Traveling, on new Wi-Fi, can't log in

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • I am currently traveling. I was on ROM yeterday using my phone as hotspot. I was able to log in to GF Client again today, but couldn't get into ROM. I connected to a new WiFi while still logged in to GF client, and when I started ROM again, it gave me incorrect account/password error. I closed ROM, logged out from GF client (or just closed it - not sure), and then when I opened the client again, it started giving me capcha-like tests to prove I am human, one after another. I was able to log in to GF webbsite after just one "capcha", but still not to client. Please advise.

• Apuparentsuri

Changed the title of the thread from “Raveling, on new Wi-Fi, can't log in” to “Traveling, on new Wi-Fi, can't log in”.
  • Just tried again on new Wi-Fi. After doing "capcha", it says "Completed! You are being automatically redirected", and then shows me next capcha.

If I log in to GF client on my hotspot, then swtich to new Wi-Fi and launch ROM, it gives account/password error.

• Not sure whats the problem, but now it gives me a Login error too with GF client, it says invalid data. I'll send a ticket now, but not sure if anyone is answering tickets until after new year.

Crycry R/M/Wd/W/S/D

Grümpy Wl/Ch/M/P/R/W

Just an old and humble legend :)

• I still have no troubles on two hotspots, only on new Wi-Fi.

On another hotspot that is slightly different and requires proxy to be configured, I can start the client, but when I start ROM, it says my version is different. If I start the client in a different way (by launching Runes of Magic.exe), it tells me "Download http://rom-enum-patch.runewaker.com/patch/:80 version.txt fail!!". But otherwise Internet works fine.

• "Download http://rom-enum-patch.runewaker.com/patch/:80 version.txt fail!!" means that your gf launcher can not connect to the actual game account. It can come from a variety for problems but since you say you connect via wi-fi that might be the cause of the issue.

Somewhere between your and the other end the connection is unstable and will lead you to not being able to login. When you get to "Account or Password error" the connection failed mid process.