Community Manager do your job please

• Can we get some communication on Steam please ?

So far i haven't seen any reply from Gameforge staff reply to any questions and concerns about the
    game launching on Steam.
    If you plan to launch game on certain platform and get as many players as possible you need to
    show some activity and good old communication.

If you lack staff for that, then hire new community manager.
    If you can't find one, then i would like to apply for that position.

You had a bad start, but there is still time to fix that.

You have a perfect chance to start something better, something that will INCREASE your playerbase. if
    you listen or at least discuss with players and their concerns about improving overall game and management.

I hope our words reach out to you one day.

Thank you for your time

• There is a thread about a new server because of the steam release. Most of the questions about steam there were answered by staff, here is the link

New server for the Steam release?

Communication has actually been a lot better since the new forum was released. The old one was barely worth using since you knew that a response would either take weeks or not be forthcoming at all.

• There is a thread about a new server because of the steam release. Most of the questions about steam there were answered by staff, here is the link

New server for the Steam release?

Communication has actually been a lot better since the new forum was released. The old one was barely worth using since you knew that a response would either take weeks or not be forthcoming at all.

That amount of communication is sadly not enough.
    Did you see how many threads in Steam forum were created, and how many replies were given ?

These days it all comes down to communication with players if there isn't any or not enough then game is set to fail sooner or later.
    I' am just trying to help here.
    Keep the game alive.

• I don't think it's Community Manager's fault. But overall the company, that wont communicate with it's staff/members/players. If you are a veteran to the game, this is old news. Sure it's sad & frustrating, but it's been like this for years, and a stream release wont change that.

• I don't think it's Community Manager's fault. But overall the company, that wont communicate with it's staff/members/players. If you are a veteran to the game, this is old news. Sure it's sad & frustrating, but it's been like this for years, and a stream release wont change that.

They do realize that if they don't change anything then game will have ghost like population in few months, and probably shutdown a year or even sooner.
    Maybe it's time for me to forget about Runes of Magic once and for all.

• They do realize that if they don't change anything then game will have ghost like population in few months, and probably shutdown a year or even sooner.

They wont shut down until they lose money on the game, so far it seems like Runes of Magic is a goldmine for them, no wonder they put +30 jewels in the item shop. Stream release is in my opinion is just another way to make money, until their contract runs out in 2020. After that it would not be a suprise if they choose to shut it down. But hopefully another company can take over the publishing of the game, and make it BETTER. But i guess that is a far away dream right now.

• They do realize that if they don't change anything then game will have ghost like population in few months, and probably shutdown a year or even sooner.

They wont shut down until they lose money on the game, so far it seems like Runes of Magic is a goldmine for them, no wonder they put +30 jewels in the item shop. Stream release is in my opinion is just another way to make money, until their contract runs out in 2020. After that it would not be a suprise if they choose to shut it down. But hopefully another company can take over the publishing of the game, and make it BETTER. But i guess that is a far away dream right now.

They took it that far and put + 30 jewels ?
    It is worse then i imagined.

This is what people have been saying since 2012 :D

The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don’t.

Douglas Adams in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

• Yea, but in 2012 there was at least some development for content and client support.

I hear that there are still some errors from years ago, and they still haven't fixed those. Im talking about

64-bit client support.

This game is still using 32-bit client which is the reason for many errors and crashes with newer PCs.

They need to get with the time or it's lights out soon.

Are you an elite player who spend decent amount of money in this game by any chance ?

It seems that you are blindly defending the game, but i could be wrong.

Edited once, last by wanted92 ().

• Are you an elite player who spend decent amount of money in this game by any chance ?
    It seems that you are blindly defending the game, but i could be wrong.

If you have been playing this game for over 9 years, it's pretty much impossible to say that you haven't spend any money on the game. Sure, some players may be "hardcore free2player's" but the majorety of RoM population have at some time "invested" real money in the game. We dont trying to defend the game, we trying to tell you the honest truth about the game.

But to stay on the subject of this thread, let me quote on of my old videos:

1. Please fix your quotes, I don't like quotes with my name without my text wanted92  Bluesons00
    2. I actually am what you call "hardcore free2player's" - although I spent a lot of time in the game over the years (with a few breaks)
    3. What annoys me are those people writing "RoM will die soon" posts (if you understand what I mean), these are meaningless and provide no relevant information. I don't try to defend RoM in general, I'm just annoyed of these threads each summer.
    4. Posts that claim "64-bit client support" is (one of) the most important problems probably haven't been paying attention, there are far bigger problems. Of course a critical error once a day shows you that someone did some shitty programming, but I'd rather accept 2 more crits a day in exchange for solving other problems (e.g. publisher that actually cares, less "let's try to suck the maximum amount of money out of the players", viable F2P mechanics that work w/o buying diamonds from other players etc.)
    5. Yes, there are tons of problems in RoM and the publisher is not the smallest one. However, RoM has some unique perks most of which I did not find in any other games (i.e. the huge part of the client you can change, e.g. via addons, the variety (both in class combinations and equipment pimping) etc.)

