Coin of Wind

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • I see that the August peak leveling events finally offer help through the Coins of Wind. I am confused, however. The highest number of coins are available in hard mode Pantheon. It's my understanding that clearing hard mode still requires 12 players at Peak20. Aren't those the characters that least need them?

I have currently 10 characters that have completed Crossing the Mountain Path. My highest is Peak17, and cannot defeat the first boss in easy mode without help. I get that MMOs are multiplayer, and my endgame guildmates are always happy to help the rest of us. It would be nice, though, if I could also get some Peak orbs on my own like I did with the Coin of Petals events. We have a very large guild and it seems unfair to ask the 8 or 10 people who can run the first boss in easy mode to drag the rest of us through the ini multiple times.

I used to think that the people running the game also play the game. Clearly, I am mistaken, or those people would have a better understanding of the situation.

Again, i appreciate the events that are there, but a little better understanding of the state of the game would probably have resulted in events that most of us could take advantage of fully.?(

• in my server during these events its pretty common for random parties to form. Healers usually cant really solo easy mode, neither can tanks, and squishy dds can also have a hard time getting it done. So for those that cant solo there are still options, even when you dont feel like getting carried by guildies.

So as long as the account is not totally useless you should be able to at least have the possibility to get it done. It will ofc take a lot longer for those that cant solo, which is not entirely fair.

I myself have also 'sold' bosses in the past, so that even for accounts that wouldnt typically get accepted in random runs, or just for ppl that dont have the time every day to have coins split between multiple people, there is always that angle too.

• I went into the hardmode instance with my Peak17 c/r and burned through a bunch of healing pots to survive the first mob in the front door. I did only 1% damage. I'm pretty sure at Peak17 you cannot do significant damage to any of the mobs in hard mode, so I still can't do any coin farming on my own.

• what is point of playing your way ? you think healers will go alone for coins...?

use server transfer stone and move to better place...

...on Gaia even on easy we do party farming...its fun,,,

• I went into the hardmode instance with my Peak17 c/r and burned through a bunch of healing pots to survive the first mob in the front door. I did only 1% damage. I'm pretty sure at Peak17 you cannot do significant damage to any of the mobs in hard mode, so I still can't do any coin farming on my own.

the first group that cleared pantheon was between peak 15 and 17

at peak 17 you have a ~20% hit chance. With peak 20 about 50% for mobs (less for bosses)

so it's possible to kill the mobs, but solo farming the coins in hardmode is... not smart

the first coin that drops in hm is at first czerkonis. you need a group for that.

• what is point of playing your way ? you think healers will go alone for coins...?

We do party farming too. Sometimes I don't have anyone to go with. I also have 10 toons in the Peak system. I don't expect anyone to run me for hours on all my toons.

I also like the sense of accomplishment with everything I can accomplish solo. I am constantly testing after every equipment upgrade to see what instances I can solo. Right in easy mode it is Morfan without taking alts in running macros.

Server transfer stones wn't take me anywhere. North American toons don't have any other server to go to.

A few months ago there was a player who mentioned that he had built an alt guild to level 12 including all the buildings. People ridiculed him for it, but it was what he wanted to do. I thought it was pretty cool. I don't have to justify to you or anyone else why I would like to be able to farm my own coins. It is what I want to have the opportunity to do. Once I finish my Czerkonis set, I should be able to clear first boss solo in Pantheon easy, and maybe also normal.

• Any somewhat decently geared ch/r should be able to solo pantheon easy as far as i know.

I probably would focus 1 human, 1 elf and 1 dwarf first, then worry about the other accounts.

There are also a lot of players that cant quite solo it, but 1, 2 or even 3 alts to help with the little extra push of healing/damage/tanking needed.

Either way, last time the most limiting factor was instance accessibility. Ever channel had like 50-100 accounts parked outside at the instance portal, during the evenings. I dont see it being much different this time.

Been solo harming HM mobs since peak5- here's my screenshots testing accuracy along the way as well as a shot of my gear.

At about 15 I was able to farm it not just kill them, I wonder what you're missing. Got accuracy X runes?

• I don't have a lot of runes. I am limiting my investment in diamonds, and I did not take advantage of the XX chests in last years trade event, a situation I intend to make up for in August. I'm not a hard core player. I have managed to purchase the full czerkonis set from the AH, but don't have the stats yet for them.

