Posts by Caladin

I cannot do the fancy quoted from and such but a direct cut and paste from Polog said

US servers will stay online, but Steam login and in-game ItemShop may be unavailable.

But it is up now so Hey. Guess be Thankful for what you get

The US servers did stay online. If you didn't log out once the maintenance period started you could carry on playing. The bit the announcement forgot to mention (or the post creator didn't know) was that if you logged out you wouldn't be able to get back in as the European download server, needed by the US launcher, would be off-line...

PS: you quote posts by clicking the quotation marks at the bottom right of any post.

For those not using a steam client, the US servers should be available again as the EU download server is back online. If you are using a Steam client, the announcement did say that you wouldn't be able to log in until the maintenance was over.

The US servers were and still are unaffected. US players however, are not, as the US client Launcher needs the European download server for the game to start and that server went down with all the other European servers.

This maintenance started on schedule, as announced, almost 17 hours ago. I think the US time quoted in the announcement was incorrect though.

I'm not sure there is a guide as such, but all purple recipes are available for mems from the Black Codex venders in each zone (Weeping Coast and beyond, I think). The bags that drop also contain recipes so some will be on AH I expect.

For the more basic recipes, they are available from the crafting instructors in each zone. Its worth noting that some recipes are not where you would expect them to be so sometimes you have to check other craft or gather instructors to find all the recipes.

Highest level crafted talisman is the easiest to get HD and won't have much less M.Atk than the ST hm one.

Even on the established servers, there are very, very few HD Annelia's Toys.

This all assumes you are on one of the new Steam launched servers and not an established one. Otherwise you can get someone who got the recipe before it was removed from the drops, to craft you a Wing.

It's all the EU servers that are down (still) for this maintenance. What they seemed to forget when the announcement said the US servers would stay up is that the download is on an EU based server and that the US client needs that server to launch.

So if a US player stayed on line or, at least stayed at the character selection screen, they would be fine, but if they tried to restart the client (or start a new client) they would be stuck until the maintenance was over.

The account will still exist, just not the chars. Make sure you are logging in to the correct region. Also if you are trying to log in through steam, you needed to connect your old game account to your steam account before trying to log in. You would need to contact support to get things sorted if you didn't.

I assumed the NPCs were here to make it poss to do double trades for the 2 weeks the event would run before the autumn banquet event that should be on now. But maybe the event will now run till the snowflake festival so we don't need the extra trades and repeats...

ycavan I did say that most of the changes are reasonable. One of the "staffers" her posted to say that GF had been listening to the players and was trying to adjust things so that end-game became more affordable, which hasn't yet happened, hence my comment. I wasn't asking for or expecting higher HH %s, I was pointing out that without any above 50%, even with the other adjustments made, GF were not reducing the cost to end-gamers.

When tempered jewels were originally introduced they were about half the current prices. Then, GF put them in IS permanently, responding to demand from players, but doubled the price of them.

As an aside, moving items from the the diamond shop to the ruby shop for the same number of (or more) rubies as the old dia price, is an effective 10-fold (or more) increase in price.

Prices on Tempered have changed (well, except Accessory ones), 500, 330, 325 and 299 now, but I don't think they go far enough and still leave the jewels way over-priced compared to other types.

Drops in prices on other jewel types too and on charges. To be fair, apart from tempered jewels, the other changes are reasonable.

The problem remains though, that without HH for dias at 50%+ and with reduced discounts during weekend shop promos, there is still no real reduction in cost for the game for the majority of customers.

Hank is a nasty example of this sort of elite, fortunately not too many in the game like him. As a DPS you need to kill fast, as tank or healer, you need to time immunes to avoid death.

In terms of gearing before end-game to deal with this sort of problem, stat a set of wings with shell/bag stats to give u some HP and attack and make a T9 or so weapon to give u the DPS. At 97 you should have access to good blue quest reward items (the dura 110 ones) that would work fine till you are ready to make an ini set. Maybe putting 3 stats on some of these if you need a bit more HP or attack.