Lower-level Bosses Respawn Rates

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • Is it possible to make lower-level bosses that are required for quests to respawn more often? I have been camping by Giant Cacti in Dust Devil Canyon for about two weeks, and according to Support, I somehow missed multiple Giant Flower Cacti while being able to kill lots of Giant Fruit and Giant Needle Cacti. And I also need Kal Turok Myrmex Queen, which is also hard to get, from what I heard.

• The Kal Turok Myrmex Queen spawns immediately upon servers coming back online.

Mark a spot just outside the portal to her lair and log your character as soon as your server is live. She will be there for you.

If you are unable to be online when maintenance is complete, you will have to wait (if memory serves) approximately 23-25 hours from the time she was last killed.

As for the cacti, the Flower requires patience.

• The Kal Turok Myrmex Queen spawns immediately upon servers coming back online.

Mark a spot just outside the portal to her lair and log your character as soon as your server is live. She will be there for you.

If you are unable to be online when maintenance is complete, you will have to wait (if memory serves) approximately 23-25 hours from the time she was last killed.

As for the cacti, the Flower requires patience.

When the server goes live after maintenance, it's nighttime for me, so I am sleeping :)

As for Giant Flower Cactus, I have been camping by the spot where Giant Cacti spawn for over a week, killed Giant Fruit and Giant Needle Cacti multiple times, but am yet to see Giant Flower Cactus. Support claims it did get spawned during this period, but they can't tell me times. Well, I will be running RoM and recording my screen and then reviewing footage that I missed to confirm if it really does spawn and when.

• Needle => 75% Fruit / 25% Flower

Fruit => 75% Needle / 25% Flower

Flower => 50% Needle / 50% Fruit

so yeah, it might take a while. respawn ~4h after kill excluding built-in variance (4h is the database value)

[This user speaks English on a near native level.]

[This user speaks German on a native level.]

[This user can curse in a variety of languages.]

In the beginning the Universe was created.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Trust me, I'm an engineer.....with epic skill and epic gear

• Needle => 75% Fruit / 25% Flower

Fruit => 75% Needle / 25% Flower

Flower => 50% Needle / 50% Fruit

so yeah, it might take a while. respawn ~4h after kill excluding built-in variance (4h is the database value)

Why on Earth does Flower have lower chance of spawning? This doesn't make sense! How many days does it usually take to spawn it?

• You have one chance per more or less 4h to see (and kill) which boss is there and if its not the one you need kill it - times channels, assuming there's more than one, but I don't think there's more than one open in DDC.

[This user speaks English on a near native level.]

[This user speaks German on a native level.]

[This user can curse in a variety of languages.]

In the beginning the Universe was created.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Trust me, I'm an engineer.....with epic skill and epic gear

• You have one chance per more or less 4h to see (and kill) which boss is there and if its not the one you need kill it - times channels, assuming there's more than one, but I don't think there's more than one open in DDC.

I was finally able to get Giant Flower Cactus yesterday after camping at one spot for 2 weeks, keeping track of which Giant cactus spawned and when, setting 30 minute timers to check if anything spawned, and using screen recording software to review what was happening while I was sleeping. That was fun, but let's not do it again ^^

Oh, and out of all 3 giant cacti, Flower one is non-aggressive, so it didn't give alert sound when it spawned next to me.

• Waited for Ant Queen from about 17:22 until maintenance at 23:00, no luck. That really pushes the limits of "4 hours, add or take 33%" ^^

btw, does Ant Queen drop quest items per character in a group like most mobs, or per the whole group like some bosses (*looks at Giant Cacti*)?

• Myrmex Queen has a base respawn time of 24h. calculating the +/- 30% variability, she won't respawn before 16.8h after the last kill, and should have respawned until 31.2h after the last kill

Eigentlich bin ich ein Gnom !

Unityforce auf Kerub Kadmos

Wichtl @ Kadmos (††† R.I.P. Zikiel 2021-08 †††)

Gagh @ Kadmos (††† R.I.P. Kerub 2023-09 †††)

• I'd love to see a zone rebalance to help with these rare mobs. People still farming Ystra elites and world bosses with 1ch while we have dead zones like limo with 3 channels because reasons.

• Myrmex Queen has a base respawn time of 24h. calculating the +/- 30% variability, she won't respawn before 16.8h after the last kill, and should have respawned until 31.2h after the last kill

24 hours? Not 4 hours?

https://database.rom-welten.de…&db=npcobject&guid=100160

That's nuts. If a 1000 players need to complete quests, it will take them about 3 years, assuming they are unlikely to coordinate their efforts and providing that no player will kill it more than once for themselves ^^

• 1000 players.....where you live ?atm 90 % ppl that still play have not completed Morrok line and they good...as i remember (it was decade ago ) when you kill queen theres tons of corpses and each in party can loot quest item....

main reason for farming this type of bosses is greed...ppl think of piles of gold for card boss drop...when i read how much time some spend camping at that places.....better find real job....

• 1000 players.....where you live ?atm 90 % ppl that still play have not completed Morrok line and they good...as i remember (it was decade ago ) when you kill queen theres tons of corpses and each in party can loot quest item....

main reason for farming this type of bosses is greed...ppl think of piles of gold for card boss drop...when i read how much time some spend camping at that places.....better find real job....

I finally got the Queen, after camping for several days, recording and reviewing the footage to note the time she spawned while I was away. When she finally spawned when I was at my computer, I made a few announcements in World, but only two people responded saying they need her for quests and titles. I was surprised, I thought more people would need her, but I guess you're right, no one cares about questing.

• The game is 13+ years old at this point, there was plenty of time to do that quest :P

The only reason I didn't do Cactus and Queen quests before is because I didn't want to waste time camping. While camping for Queen, I met another player who was trying to finish her quests for a few years. I also saw other players check on Queen. Whether they needed her for quests or just for loot - that I don't know. And what about newer players who weren't playing for 13+ years?

• ... this is part of game..how game is designed...like tons of other games or trading card games ...or any other collectors thingy...game items are based on rarity....boss spawn also....all this lead to game economy...

...imagine every kill drop card...boss respawn every few min...and every boss drop purple HD....

...btw...GF always find walkaround in critical quests...so if you yell here hard enough maybe you get quest completed simply by entering instance...

• ... this is part of game..how game is designed...like tons of other games or trading card games ...or any other collectors thingy...game items are based on rarity....boss spawn also....all this lead to game economy...

"collectors thingy"

very few players care collect anything. few players per server farm cards and other few buy(collect) also titles and completed quests. is kind of pseudo elite hobby. very few people will appreciate you as good player coz you have All cards, or 7273 quests compleeted. All this are empty numbers. Mostly proves that person who do this is capable to spend insain amount of time/gold/dias in pointless stuff, For myself i never get tempted to collect anything or go for "make all in game ...quests, inis, anything". Example: "Why to farm/buy Aisha looks=rare if every 2nd pseudo Endgamer have it" ...

In conclusion: "Collectable stuff" farmers and buyers are very small part of Game population. Even some people can say "i make my Gold like this 13 years ... and im alwaus rich" or "i make Gold cap every week by sell cards" .... Ok but is Aisha looks or rare Cards more then 0.1% of AH transactions? is like to say "Trade of Swarovski jewelary important for global ekonomy" :) Good luck with it guys and girls!