ROM 2.0

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • since they can't really remove all the daily farmed gold maybe it's time for rom 2.0... this way people don't lose what they bought but we can start fresh... make it so all toons starts with max level and max tp or 10x all xp/tp and allow all class sides for free... have vendors sell best gear for almost nothing... so OD and stats easy/free to get... remove all binding... have holy pet eggs drop with max level often... all bags and bank pages open free... 10 free chests each... lower chest prices to $2 each.. $50 get you full set you're wearing max plussed guaranteed... $20 to tier 10... limit tiering to 10 on gear.. $20 for tier 15 weapon.. 15 max... no transport or marking ink needed... 1 free mount per toon.. always free MW... blue and purple MW mats drop often... housemaids 50k each... add unique one of a kind drops and skins... average 5 per day so about 2000 per year... give prizes for pvp... add random generated mobs to some instances... add more pvp games with rewards... have npc rewards for mini pvp games... like capture the flag and stuff those were fun as hell... balance toons for pvp aka nerf wl speed... really push pvp as main feature and endgame... reward best pvpers like top golf players... top 100 best in most games, best in each game, best in solo, best in group... make all non combat buffs last 24 hours.. every pot and skill that last 120 seconds or more now lasts 24 hours.. all items stack at 999... every mob kill automatically adds monster card to your collections... rune slots are free... X runes drop off lvl 100 mobs.. no charges required to use transmutor so it's just used to stat gear almost.. destiny ring free from guild castle npc... ISS gear sets sold by npcs for cheap... PVP gear sets also sold cheap... make the game about leveling and building toon quick in 3 days then pvp day and night... right now it takes 3 months to get to endgame and pvp... many quit before that.. imagine getting 100 new pvp'ers every 3 days... even if 20 get hooked on pvp that's 200 new pvp'ers per month... pvp is such a big system that's not being used... people play league of legends and aoe and starcraft for real pvp challenges... rom has it but when you can run instances for gold vs pvp for zero rewards who will pvp... if ever there's not much left to lose and it's time to try something new.. maybe give my rom 2.0 a try.. oh ya also reduce housemaid chats needed... siege badges for siege skills... make pets not killable... remove elite training needed... maybe actually make all gear bound and not have bind lifters at all.. so once the $90 for a set of gear is spent it's not gifted to friend after friend for years

Edited 3 times, last by Domalash ().

• no.

i learned that from laura croft.

i want a pony . ... and an evil headband .

the game is not under development .

i dont care how much gold they have or not . cap it out it doesnt matter .

i want all gear unbound .

do anything to pvp and red wizards will kill every last one of the games not so real players on all servers and all of the real players too .

nice post but we got all that we can use . make your own world someplace away from us . the game has f2p players and rom has its own thing going on .

in case you havent noticed runes of magic is an awesome world .

some of your ideas are good ... 4 rune slots i like it but the game uses specs .

and you gots to pay for that cause they have to make money .

change something like the upgrade system and the toons never recover .

they will wear tear 4 and 5 gear forever because they only get 1 chance to ever make gear .

its an online game . its sensitive . any change is insane .

you are free to play .

• What? Really? The point of the game is not to be at endgame. If you start at endgame level, what's the point of playing? There's so much more than just running dungeons in this game.

Also, if Gameforge makes all the items you mention free, they won't have enough income to keep the servers running, let alone pay for staff, office space, heating and lighting, etc. Then it would be bye-bye ROM.

• I think endgame could be the best part. The point of game is different for everyone of course. Some people might like the endless questing and stop playing at max level. But it's the ones who gear up strong toons at the end who spend lots of money on gear I think.

If people don't reach the end it's less likely they'll spend much money on the game I think. And the current players who've been at the end for years just get fewer and fewer.

I agree there's more than dungeons. But crafting and mini games are probably not huge attractions. I think PVP could be but there's no incentive like PVE in my opinion.

As for income, lets not pretend like we have any clue what they would lose and what they would gain. I'm just suggesting they figure out what they need to make per person and add a reasonable markup. Then remove most of the gambling. People find out quick from others that the cost to gear up is crazy and the gambling is crazy. I think they would benefit huge from changing that perception.

