Posts by gaymer77

So the crafted gear that says requires level 100 to learn but only needs level 1 in the profession (if I'm understanding the recipes on the auction house properly)

I'm guessing that the recipes in Auction House say that they are level 1? It has been a while since I've looked at that.

But no, a recipe for a lvl 100 item needs you also to be level 100 in that profession to be able to craft that item. If it says level 1, that refers to the recipe itself, not to the levels needed.

I was talking about when you look on the auction house under recipes there are recipes that say "level 1" under the level (assuming it means level needed to learn it) but when you hoover over the recipe it says requires level 100 to use. Normally on the auction house UI if you hit the order by level it puts the level needed to learn it from lowest to highest or vice versa (like how you can show gear listed from highest level need to lowest level). The purple recipes that require level 100 to equip the crafted item all says "level 1".

Basically I like to be self suffecient in terms of what I need to play a MMO. I like being able to craft items I would use at endgame instead of relying on others in my guild or paying auction house prices (supply & demand rules and all). After learning how buying the OP statted items for an alt to use to level up only is good for armor but not weapons, I figured that making weapons would make sense for alts to have decent weapons that I don't have to, again, be at the mercy of not only if/when it is available on the auction house but the prices they are listed for. On the catch up server I've been focusing on leveling and stopped worrying about gathering all together when I found out that all progress made on characters is thrown out the door if you don't reach 85 by Jan 30th to be able to transfer off (still ticks me off knowing that).

Since I really haven't played anything at endgame, I only have heard the term pom before but don't know what it means. I know ini is instances so I'm good on that. Shell is the gear you get from running dungeons (not sure if it has to be hard mode or regular ones) if I'm thinking correctly. So the crafted gear that says requires level 100 to learn but only needs level 1 in the profession (if I'm understanding the recipes on the auction house properly) is better than the shell gear or is it the stuff anyone can learn from trainers is better than shell gear? I might consider the whole crafting gear for stats instead of farming because that sounds easier.

You mentioned shortcuts, you able to steer me in the direction of some of those tips? I know one of them is waiting until this late spring / early summer for the crafting festival but are there any others?

Another question, where on the ranking does non-hard mode ini gear fall or do non-hard mode inis not drop gear at all?

Thanks a ton for your help folks!

Does the item drop rate affect what appears from the boxes/festival packages? If not, what does?

I don't know but I used a 100% drop rate increase the other day and literally went 6-7 mobs before I got a single drop outside of non-repeatable quest items. Like not even the stupid arrows/rocks. NOTHING!

I'm having issues with ROM all over the place and it is all account related problems. My account started out as a GF account 7 years ago. I migrated to a Steam account once ROM became available on Steam. I am able to play the game with no issues via Steam and in fact one of my 2 characters on the catch-up server has the title granted from the achievement for the 7 year anniversary. The problem I'm running into though is trying to figure out how I transfer characters OFF of the catch-up server. I'm going to copy & paste much of what I've talked about in a thread on the Feedback thread for the catch-up server since my issue has been discussed there.

Every time I go to https://gameforge.com/en-US/play/runes_of_magic (the "official" ROM webpage) there's nothing on there about logging in or anything useful other than a few articles about the news for the game. On it about halfway down and over on the right hand of the page it lists "website" which is https://en.runesofmagic.gamefo…920-1263334552.1576799929 and has no darn log in anywhere. I'm rather confused as to where you go to get anything done with this game. I should note that the second link is just a link to CREATE a new account. If you take everything off after the .com it reverts back to the first link which has nowhere to log into anything.

This screenshot is what I'm talking about. Nowhere to actually do anything on the "official" links anywhere

New-Bitmap-Image.png

My screen looks nothing like what Diogenes's looks like even after I've downloaded the GF launcher. It shows I have no GF account even though I do. There is no way to recover an account name (the launcher doesn't accept email addresses as account names) so I can't even add an account through the launcher manually. Again I access ROM from Steam but previously accessed it directly from ROM.

