When does the contract expire with Runewaker?

• seeing guardians of ember shut down along with the new catch up server has my tin foil cap on.

I read somewhere the contract expires this year, is that up for renewal or has it been renewed?

Is there any assurances that this game will be around for at least another couple of years?

Also, I see it's been a while since prior to the most recent update, I wonder what if anything we are missing in terms of content from the source game? Is this most recent update where the south korean version of the game is?

Can we expect any new races or classes or zones in the future?

Thanks

• Pls don't waste tinfoil, its not easy to recycle.

No, Guardians of Ember closing has nothing to do with the RoM Catch Up server. The Catch Up server is meant as an event server for new and returning players that lost their characters during the merges to catch up quickly to the rest and be able to play the newest patch of this chapter.

There are no plans to terminate the contract on RoM.

Judging by board activity and other things, GoE was doing way way worse than RoM is doing right now.

As for content, except for the mainland China server (not sure this one is still running, sounds like a SaitoHajime question) there are no other official servers.

The GF game servers are the most up to date there is.

• Thanks for getting back to me Diogenes.

I am curious though - is there no active Korean server? I thought Runewaker were a south korean company.

• RW is Taiwanese.

Most other GF games are from Korean development companies though - in general, most of the games are originally sourced from Asian companies

to name a few:

TERA - Bluehole (KR)

Soulworker - Lion Games (KR)

Aion - NCSoft (KR) (NCSoft is also known as the parent company of GuildWars2' developer ArenaNet)

Metin2 - Ymir/WebZen (KR)

Nostale - Entwell (KR)

4Story - Zemi Interactive (KR)

Elsword - KOG (KR)

quite the pattern, but RW is from Taiwan :-)

[This user speaks English on a near native level.]

[This user speaks German on a native level.]

[This user can curse in a variety of languages.]

In the beginning the Universe was created.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Trust me, I'm an engineer.....with epic skill and epic gear

• My bad - Taiwanese - Hopefully the Chinese servers are well populated.

Here's a question regarding the game. Clearly a technical issue involving memory leak, disallows players from enjoying the game in high graphics, or even medium without crashing in heavily graphical areas in the game.

I think if you fixed that, revamped the translation and reworked the item shop, you could relaunch and rejuvenate the game. Does this game have a future?

• Jinsoyun

Closed the thread.