They have a great product that people want to buy. They don't need to force people to gamble. McDonalds doesn't say buy a happy meal it might have a hamburger in it or it might not. It's a bad business model. 95% of business is repeat business. Anyone you force to gamble and that loses is less likely to become a regular customer. With so many class combinations possible people might gear up many toons if they don't get burned half the time.

Maybe they absolutely need $10 from the 100 new players a month that buy a transportation bundle when first starting. But if it's only 5% of the money they need then why keep that road block? Why not let people progress and get invested into their characters. If they can progress to the end and then know the final cost is $50 to $90 to gear up fully then they might make 500x $70 average a month just off new players and maybe 200 x $70 off existing players making new toons. That's about 50k a month!

Of course, I'm just guessing but the point is they have data and can make estimates. They can look at their business model and recognize the flaws. Look at their pricing and purchase history. Ask themselves if they'd pay so much for just a chance at plussing their gear. And what they would do if they lost 10000 dias going from +28 to +28. Would you ragequit? Uninstall? Scream in world?

Plus they have other issues like crazy amounts of gold in game from gold farming dailies with alts. But some bought gold with diamonds so they can't just remove all the gold in the game. But they could make a new version of the game. A version where it's fast to make a new toon and under $100 to get a max geared toon. It's a little more than a triple A game but it's super reasonable compared to current prices. PLUS they could allow each account who bought 5000 diamonds or more in the last 5 years, a full, 1 toon, free upgrade package. So they keep all their existing players happy. Or offer then a huge discount. But that's just one of many possible solutions I'm sure.

Right now it's like $5000 to $10,000 to match top level players. Of course they didn't pay that much money. They just bought diamonds off many players. So now pvp is so imbalanced with a handful of OP players against all the normal players who maybe spent $500 at most on the game.

Again, it's just an idea. I know it's very unlikely. But if they're ever at the end of the road and got not much left to lose. And if these changes only cost a small money and time investment. It might be a gamble well worth the risk with a huge potential payoff.

• But it's the ones who gear up strong toons at the end who spend lots of money on gear I think.

Yet you say you want them to give away all the stuff it takes to build that gear, including the gear itself.

• if u give everything for pretty much nothing, then where are they going to make their money? I think ifs a fairly bold claim to assume that they would be making more money, my estimation is that they make far, far more from gambling stones/gashas than they ever would from a more customer-friendly approach. Sure u will quit for half a year, but from a pure money aspect i dont see it be any close. Also give everyone an endgame set and ppl are gonna need new content, handicap them massively and there is 'no need' for new content since ppl havent finished current content yet.

This is exactly why they dont use a subscription model, they would have to justify the fee with new updates, while like this they dont.

By now its very clear they dont care about players, and just want to screw them over for as much money as possible, and they found they best way to do it.

P.s. there are plenty of certain 'servers' that offer exactly what you are looking for. Wouldnt recommend them tho since most are corrupt af, and eventually also figure out they can make good money from roms decent core game

• I'm not saying charge nothing for everything. They can still make $90 per toon geared!! Maybe it's $137 who knows exact price. But not $5000 in gambling that very few, if any, ever actually spend.

I'm sure they can estimate the average number of players trying the game every month and how many would gear up their toon. Then figure our a reasonable price to cover costs and profit.

But also consider all the old players who might return because of such huge changes to the game.

• some fool just released pk scrolls in lineage2 ... nightmare world ... i um havent looked at it .. and im not going to .

pk scrolls ? is that what you want for not your world ?

its not your world . how long have you been here ?

hi i made at least one forum post and i feel im ready to dictate all the things you should change to make me happy while i experiment with killing the rest of your player base .

we have been here since frogster . go play lineage2 and see the result of what we are not going to do .

you are free to play . ( aeria slogan ) again .

• I'm not saying charge nothing for everything. They can still make $90 per toon geared!! Maybe it's $137 who knows exact price.

And that $90 will cover how much time before it's gone? 10 minutes per toon? 12? Then GF isn't getting anything more from the player. How many $90 toons do we have to create to keep the game running. You're operating on some kind of fuzzy math.