I'm working on it.

• In fact, let me explain this further. You OP players have clearly forgotten what it is like to be "not OP". You have spent most of this thread explaining to me what I "SHOULD" be able to do. If I were OP like you, yes. I haven't finished building gear. It's a never ending thing for me. I haven't mastered the art of alt macro tag along. I do have 1 human, 1 elf, and 1 dwarf that are level 100x6. That doesn't mean I have them all geared up. I really am getting tired of OP players telling me what i can and cannot kill. Someday, yes. Not yet.

• you complained that you can't kill the mobs in hardmode and that's why you don't get any coins.

first: have you read and understood the announcement? there are not only coins in hard mode.

Secondly, if you can't kill enemies in hardmode, why not try easy mode?

thirdly: if you shouldn't be able to do it easily either, why don't you ask other people? you don't have to make friends with them right away. just ask in zone chat or globally and i bet there are 1-5 other players who feel the same as you. and even if you want to do alts, you can simply ask with these chars and you will also find a group several times a day.

yes, we "op players" tell you what's possible, because we also didn't clear pantheon hm solo 2 days. we worked our way up and tested what works and when someone asks (like you), we share our experiences. but the only one who says what you can't do is yourself

• No, after all this conversation, you are missing the point.

Easy mode and Normal require killing BOSSES. I can kill mobs in easy. Not a problem, but there's no coins there.

The greater issue is that the MAJORITY of players on the US server will be dependent on other players.

I have a timing issue. Evening siege is from 10pm to 11pm eastern time. I leave for work at 10:30 pm and while all my friends and aquaintances are running instances, I am earning a living. Only a couple nights a week can I connect with them.

Yes, I DO ask other people for help. Occasionally I can find people to do it. Most of the time I am online while they are off. Even if I got all 35 orbs, that would still be enough to get me to Peak18 and only a small amount toward 19.

This thread started when I pointed out that MOST of the players working on peak will have trouble taking advantage of the August peak event. Yes, I am one of them. Still, the majority of coin drops are in the hard mode. People running HM don't need them as much as the the folks who can't.

Again, Ainz, you are trying to diminish me. Why don't you jerks just STOP!!

• No, after all this conversation, you are missing the point.

Easy mode and Normal require killing BOSSES. I can kill mobs in easy. Not a problem, but there's no coins there.

easy and normal require killing bosses... yes. but hardmode require killing at least 2 bosses (the mobs that drop coins in hardmode are after b2) and honestly: a mob in hm is harder than a boss on easy

Quote from Grump

The greater issue is that the MAJORITY of players on the US server will be dependent on other players.

That's why this game is an MMorpg...

Quote from Grump

This thread started when I pointed out that MOST of the players working on peak will have trouble taking advantage of the August peak event. Yes, I am one of them. Still, the majority of coin drops are in the hard mode. People running HM don't need them as much as the the folks who can't.

you have to kill 2 bosses per day on easy. this is not a problem for MOST. I understand that it can be difficult when your work forces you to be online at times when no one else is. But this only affects a very small part of the community (if there were more, there would also be groups for farming during these times of the day)

Quote from Grump

Again, Ainz, you are trying to diminish me. Why don't you jerks just STOP!!

that is not my intention

but some of your statements are just wrong.

GF must try to create such events for the majority of the players and the majority of players who have equip to run pantheon normal or hard (the ones that need peak) also manage (solo or or with some assistance) to easily kill the bosses in pantheon.

I also think it's too bad if you can't attend the entire event because of your work or other things. but such events are not designed for that.

I even think that more people can't attend the event because of vacation than people can't kill those 2 bosses a day because they can't find a party

• Although I've been playing for 12 years I rarely feel the need to post in here but every once in awhile I am overcome with the urge to say what I have to say and the posts are usually long so buckle up gang.

