Posts by Pelerin18

Yea, as much as I would like a progression server - I think that would be great. I don't see it happening, I think the amount of work and time needed to get that done may be beyond what they're willing to do - considering the Steam release was apparently going to be launched as-is, without even having new servers.

I'm glad they're launching on Steam and I'm happy to be getting new servers, but I'm not expecting anything else beyond that.

I hope there will be a new Server for Newbies or Returning Players.

I was really suprised about the Steam Release, i want to play on a new Server with new People to hang out and have fun with.

Cmon Steam Release , hurry up xD

They've pretty much confirmed there will be new servers for the Steam launch - now we just need to wait and find out when the release will be.

Thank you for asking! We have evaluated the possibility of new servers for the Steam release and we also came to conclusion that they would be indeed a nice opportunity for the new

and returning players to enjoy RoM. Therefore we are making necessary preparations and if you wish to start on new server, we recommend you to stay tuned for the Steam release.! :)

get them to push level cap back to 55 and fix problems the original server had as the game progresses or its pointless in making a new server.

I think it would be cool if they did that, like what other MMOs have done - progression servers I think they're called, generally.

I'm not sure how likely that is though, so I wouldn't expect it.

I dunno, if you look on the Steam forums, Facebook comments etc. There seem to be plenty of people excited about the idea of a new server, a fair amount of people have also expressed they would only be interested in returning to the game if there was one - so this is welcome news to a lot of us.

I mean, you may be right, it may not work - but I'd rather be optimistic about it and I'm looking forward to it.

what is plenty for you 10-15? you need alot of ppl for a new server to stay alive, and most new ppl quit after a few days/weeks.

Yea, I understand what you're saying.

and you're right. I'd say I've seen maybe 20-25 people expressing interest - but the thing to remember is, the people that will actually comment or partake in forum discussion is really low - compared to those who browse.

I feel like once it's up on Steam on the new releases page and word gets around via MMO sites etc, there could be enough interest to make it worthwhile.

Longevity though? Well, again I see what you're saying - that's a tough one.

In any case, like I said - I'm excited for this and I'd rather look at it optimistically.

I dunno, if you look on the Steam forums, Facebook comments etc. There seem to be plenty of people excited about the idea of a new server, a fair amount of people have also expressed they would only be interested in returning to the game if there was one - so this is welcome news to a lot of us.

I mean, you may be right, it may not work - but I'd rather be optimistic about it and I'm looking forward to it.

That's fantastic news :) looking forward to the Steam release and playing RoM again.

Alright, I'll just have to be patient - thank you :)

There's no news yet.

Alright, thank you.

Would you have any idea the likelihood of their being a new server? :P

Any news on whether there'll be a new server?

So since Sarkas told "There's no news yet" I'd say GO FOR IT!
    Thought the same, since there were no new servers in a lifetime (Internet time ;-) ) but a good bunch of servers gotten merged you can be kinda sure there'll be no new one.

Personal tip: Go and get your main class up to around level 40 (use Coast of Opportunity & Xaviera to ~lvl 40 quest level), then fulfill what you can in Xaviera, handle it in at 4th of July for 2x EXP and rush through the Epic Line (starting with Mysterious Toroq in Aotulia level 54?/55?) - you will NEED the double EXP on the 4th, since there's a hole in EXP (even for two classes) that'll make you grind Xaviera dogs and ain't nobody likes that. xD

Yea, I'm really tempted - It's just that I'll be miffed if I start playing and get however far, only for them to release a new server :p 'cos I'll want to play there.

Thanks for the leveling advice, it's generally lost on me a bit 'cos it's been an awful long time since I've played - but I'll keep that in mind.

I'm wondering if the folks at Gameforge have decided on whether to open a new server for the Steam launch, I've asked this question a couple of other times on the Steam forums and FB - generally getting a "we'll announce it when we have news" response - which is fine.

but the reason I'm bringing it up, again - is 'cos ever since the Steam announcement I've had a real hankering to play RoM again and basically, if a new server isn't on the table - I'd happily start playing right now on one of the current servers.

So, any news about this?

(also worth asking, again - I suppose, any ETA for the Steam launch? As far as I'm aware, it'll be sometime this month.)

Thanks.

Hi, I'm waiting for the Steam release (and hoping for a new server) so in the meantime I was thinking about what class combo I would like to play.

When I played RoM in the past, I was a Knight/Priest - and I had a good time tanking dungeons with that character.

Now that there a more classes, new content etc. Which would be the best class combination for a good tank character?

Thanks.

(Also, which wiki is best for current information? I've been looking at this one: https://runesofmagic.gamepedia.com/Runes_of_Magic_Wiki)