're comparing apples to oranges when you bring up other games. There's so many differences. I feel it's just a cheap shot. Like it's the only argument that can be made because it's so vague. But I think it has little weight because it's so vague and different.

I'm not wasting my time on videos about other games. I feel you're grasping at straws. Trying to find some argument. It's like you guys have some instinct to defend the game and kiss butt or something. If you want to explain with words your point I'll listen but common don't compare diablo with rom.

I just get the feeling some people who post a lot have agendas or some issue. And some probably don't like me. So I hope the rest keep that in mind when reading their responses. Maybe less so you Draken but the others perhaps.