Project Hardcore

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • And we are still going to form the project, further rules decided in the while the maintanance is running...

Xaviera allowed as soon as you hit 20/20
    Pets allowed without upgrading
    Minigames allowed, withou using the shells
    all classes and races allowed
    Eliteskills can be done in xaviera

Rules concerning upgrading gear:
    - max 3 stats on an item (+3 dirty stats)
    - tier of weapon maximum 2 tiers higher than the basic item is
    - plus 2 maximum on all items
    - runes only if the item dropped with a rune slot, maximum tier 3

• I'm glad I'm in North America. It gives me a solid justification for not playing with such extreme restrictions. When I was level 20, I started trading phirius tokens for puris and statting 6 level 50 green stats that I would get from the glorious victory packages. If I were setting it up, I would... Never mind. Doesn't matter what I would do. Have fun

• I'm glad I'm in North America. It gives me a solid justification for not playing with such extreme restrictions.

You lost me on that one. What does location have anything to do with challenges or ironman modes?

It's just how some people play games. Megaman pea shooter only, Contra no deaths, Zelda no sword, speedruns in general

• it takes 15 years to reach level 100 under those condidtions . the only way to play runes of magic is do your dailys for tokens to get stuff to to ugrade with because you have nothing .

now...when you say vendor...i assume you are out of gamegold to sell for real world money and are desperate .

because what you are saying is you cant even talk to the other players or use tokens . impossible . im the only one that ever made it to level 100 without doing all that stuff and im telling you you must do your dailys to level or improve at all .

soo...whats in it for me ? if you think im going to fight level 100 mobs with a freakin fairy staff to be in your guild or hand out game gold to be sold on the open market so you can line your pockets ... you must really know what you are doing .

cya. smiles .

• it takes 15 years to reach level 100 under those condidtions . the only way to play runes of magic is do your dailys for tokens to get stuff to to ugrade with because you have nothing .

ehm... nope? without an exp event it takes around 2-3 month solo i guess and with other players 1-2 month. with an +300% exp event it is solo possible in ~2-3 weeks.

but that doesn't matter at all, because this community here only wants to go up to lvl 55

Quote from oswayal

now...when you say vendor...i assume you are out of gamegold to sell for real world money and are desperate .

what? are you drunk? xD

Quote from oswayal

because what you are saying is you cant even talk to the other players or use tokens . impossible .

what is impossible about that? there are many guys on every server that don't interact with other players. dont use tokens makes it a bit harder but you don't need it to lvl up or to clear instances till ~ lvl 90

Quote from oswayal

im the only one that ever made it to level 100 without doing all that stuff and im telling you you must do your dailys to level or improve at all .

lol i don't think so :D there were other projects like this years ago and they all went pretty good. Just because you might not be able to do it doesn't mean nobody can

Quote from oswayal

soo...whats in it for me ?

fun, a challenge to improve your skills, new people to compete with, and all this without investing a cent (ok, you have to invest time)

if you think im going to fight level 100 mobs with a freakin fairy staff to be in your guild or hand out game gold to be sold on the open market so you can line your pockets ... you must really know what you are doing .

again... what? xD where did you get this "selling gold" thing? other guys clear high instances as tos duo or without any sec class... it's not becaus "they sell their gold and now they can't afford a second class", it's because this game is boring since some years. you got no challenges... even the "toughest" things today ingame are easier than every single boss in grafu 10 years ago

i haven't signed up for this project yet... but not because it's impossible, but because i don't have time for it.

• They said earlier only lv55 cap.

It takes maybe 15 days not years to level a new character on a new account with no diamonds to 100 just going through the questline equipping what they give you... Closer to like 15 hours if you actually know what you are doing.
    They also said no wearing the blue gear from bags though which imo is the only thing going to cause real struggle.

• 100 Points to Ainz!

Thank you very much, you completely got it why we are making this project.

Cocerning level 55, i think we can stick with that a few weeks/months, until the active players are all finished with having fun in the dungeons.

Also one goal is to clear every dungeon at least once.

I think we will have very gppd players coming out of this time, because you really learn to play your class and play together in a team.

If i see people running one of the highest dungeon solo, this means to me the game is to easy. Not even talking about addons like kittycombo or dice...

Thanks for everyone participating our project also if its only in this thread as discussion. Ainz you are very welcome if you find the time ;)

• Some notes / Experiences form the Oldschool Project (around 2012).

in the lower instances 1 level is a huge difference.

-> barely able to do it in a full group vs. soloing it.

XP Debt is your friend. it's nuts how fast you level in low level dungeons.

back then we only cleared everything from level 1 to 50 [windmill basement -> SoK, CL, TT, Ice Dwarf]. All i can say is...some "hard" bosses are actually easy (e.g. Thynos - Ice Dwarf]), and some seemingly easy bosses kill you in seconds (e.g. Aukuda - MA) ;)

i don't remember why we stopped there but i think it had a lot to do with how much time everyone had.

• Ozwayal doesn't post to be useful or constructive. He makes stuff up just to be an aggravation and to start fights. I recommend you ignore his posts going forward. They add nothing of value to the conversation.

• sorry my bad its a wizard ..she gots lots of results ,now i got a better idea of what you are trying to do .

you meant in game npc vendors ?

you want players 0-55 .

and the point is to level the guild

ainz can copy and paste real good and grumpdaddy . who do . who do you think you are ?

i add a lot , i make up nothing i call it like i see it ,i thought it was very constructive at least i am active in the community .

always a team of three ... wait ...isnt that server going to merge soon ? and with what other servers ? i dont want to burn any of my names ..hmm off topic ... smiles

i think im waiting to merge to that server maybe .. lol

now i added something to the conversation. but its off topic .? no it relates to topic because i dont want to burn my names by recreating them on the wrong server before a merge .

• hey man, if you're not interested in this project, we don't mind.

just leave, and do your trolling stuff in the offtopic forum, or somewhere else.

Eigentlich bin ich ein Gnom !

Unityforce auf Kerub Kadmos

Wichtl @ Kadmos (††† R.I.P. Zikiel 2021-08 †††)

Gagh @ Kadmos (††† R.I.P. Kerub 2023-09 †††)

• For everyone who is interested in the project - short current status:

We are now a strong guild of 25 members. First People reached level 55 already, other enjoy the low dungeons as abby.

We even have members going the whole old questing way without xaviera.

Mostly there are more than 10 members online and we have daily new people joining.

As said, we cleared windmill, abby and also pasper shrine.

I think Bluesons will also make videos when we clear higher dungeons such as cyclo, KS or TT.

The project is a lot of fun, an dim happy, that we could already find so much people participating.

So if you are also intersted but hasitating if its worth it, i can only tell you, yes it is!

• It is always more fun to run an instance at or near level. I may have left some of you with the opinion that I don't like what you are doing. I do like it, I would just use different rules. Glad to hear that you are succeeding. Remember there is Necropolis of Mirrors lower than Paspers and also the Arcane Chamber of Sathkur that is somewhere around level 15. You have to have certain quests completed to reach the final boss in Sathkur.

• For anyone who is interested in the project:

we are currently level 55, having the blue gear from xaviera and some from CL and KS.

With that we cleared following dungeons:

CL

KS

TT

Hoto easy (exept last boss)

Binpikes

and lower dungeons ofc...

• Now what? New characters and start over? Or farm the instances for stats and purple gear? The latter would be my recommendation. Do you have a limit on how many tier levels you can put on your gear and weapons using the stuff that is available?