Posts by Caladin

Apparently this sort of bug is cause by some sort of hidden debuff that cancels disguises (and similar effects) every tic of the debuff. Getting killed in a PvP fight should clear the debuff for you and allow you to complete the quest.

Stating or tiering your item does not affect your plussing result.

And when did that change???

It was always the case that the star value of the item effected your plussing chances. Tiering a weapon with level 1 stats would lower its star value, hence making it easier to plus and stating any item with high value stats raises its star value, hence making it harder to plus. Drilling an item also raises its star value, making it harder to plus.

Agree 100% that the cost of +20 jewels is still, even after the 20% reduction recently and with the 20% weekend discount, ridiculously high.

However, I cannot understand how people have such high failure rates on jewels. It has never taken me more than 7 jewels to get an item from 17 to 20 and usually takes 5. You just need to remember not to try to plus something that is fully stated and drilled (for weapons, tiered 1st but not drilled). Also load up with all luck plusses and know which time of day is your character's luckiest.

Maybe you're just the lucky one? And that other stuff is just an idea of yours since it doesnt matter if tiered or not, statted or not. Rate of success is shite and the price is far too much.

You carry on believing that and I'll carry on having jewels working far more often than not :)

Agree 100% that the cost of +20 jewels is still, even after the 20% reduction recently and with the 20% weekend discount, ridiculously high.

However, I cannot understand how people have such high failure rates on jewels. It has never taken me more than 7 jewels to get an item from 17 to 20 and usually takes 5. You just need to remember not to try to plus something that is fully stated and drilled (for weapons, tiered 1st but not drilled). Also load up with all luck plusses and know which time of day is your character's luckiest.

Unless they changed things significantly this time round, there is no way 101 ini gear at T8 would be 20% better than 100 ini gear at T8. Look at Beth (80) gear vs GoH (85 gear). Even at 5 levels difference the GoH gear is only marginally better.

You are correct that, given T8/9/10 armour is common nowadays, there would be greater benefit at higher tiers whereas in the past gear would only be T6/7, which only gave marginal benefits.

Actually, the buff furniture and crafting furniture and some other things are in IS for either rubies or diamonds. If you go into the item, there is a little grey box showing the price in diamonds. If you click on that it shows the alternative ruby price. This is a useful feature.

That said, it would definitely be nice to get the full variety of items back in the shop, not just mounts but furniture and skins too. A lot of items seem to be hidden in the shop as they don't show up under sections but if you search by name, you can still find them. House contracts was one I came across recently.

But no end-gamer uses items at their native tier.

This problem has existed every time the native tier of items has gone up (20-21, 40-41, 60-61 and 80-81).

The only useful items at 101 would be clean white T6 items from NPCs for making tiering stones.

I know WoW stayed at 100 for a long time and just released content expansions but RoM doesn't really compare, so not sure why they have made this decision. Even with a harder ini, its unlikely current end-gamers will need the new gear so not much revenue generation there.

Does a lack of a level cap increase mean no higher stats? No new proof/mem/shell/crafting/etc items?

Sorry Mick, answer was in long time player shorthand!

The Harpy Assassin can be found in Kashaylan in Waziz's Camp. The lvl 92 is at the start of the bridge to Revenant Wasteland and the lvl 93 is at the end of that bridge.

As YC says, they are red and immortal so you can just keep attacking them. The NPCs that are fighting them will keep aggro too.. You just need to be a little careful with where you stand so you don't aggro one of the bugs there.

Battle Monk idea predated the mem weapons, just like the original idea that mages would either choose fire or wind attributes (hence why mages need double the Tp of any other class). They had some nice concepts around the start of the game that just never took off.

After chapter II Scouts got nerfed, they upped mage damage a lot and, for a while, M/W was the ini DD of choice. Then ppl discovered W/M power and all the pDD options and mages went out of fashion again.

The reason why the 2-H Staves have more physical damage than magical damage is because they were also meant to be used by battle monks (W/P in my view, not P/W) but, as with many things in this game, that was never fully implemented.