Posts by Grumpdaddy

Having time for reflection, here's a suggestion. There's a TON of gold in the game. Put these new tools in the pet hunters' inventory and charge a bunch for them. It won't reduce the gold level a bunch, but it might help a little. Ya, I get it, you need to fund the servers and staff, but this isn't going to work.

I noticed in the item shop today "Lightweight" hoe, spade, and hatchet. I argued with myself about how many tools I wold get for 20 diamonds. "Surely," I said, "20 diamonds can't be just one spade."

"Try one and see," I responded, "and don't call me Shirley."

"Okay, I will." I reasoned, "It must be good for a day, or if not then at least an hour.":/

Well, fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. In my heart of hearts I knew that I was denying an obvious truth. It is indeed a tool that my pet can only use ONCE to gain ONE item. That's a crazy price for one tool.:cursing:

And that's my feedback and I'm stickin' to it. X(

I always stop at 24. If you have to spend thousands of dollars or euros just to complete New Pantheon in a free-to-play game, then I will let others do it. As difficult as it is to stat and tier at the same time, it can be done "free", and it can result in improvements similar to plussing. It is why I run a ton of group dailies. I can then get charges and puries with only time invested. Some of us will agree that wasting time is the main reason to play anyway.

You can also submit a support ticket and ask the GF team to send you back to whichever starting zone your character used. Run dailies and Goblin mines until level 72. Then find a friend to use a transport portal rune to get you to Chrysalia. Run the non-mainline quests until you reach level 91 then visit with Daris in the class hall to pick up the new main quest line in Splitwater Coast.

I still think that you should be able to solve the problem at the hardware end.

It may be time to clean up your hard drive and do some basic maintenance.

If that doesn't fix it, you will need better graphics. How old is your video card? This is not the most graphics- intense area. Delanis and the swamp at the beginning of Weeping coast should both cause problems if the Frontline Camp does.

This whole thing is starting to feel like the recent thread where one of the posters felt that we need to ban macros during siege because that poster did not want to take the time to learn macros for him/her self. They stated it wasn't fair that other players use the tools in the game that he chose not to.

Personally, if you can't keep the guards down, then you need to get geared up. I am building a K/W for just that purpose. I'm not wealthy enough to whale, so it's taking time. I'm not going to complain about a rules change because I can't do it quickly.

But isn't that why we play- to kill time?

My very last try to explain what several of us tried to say :

We understand what you are saying. You aren't understanding the rest of us. Strong guild vs. weak guild=strong guild wins. Isn't that how it should be? In a real world conflict, strong country defeats weak country. This is called siege WAR for a reason. There are 3 things weak guilds can do short term to get it balanced out.

1) Recruit

2) Recruit

3) Recruit

Oh yeah- and quest together, run dungeons together, and help each other with gear.

And after all these lengthy posts, all we really have is opinions and conjectures. Let's all take a deep breath and after a month or so, post your experiences.

It seems that every time GF and RW do a little tweaking, the forum fills with doomsday prophesies. If it's a problem the way it is now, we can bitch about it knowledgeably and GF can switch it around some more.

So, the main problem with these changes is that they don't balance the game but they make the rift between small and large guilds worse. However, there are not enough of us who play siege war to hope to come across a guild of your level on a regular basis... Unbalanced wars are painful or uninteresting for both teams.

The game is set up to match high-score guilds together and low-score guilds together as much as possible. This thread reminds me of the recent thread where the OP insisted that Macros should be banned from siege because he didn't want to learn how to use them. Endgame players switch guilds. Recruit a couple. Anyone can build good gear. It's about more than diamonds, and if you get enough gold you can buy the refining gems and other things using other peoples' diamonds.

I find it unlikely that killing Hillarzu 10 times would be an expectation. I don't know the last time I heard him spawn. Killing enough fungi near Pioneers Village will spawn fungus captains. I don't know how many captains it would take to bring Hillarzu out.

There are fungi in Qilana Forest, but that's at the opposite end of the zone for NoM.