• Again we can't even begin to imagine the prices. It could actually be much cheaper like $50 total per toon. We don't know and can't guess. But they could charge up to $90 each and it would still look at least reasonable imo.

The point is to understand that people already make and gear alts because there's so many combination they can try. They would obviously make even more if it was more reasonable. So I think you're wrong. I do not think they wouldn't get anything more from the player as you say.

Of course, players may only need about 4 or 5 sets of gear at most, but they could also charge $50 per class expansion ticket. That's still reasonable and not $4000 for one toon. Plus there is different races that require different toons and gear sets.

But perhaps the most important point to understand is that more new players will end up gearing up toons and more old players will return to the game.

They know how many new players try the game every month and how many gear up. They know their turnover rate. They have that data. They know how many have left the game. They can estimate how much they will make and be very conservative.

If it ends up the same price or more because they took so much out then I'm wrong. But if they do the math and see huge potential then maybe I'm right.

Maybe they've recovered their investment a year ago but maybe it's no longer making a profit because of their horrible business model. Maybe they can afford to try something new now with the game. Maybe they have little to lose at this point.

Maybe they just replace jewels with 1 to 30 perfects and lower the price to 500 dias each. So $100 in dias gets you 4 pcs at least to +30 guaranteed. So $300 at least you can +30 a whole set. Not $4000!!!!

Maybe they add some backpack and bank page rewards to events. They do have the cendril event rewards I applaud that. They had the tp orbs and the XX chests the first time was great but nerfed it.

Maybe bring back 500% xp and 200% dias sales maybe. So maybe it's $150 to gear a toon on sale. That's reasonable. Still expensive. But not out of this world.

Anyways, the point is to give them ideas and feedback. This is my feedback and suggestions. I see people quitting. I know I'm not buying +30 jewels. I doubt many are buying them.

I have a very strong suspicion that their player numbers and profits are way down and will continue to fall. I'm more concerned of them doing nothing than trying an obviously much more customer friendly business model.

Both ways may fail in the end. All I can do is make suggestions that seem logical to me. Hope they do some math and realize there's a good chance to save the game. If not now then if ever the time comes.

If you anyone wants to caution them against my suggestions be my guest. But it would be nice to know if you're really happy with their business model or just tolerate it. It would be nice to know if you spent tons of money or not on the game.

I can understand just having an opinion based on your gut but if you have some logic that would be nice to know.

Edited once, last by Domalash ().

• My logic is based on the reality that the servers being used to support the game aren't simple PCs. They cost thousands of dollars each to buy and hundreds of dollars per month just to pay for the electricity. You are working with an unrealistic understanding of what's involved.

• They know how many new players try the game every month and how many gear up. They know their turnover rate. They have that data. They know how many have left the game. They can estimate how much they will make and be very conservative.

Exactly this, spot on.

They know the data and decided to go the gambling route. Meaning their current strategy is (almost) certainly more profitable than what you are proposing. They know their data, while u pull some numbers out of ur behind.

• They know their data, while u pull some numbers out of ur behind.

Don't be too mean to Doma. I don't think he has taken the time to consider what it takes to operate an MMO.

Consider just the amount of processor space. Every logged in character requires a specific amount of dedicated CPU AND GPU processor space. Every NPC that interacts with the player. Every passive NPC that moves, like every individual Varanas guard or alliance warrior. Every mob. Even the little beetles, rabbits and squirrels that roam around in the game for "ambiance". Each of those requires dedicated processor space. Every time you enter an instance, it has to request and tie up a specific amount of CPU and GPU space. Every time you enter your house, that's another active instance. Every guild castle is an instance. That's a massive amount of processing power.

There was an article in the Buffalo, NY newspaper a year or so back about the county trying to come up with legislation to stop any more bitcoin mining operations because the largest one in the county was using about $800 a month in electricity while the local electric companies are trying to encourage conserving electricity. How much more power is involved in running a server.

Then there's the amount of bandwidth to upload and download every single movement of everything that moves. Also the static graphics are pretty intense.

