action bar limitation

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • The game's action bars give a character a unique set of action bars for each class. With class expansion tickets, each class has FIVE possible secondary classes. When switching secondaries, there are elite skills that can impact certain skills so they no longer work unless you delete them from the action bar and reset them. Other skills are even possible on the new class combination.

The extended bar add-on gives the character a unique set of extended bars for each class COMBO. I tried today to move hotkeys in the top keyboard row (1 though =) to the EAB so I could permanently reorganize the action bars to be correct with every class combo. I don't know whether it was the game or the add-on that stopped me from doing that.

If an add-on can give me unique bars for every class combo, then why can't Runewaker? Also, if whoever is the author of Extended Action Bars, maybe you can change the add-on.

Either solution would be acceptable.:(

• There's a thread that might help with your issue. The addon is vActionbar. Instead of adding action bars that drop the performance more than needed, it makes use of the existing action bars and switches them accordingly to your prefered secondary class. It is also said in the thread that the addon can't fix an error caused by runewaker: If you switch only your secondary class, it might get stuck with whatever secondary class you had before.

If that's not your issue, you can find the thread here:

vActionbar Mods

• Sorry. I speak only English and a limited amount of French. I tried to figure it out based on the limited amount of English in the post, but I'm not able to.

Let me try to give an example of unintended problems.- R/M has a passive elite called Live Rope Throw. It modifies combo throw. When I switch to R/W, I cannot use combo throw without first removing it from the action bar and reloading it. Illusion Blade dnace remains on the action bar even though it is not useable. The skill I had placed in that action bar slot as R/W is now gone. EVERY TIME I change secondary class, I have to rebuild my action bars to to match the new elites. It discourages the heck out of me.

It's not "maybe you will get stuck with whatever secondary class you had before". It's Guaranteed I have to screw with my action bars every time I swap.

• Sorry. I speak only English and a limited amount of French. I tried to figure it out based on the limited amount of English in the post, but I'm not able to.

Let me try to give an example of unintended problems.- R/M has a passive elite called Live Rope Throw. It modifies combo throw. When I switch to R/W, I cannot use combo throw without first removing it from the action bar and reloading it. Illusion Blade dnace remains on the action bar even though it is not useable. The skill I had placed in that action bar slot as R/W is now gone. EVERY TIME I change secondary class, I have to rebuild my action bars to to match the new elites. It discourages the heck out of me.

It's not "maybe you will get stuck with whatever secondary class you had before". It's Guaranteed I have to screw with my action bars every time I swap.

What about if you load an actionbar for a diffrent class combo and then re-load the one you'd like to use? Doesnt help at all?

• What about if you load an actionbar for a diffrent class combo and then re-load the one you'd like to use? Doesnt help at all?

No. In fact, I even have action bar arrangements for a level 100 CHARACTER actually show up on a different alt with the same class combo when I reach level 10 and accept the new secondary class. Then, if I remove the elite skills from the new character's action bar and log in the level 100 character, Those skills stop working until I remive them and re-add them.

• ...this problem started after more then 3 classes introduced and later after more then 1 account merged to 1 main client...

..walk around can be saving SaveVariables.lua

after you make good action bar combo to separate folder ( or more folders if you do more combinations )...

then ,after you change class..logout character..restore variables and login back with desired set......

..in my exp..playing with 1 character with 2-3 combos is normal....more than that need lots of memorizing skills positions...and that lead to overall slowing killing rate...

...this backup of SaveVariables.lua is also good if all addons interface crash ..and all got messed...

• ..this problem started after more then 3 classes introduced and later after more then 1 account merged to 1 main client.

Nope. It started the day I accepted a 3rd class. It is the main reason I didn't add a third class to any additional toons until the Peak thing made it reasonable.

That's a fail by gamedesign which no addon can fix (as far as I'm aware of). The workaround for this is to always not only swap the secondary class.

• That's a fail by gamedesign which no addon can fix (as far as I'm aware of). The workaround for this is to always not only swap the secondary class.

So, I am giving a suggestion/feedback. I know GF can't fix it, but can you put it on the wishlist with Runewaker? That's really all I'm asking for is to make them aware of the problem and fix the "fail by gamedesign".