Grump I may be the person of which you spoke about building his alt guild up and if so thanks for saying it is cool. Yes I did get ridiculed for posting that as I do for most every post I make. All good, peeps can say what they want and I find it funny when some who ridicule are also some that I have given free help to and never asked a thing in return. I love that. The guild is actually level 15 and has had the walls upgraded 2 times and yes I am proud of doing it all by myself. The guild started as an alt guild build became my main toon's "Real Guild" about 10 years ago when I left the only multi-player guild I've ever been in. I left for very legit reasons that I don't care to rehash and don't care to bash on the guildies who forced that decision although they deserve to be called out. What is over is over.

As a result I have done everything by myself for 10 years and am okay with that. I am not complaining that my main toon can't run many instances alone yet. That said, I am still working towards it but it takes time. My main is a Peak level 11 and is 100/100/100/48. I got to peak level 11 by making 800 kills a day for the 800 "little" coins that I could trade for what instance runners traded for 8 "BIG" coins for. That is cool and I do not mind grinding for it.

BUT..... I am not even given the option to spend hours each day making hundreds of kills so I can build my peak level up on my main, not to mention my 4 alts that are peak level 1 or 2. What I want is that option back!!!!!!! I also think being able to get peak orbs with that method is good for the game because every level of player has the ability to get peak orbs and save them for when they get to level 100/100 and start peaking up right away. Having peak orbs stashed away adds an incentive for low and mid level players to stick with the game and not get frustrated and quit.

Ohhh, wait, we still do want players to stay don't we???

I understand where Grump is coming from but also understand what others are saying too but here is the deal. I don't want to have people drag my weak azz through instances. I am fine doing stuff on my own just as I have for 10 years....... Just give me the opportunity to do that and not force me to ask for help or do without.

It isn't that I am too proud to ask for help, I will when I really NEED to. There are plenty who would help me if I asked because I have helped so many others through the years: giving free gear to new players, giving mats and crafting items to people when I hear them ask, crafting whatever people request in wc and not charging a thing for it as long as I have all the mats which I do 99.9% of the time and only making them do something with all the UD items crafted before I got an OD for them. I've crafted entire sets of level 100 gear for people and tiered weapons to 11 for other players. Used my poms to make pulls for others, given away stats worth 90 mil each and farmed items for people for free. At least one of those people have posted in this thread. I have built guild castles for 2 people and given one of mine away. So, I have ABSOLUTELY NO issues with calling in a favor or 2 but I"D RATHER DO IT MYSELF SO GIVE ME THAT OPPORTUNITY!!!!!

100 kills for 100 little coins = 1 big coin for trade in just like before. WHAT IS SO UNREASONABLE ABOUT THAT GAMEFORGE??

• For context in those screenshots I believe that's a +23 t12 weapon and mostly t8 gear, imo my characters pretty darn good but I ain't got nothing over +24 and no clean t11 nothing.

Grump I did not mean any criticism I actually wanted to help. I first asked if you were missing Accuracy X runes because I would say is required for farming HM. If you're not fully statted yet of course you can't do it as well but we don't know what your character is wearing. honestly just by saying you were peak 17 I assumed you were fully geared on main.

and exactly like you guys I find most of my enjoyment in the game pushing what's possible solo. I cleared IBP normal no alts ^^ Why would anyone go into ibp norm now? lol

• Jak- thanks for the voice of reason. Bak- I am adding Enigma runes right now. I buy a few diamonds when they are on sale, and then buy runes or other things when those are on sale, too. Like Jak, I am getting there. My biggest issue with how this thread has gone is that it was posted under "Feedback and Suggestions", not "General Discussion". It was meant for the GMs and CMs to see so they would have an idea of where some of us are at so they can plan events for the rest of us.

If you scroll up, you will see the first responder told me I am playing the game wrong, and then everyone until Jak kept piling on about what I should be doing and how.

• it was never my intention to offend anyone, was only giving few insights people maybe wouldnt think about straight away.

You are right in saying that it would be a good thing if normal mobs would be providing a way to get it done as well.

Coins from pantheon however take gear into consideration far more than normal mob farming. If you can solo you are done in 5 min per day, 10 for duo, 15 for trio. This is a considerable amount less than farming a thousand monsters every day. (Perhaps those ants have something to say about that, but there is such a low amount of these).

As alternative mob farming would be cool, as replacement not so much. It is also kinda shetty the peak orbs are all only available in the first timeslot and then dont come back anymore after, thus not making ppl that have difficulty farming them be able to grind them ahead of time.