Add in physical property, personel, and the contract cost to Runewaker(not that they are earning it, but GF is nevertheless obligated to pay them).

I think Doma just needs to step back, rethink his position, and say, "Oh, yeah. I hadn't thought about it like that." There's no shame in doing that. Continuing to act like a stubborn mule by not admitting the weakness of his argument is embarrassing for me to watch. I can't imagine how embarrassing it is for Doma.

• There's a reason every game is going the gamba route these days.

Elden Ring sold more than double the copies of Fifa but Fifa makes like 5-10x more money.

I obviously prefer no DLC/MTX/Gamba/cash shop but it clearly works and profits like mad.

• I build complex dynamic database driven websites. I think I have a pretty good idea how their servers work. I don't pretend to know their costs exactly but I know it's a lot.

Just because they're using a gambling system doesn't mean it was the best choice or needed. Just because other games are using it doesn't make it the best system. Maybe if they look into it they'll realize it was actually a bad choice knowing what they know now.

DLC and cosmetic MTXs are much different and they could still have those if they grow the player base to make those worth producing for a large market.

I'd also argue many more successful games are not using a gambling a system and only using DLC and/or cosmetic MTXs systems to avoid the p2w tag.

I think a gambling system is crazy and thought up by people with little business sense. They don't think of it's effects long term. The effect on players and their game's reputation.

I'm not saying the gambling system can't work for awhile. And I don't know what gambling is in Fifa. But it's also more about reasonable pricing. They can keep the gambling if it's limited and reasonable. Does it cost $4000 to gear a soccer player to compete? Are you comparing apples to oranges?

Combined, the gambling and insane prices are a recipe for disaster I think.

Again my opinion and suggestions. That's the purpose of this section. We don't have to agree.

• I'm not saying the gambling system can't work for awhile. And I don't know what gambling is in Fifa. But it's also more about reasonable pricing. They can keep the gambling if it's limited and reasonable. Does it cost $4000 to gear a soccer player to compete? Are you comparing apples to oranges?

you can pay thousands of € if you want an perfect team in fifa in an instant (some popular streamers did this - trymax spend 20k in fifa 23 xD source: https://www.ingame.de/news/str…-ea-hamburg-91852732.html )

same in RoM. you don't have to spend thousands of € if you have enough patience. with some alts you can almost play f2p (some stuff makes sense to buy f.e. permanent bagpack and so on).

if you spend your money in rom with responsibly you can get some good gear for ~100€ with which you can run everything except pantheon without any problems (you don't need everything +30... not even +16).

However, I agree with you when it comes to attracting new players. i think that most new players don't quit because of the € prizes.

i think it's more a reason for new players not to put any money into this game if they notice that hardly any guilds are still active. (why start a dead game).

In my opinion, gf should do everything possible to ensure that a) new content comes and b) the new content is then easily accessible (i don't talk about equip which can easy can be bought). many people quit because they e.g. missed one of the big peak-exp events and haven't gotten over peak-15 since then and can't run pantheon hm. these players don't build new equipment and will quit sooner or later, which ensures that their guilds lose strong players and therefore may not run pantheon in general. a new player who sees this won't put money into the game and will quit right away which is a great loss for GF

• i think comparing fifa to rom is not a fair comparison... and one person spending 20k doesn't mean it's common..

but if people are buying up +30 jewels left and right... if they're making bank sure I'm wrong... HOWEVER.. if it's not working or if it ever stops working then maybe it's time to consider why and what they can do different...

and of course people don't have to spend anything in rom but then GF makes nothing.. zero!! some do just spend $100... and maybe they're not happy with what they get for that money and don't spend any more... they can't compete against others in pvp for $100 that's for sure... and they're not a huge help in pve either...

yes they can grind and eventually be good for free.. but then GF makes nothing... they're busy grinding and not gearing up new toons for more $100... the idea should be to sell that grind replacement for a reasonable price...

it shouldn't be do i grind/farm for 9 months to make $2000 in dias free or spend $2000 on a game... it should be do i farm for 9 months or spend $150... maybe even $300.. but not $2000... not $4000.. like common...

