Posts by Owondyah

Too much pay to win:

It is virtually impossible to do anything without diamonds or the item shop. There is no way anyone would be able to clear any of the endgame raids without puris, plussers, charges etc. It is virtually impossible to be endgame without high amounts of diamonds invested into your character. Either a drastic change needs to occur to Runes of Magics business model, or some sort of F2P method needs to be introduced in order to get some diamonds. Having a popular community that is happy with the game will in turn cause people to spend money on things as little as cosmetics or things to improve their gaming an experience. 500 people spending 10 dollars each is more money than 5 people spending 100 dollars. Focus on keeping your player base happy rather than soaking up as much money as you can and letting the game decline (prime example of that is Fortnite, people spend hundreds of dollars just on cosmetics that provide no competitive advantage!).

This is my main concern as new player too. I started to be heavily involved into this game and in one of my videos I promised I'll never buy power from cash shop. I already spent 25 euros on mounts and I will probably spend 10 times more in future if :

!! COMPANY THAT RUNS THE GAME KEEPS ME HAPPY !!

I'm afraid that we will have to accept that there will always be some sort of pay to win to certain aspect.

I don't want RoM ending up like Wildstar... BUT:

- implementing something like Trion did for it's games (Rex, Apex...) where I (a paying player) can buy it and put it on Auction House for desired amount of gold for others (free players) to buy it and get diamonds.

I find this buying via gift to risky and unreliable...

- implement something that even most pay to win game has, Allods Online. Currency exchange, gold -> diamonds and do your best to keep it at a fair rate.

I still have good time here, but I'm afraid that might change when I get to endgame if something isn't done. I probably won't have problems because I have luxury to spend money on game and I can change my opinion and buy "power"... but with whom I'll play if you loose entire playerbase due to heavy pay to win ??

I know you are smarter than that Gameforge... cmon...