New-Bitmap-Image.jpg

Finally I would like clarification on this other issue. The official post talking about the whole catch up server process says "Please note: You can transfer your characters to a regular server until 13th February 2020. All characters that have not been transferred by then will be deleted." Does this mean that this server is an all-or-nothing server where if you don't reach level 85 by January 30th deadline that you can't transfer your characters over to a regular server at all? I'm actually rather concerned because my boyfriend doesn't play as often as I do and I'm afraid he won't even hit 85 in time for this and will lose all progress he's made on characters. If this happens, I doubt he'll want to play at all on the normal servers.

I'm lvl 40 in BS :), but the expert trainer won't raise me to expert and says that he doesn't have time for me. Huh?

Sounds to me like you already have 2 other production skills at expert or higher (40+). You're only allowed 2 to get past 40 and only 1 to get past 60.

My screen looks nothing like yours even after I've downloaded the GF launcher. It shows I have no GF account even though I do. There is no way to recover an account name (the launcher doesn't accept email addresses as account names) so I can't even add an account through the launcher manually. Again I access ROM from Steam but previously accessed it directly from ROM.

New-Bitmap-Image.jpg

You can access your account settings only through the GF launcher.

Open the GF launcher, select your game account and then click "Settings", which will open a browser window with account setting and directly log you in.

That's nice and all but I use Steam to access ROM so how am I to do this?

My other question was here:

Kind of curious, the second picture that @Apuparentsuri posted says that the MINIMUM level to transfer is 85. The official post talking about the whole catch up server process says "Please note: You can transfer your characters to a regular server until 13th February 2020. All characters that have not been transferred by then will be deleted." Does this mean that this server is an all-or-nothing server where if you don't reach level 85 by January 30th deadline that you can't transfer your characters over to a regular server at all? I'm actually rather concerned because my boyfriend doesn't play as often as I do and I'm afraid he won't even hit 85 in time for this and will lose all progress he's made on characters. If this happens, I doubt he'll want to play at all on the normal servers.

I would love to know how exactly you even got to that page where you're trying to transfer. Every time I go to https://gameforge.com/en-US/play/runes_of_magic (the "official" ROM webpage) there's nothing on there about logging in or anything useful other than a few articles about the news for the game. On it about halfway down and over on the right hand of the page it lists "website" which is https://en.runesofmagic.gamefo…920-1263334552.1576799929 and has no darn log in anywhere. I'm rather confused as to where you go to get anything done with this game. I should note that the second link is just a link to CREATE a new account. If you take everything off after the .com it reverts back to the first link which has nowhere to log into anything.

It means spare yourself the effort of doing much in the house on the catch-up server, because your house and whats in it wont be transferred from catch-up to regular server.

Whatever you already have on a regular server with different characters is not affected.

Kind of curious, the second picture that @Apuparentsuri posted says that the MINIMUM level to transfer is 85. The official post talking about the whole catch up server process says "Please note: You can transfer your characters to a regular server until 13th February 2020. All characters that have not been transferred by then will be deleted." Does this mean that this server is an all-or-nothing server where if you don't reach level 85 by January 30th deadline that you can't transfer your characters over to a regular server at all? I'm actually rather concerned because my boyfriend doesn't play as often as I do and I'm afraid he won't even hit 85 in time for this and will lose all progress he's made on characters. If this happens, I doubt he'll want to play at all on the normal servers.

Fast way:
    Create your character, ask someone to boost you to level 20 in Forsaken Abbey instance, ask someone to port you to Heffner, level your main to level 54 or 55 and move to Dalanis and start Morrok and Toni questline and quest till you level 85.
    Use level boost to level your secondary and third class to 80. Done! (Took me 5-6 days to comblite).

All you have to do is reach 20/20 and then you can port yourself to Heffner instead of having to get someone else to do it. Getting 20/20 isn't too difficult. Just get your main to 10 then pick up a second class. Get the second class to level 2. Switch back to the lvl 10 and pick up all the dailies you can. Talk to a housemaid to get your own house (can't enter them on the catch up server though but not necessary to actually enter one on the server) and use her to switch between classes for completing quests. That will get you 20/20 easily. Once you reach 20/20 head to Heffner (aka Coast of Opportunity) and quest your way through it. Do the elite skills quest for your primary class you'll be taking to 85 and then once you hit 85 use your vial and head back to Heffner with the second or third class as your primary to get the elite skills for them too. The rest of it is sound advice.