peak xp killing mutli-class system?

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • Misunderstood, the text below is not true. :)

Which is good.

I think it was always the most attractive part of RoM: you can play very different way on the same toon by swapping to the secondary class. Sure, getting TP and gear takes a bit of effort but it is manageable. And you could initially save on second set of gear by playing e.g. two leather classes.

With the absolutely crazy peak XP requirements, I guess what will happen is that no one will have two viable main classes. After months of peaking Wd, you can swap a sub and play Wd/S or Wd/W but you will not be able to play with a different main class. You can put the knowledge about S/ and W/ to rest, you can put their gear to a trash bin.

I think this will kill a big part of fun, a big part of why people still play RoM...

PS: And no one will have patience to correct mistakes. Hard to say how pvp will play out, but for the new inis there is a fair chance that (with higher levels of characters and bosses but not changed level of skills) the fight may take longer. What if someone peaks a burst class only to discover after months of grinding that it is not very useful? Do you think there is a slightest chance that she would spend next months to peak a different class?

I think, peak XP requirements have to be lowered. And fast, before servers get even more empty.

------------- NAWIA - najlepszy polski serwer! ;) -------------

Edited once, last by uure ().