combine the crazy prices with the gambling... it's mind blowing to me.. it's beyond dumb.. I know many others feel the same... like hundreds of people for sure...

but it seems like only the people who reply are those who want to argue.. that don't make you right in my opinion.. i hate that it makes me look wrong.. and that I have to consider if i'm wrong.. but it's just so beyond reasonable... $4000... it's like for the love of god doesn't anyone else think that's crazy?

nothing you guys have said makes any sense.. comparing rom to fifa.. really.. saying you can play for free.. you can but how many do.. how many grind for 9 months and then stick around for years to play at high level pvp or end game pve... a handful that's how many....

but fix prices and removing gambling.. now we have 100 new players ready to go in a month.. every month.. maybe more maybe less but it's not a handful...

how can you argue.. i think you just want to argue

• since i startet my actual char (~5 years ago) i spend a lot of money here. but not the amount you mentioned. more about ~1k. and now i have many chars and many equips to use. f.e. an t16+30 weapon and t11/12 +20-30 equip for my warmage. for me farming is part of rom (even if it's like a kind of endless grind).

And even if I hadn't spent this amount, I would very likely be where I am now, except that I wouldn't have equipped 3 chars with 2-3 equips, but just one. how i said... spend your money careful and you can get a lot out of it :)

I agree with many of your points (gamling is worst, many prices are too high, endcontent should be easily accesible,...). however, 80€/alt is utopian, and I don't know of any game where that works

• And none of you are saying how much you have spent or will spend. How geared are you guys? Maybe you don't want people catching up for $150?

And I'm not even saying +30 all your gear. Just getting +28 rings and weapon can cost more than my rent from the stories I hear and the prices I see.

Add gear tiering, runes, weapon tiering. A decent toon is probably $1000 to $2000 easy. A really good toon is like $4000 to $5000!!

And some of you may not pvp and don't realize the difference gear makes. And some of you might pvp and want to keep your advantage.

Some may just pve low level stuff and that's cool. But I think to keep many players they would want the end game content and top end pvp. If they can't get that for a reasonable price they'll just move on. That's just logical.

So I hope everyone reading keeps people's agendas in mind. I just want a reasonable price so I can finish my gear for reasonable price and not spend 9 months of my time farming. I also want more players to reach end game so we can have full sieges. Others just want pve and that's cool too.

My guild can't even siege anymore because of a lack of geared players. Other guilds have merged so there's only a few strong guilds and a few weak ones. Not much in between.

I have spent a few hundred 3 or 4 times over the years on the game. And I farmed a ton. But the last few hundred got me so little compared to the other years... a +24 weapon and +21 gear.. yippy... I still had to farm for 20k dias at least for tiering and everything else... So that's all they're getting from me. Period.

They have a product I just can't afford. I think many are like me. But I think what I'm willing to spend should give me their full product. It doesn't. Not even close. They might squeeze $28 out of me once a year. They're not getting $4000 ever. If they're getting enough spending that I'd be shocked. Stranger things have happened. These auctions seem to be sucking some people in. Maybe that will save them.

Just another horrible tactic imo. Frustrating when you miss them. When it's the only way to buy something. Just another way to make your customers mad. Who thinks making their customer mad is a good idea. That it works more than a fair price. Maybe I'm the only stubborn one and everyone else is just dishing out their cash.

I could be wrong. They might be geniuses.

(yes you beat me to it Ainz gratz lol)

Edited once, last by Domalash ().

• And none of you are saying how much you have spent or will spend. How geared are you guys?

since i startet my actual char (~5 years ago) i spend a lot of money here. but not the amount you mentioned. more about ~1k. and now i have many chars and many equips to use. f.e. an t16+30 weapon and t11/12 +20-30 equip for my warmage. for me farming is part of rom (even if it's like a kind of endless grind).

And even if I hadn't spent this amount, I would very likely be where I am now, except that I wouldn't have equipped 3 chars with 2-3 equips, but just one. how i said... spend your money careful and you can get a lot out of it :)

I agree with many of your points (gamling is worst, many prices are too high, endcontent should be easily accesible,...). however, 80€/alt is utopian, and I don't know of any game where that works

:)