So I'm still playing this game (when I have time. i.e. currently not), it's not a good game, sadly it's still the best game ;)

• I agree, it is one of the best games but it got ruined over the years.
    It got worse instead of better.

I was hoping to get some response from Gameforge but i see that nothing changed on that part.

• I was hoping to get some response from Gameforge but i see that nothing changed on that part.

It's Sunday.

CoMas are at home, watching Netflix, doing their taxes or whatever.

Also, what response do you expect, exactly?

Any kind of response that would show they plan to improve and do better.

What do you think about our discussion, do you think there is any point of even trying to make them do better ?
    For us players i mean, not their deep pockets.

• You're wasting your time imo. Communication with Gameforge has been one of the biggest problems since they took over. The Pit's Teamspeak charade was the last time I remember they tried to do something about it, and probably why he got fired lmao.

Jk on that last part. No idea what happened, but tbh it's not far fetched.

• Can we get some communication on Steam please ?

So far i haven't seen any reply from Gameforge staff reply to any questions and concerns about the
    game launching on Steam.

There is a lengthy thread about all aspects of the Steam launch. Greens, purples and oranges are participating fully in that discussion. It was stated the release would be in July. They may end up missing the target, or they might launch with the regular weekly maintenance Tuesday, the 31st. Patience. To say that staff is not responding, tells me only that you aren't reading the thread. They are all over it. I kinda figure they probably already have server hardware, having recently merged some of them,

Originally it was going to launch to the existing servers, but someone on the thread suggested it would benefit from launching on new servers. Management listened, and are preparing new server launches for both North America and Europe. This represents a financial investment, and even though I am not a geek, it probably requires some code to interface those new servers into the Steam client.

• Originally it was going to launch to the existing servers, but someone on the thread suggested it would benefit from launching on new servers. Management listened, and are preparing new server launches for both North America and Europe. This represents a financial investment, and even though I am not a geek, it probably requires some code to interface those new servers into the Steam client.

This represents an opportunity to get people to rebuy all their item shop stuff in order to regear etc etc etc to grab as much cash as they can before the server inevitably dies out and/or the game shuts down. To think otherwise is blind loyalty.

Yungyeezus/Roxzincrazy/Princewarden

PPK/VVV/Easycompany

How do i control to hide jears?

• I was hoping to get some response from Gameforge but i see that nothing changed on that part.

It's Sunday.

CoMas are at home, watching Netflix, doing their taxes or whatever.

Also, what response do you expect, exactly?

Don't you know? He wants THEM to respond to HIM. In his eyes this will prove that he exists and that his views are the One True Way(tm). This is the sole purpose of most trolls.

Wiki.png?version=4b4e55609c0a0a40661789aa561decddBludwyng [The RoM Wiki-Ferret]

Mithrandyr (Wd/D/S), Bludwyng (W/M), Elbehreth (M/D/S), Giblet (Wk/P/M), Grymjack (K/W), Donaldubh (R/S/P), & Reuxpierre (Ch/M/W), Malcontent (M/R/Wk), Bludborne (W/R), Wikiferret (P/M), Romwiki (M/D/Wd), Kerfuffle (C/M), & Carboncopy (P/Wk) on Ayvenas

Admin of The RoM Wiki at https://runesofmagic.fandom.com

Steam profile: Bludwyng

• Originally it was going to launch to the existing servers, but someone on the thread suggested it would benefit from launching on new servers. Management listened, and are preparing new server launches for both North America and Europe. This represents a financial investment, and even though I am not a geek, it probably requires some code to interface those new servers into the Steam client.

This represents an opportunity to get people to rebuy all their item shop stuff in order to regear etc etc etc to grab as much cash as they can before the server inevitably dies out and/or the game shuts down. To think otherwise is blind loyalty.

It is posts like this that discourages visitors to the forum from trying the game. If people don't stop, it will become a self-fulfilling prophesy. Certainly a well-read individual like Yeezy has read the legend of Oedipus

• I think we forgot the rules of the internet.

DON'T FEED THE TROLLS

image-20161005-15882-13x0gd1.jpg?ixlib=rb-1.1.0&q=45&auto=format&w=237&fit=clip