Our last hope

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • Hi, me and my team have played on all servers of this game before.After the game was moved to the steam platform, it was started from the level 100 cap and we were among the first to reach the level 100 by playing with my team, but I think it was a big mistake to start from the level 100 cap.

Because starting a game that is open to development and continuous improvement directly from the last level patch has brought a limit in front of players who are trying to discover the game or who want constant innovation and who want to constantly improve in a certain process. Also, the majority of the runes of magic players like the nostalgia part of the game more, me and my team are included in this majority.

I think that runes of magic lovers who are actively playing here or on other servers and waiting for new news will join this topic. Based on all these reasons, I suggest bringing back the original runes of magic game and opening a new nostalgia server, adhering to the unique features of the game.

In this way, you can save a beautiful game that is dead and vanishing into history.

• I've been waiting for a topic like this to pop up for a long time. While talking between me and our team; We said, "I wish there was a server where we started at level 50 and progressed slowly..." Other player friends who do not play the game here will also support this issue.

There is a sad environment where there are 100-150 active players on Steam during the day. Opening a server starting with Chapter 1 will increase this number many times over and will attract players who want to play this game, old and new. Because especially new players will love Chapter 1 and the content that will follow.

Former players want to play the simplest version of the game, not in this entangled environment. You can do this, but I don't understand why you don't. Be sure, I will never learn why you chose such a path when you have tens of times the current player number.

*censored*

I believe that if you attempt such a task, you will have a great support behind you. :)

edited by Jinsoyun

• I see people ask for things like this more often. I do not really understand this to be honest. You can already choose to lvl slow, team up with friends and do instances and bosses of your own level when leveling. But I only see people powerlvling, ask help from lvl 100 and rush to lvl 100 with alt number 35.

A bit contradicting if you ask me :)

• I couldn't agree more. The game has basically become unplayable for the average player looking for a new mmorpg.

The only changes that have occurred have been constant revamps of the item shop which is clearly the focus of

development. Diamonds cost more and you get way less. Not to mention how many thousands of diamonds people had on

accounts that were deleted via server merges which occurs every few years. Regardless of diamonds, siege war is still in

beta and continues to crashes.. end-game dungeons require insane gear are balanced not to mention pvp is too. No new development is taking place and the game is just continually degrading as newer games come out. I say this as a veteran player who has played from the first expansion, so lets be real this game has no future and isn't going anywhere which is rather unfortunate.

Exactly what this game needs, which would require minimal effort from the development team, and as said before would be

a classic/oldschool server which begins at the first expansion (capped at lvl 50) and most importantly does NOT have an

item shop to create the exact problem we are facing. Of course i doubt gameforge would do that as they care more about

the item shop rather than the game itself.

:evil::!:

• I see people ask for things like this more often. I do not really understand this to be honest. You can already choose to lvl slow, team up with friends and do instances and bosses of your own level when leveling. But I only see people powerlvling, ask help from lvl 100 and rush to lvl 100 with alt number 35.

A bit contradicting if you ask me :)

It's not about powerlevel. Since the game has already reached the maximum limit it can reach, new content cannot be produced. So it was ridiculous that the game started from level 100 and the average number of players is quite low right now, which means that gameforge is going the wrong way. My idea is to open an old school server so that new content is constantly coming to the game and it is in the process of continuous development. So it has nothing to do with choosing slow leveling.

I think you didn't fully understand the topic.

• they projected this game will be active at least to 2025. ...if you start on empty server with few players you need 2-3 year to develop some economy ...1-2 year to get top level...

...nostalgia is one thing reality is another...theres 30k games on steam...divide that with number of players and you see that ROM will play limited number of peoples...not like 2009.. when ROM was in top 5 games of year ....

Svidur was fast server and lots of peoples played there at start ...and at end all migrate to other servers..now is empty...

if you want slow ..full game...register via gameforge client...start from 1...play naked ..and ignore other players,,,

• they projected this game will be active at least to 2025. ...if you start on empty server with few players you need 2-3 year to develop some economy ...1-2 year to get top level...

...nostalgia is one thing reality is another...theres 30k games on steam...divide that with number of players and you see that ROM will play limited number of peoples...not like 2009.. when ROM was in top 5 games of year ....

Svidur was fast server and lots of peoples played there at start ...and at end all migrate to other servers..now is empty...

if you want slow ..full game...register via gameforge client...start from 1...play naked ..and ignore other players,,,

totally agree answer isnt a new server again! we had that many times, dosent matter its "classic" server will be empty in some month. just get a group of people who wants to do the correct steps to clear all inis with stats leveling etc there is plenty of servers already.

• I think if you really want to then rom can have a lot more creative freedom than it would seem. You could start all the way from the first instance at that particular level with the corresponding stats and stuff if you really like. Its nothing unheard of, but could be fun if that is your kind of thing. Set your own boundaries. Take for example the 'Chapter 1 at Level' series by Megadrach (Dan) on youtube, or the 'Battlemonk' series by Grommbash (Romhouse). Set some fun rules for your team and that should be lots of fun still. Sure, its not exactly the nostalgic experience, but the few bumps in the road could be worked around. You just need a set of rules you want to follow and perhaps even more ppl would be interested in that. Play some oddball classes nobody ever plays.

A new server is not the answer, all their limited time should go into the current servers for a long needed patch of new content and some fixes. Splintering is the worst thing they could do right now. But its not even worth debating honestly, neither thing will happen. Rom is pretty much work with what you have, or move on.

• lets make it clear...1.played and 2. achieved something in game are 2 totally different things.......

...newest thing is swap Peak orbs for exp orbs...in praxis you can be lvl 100 in few click with this feature....and what after that =? ...without quest lines you cant enter half instances and get half important skills for gameplay....and on last 5 maps (islands ) you cant take any of quests...

....if you have problem with instant 100 lvl on steam reg at GF and play properly like we all do...

...easy thing to spice thing up will be adding high lvl modes to existing instances ( like IDK ) ...or more modes like in RT....

...after all...if we preparing for Pantheon HM and we get gear from that ini ...where we go next with it ???....

...BTW maybe steam players dont know but on GF servers we dont have start from lvl 100...

• 50 online players idk what server you playing on tbh but there is still good amount of people on german and EU servers, i just dont share your opinion that it will be a good move to open another server, what game needs is new content or fix existing content.

• agree whit arca......if RW start bobing on new server again NEVER will be raise peak after some some year can farm boss in hm mod OR even new map set

forget classic useless mod current stuff need fix first ! "wasted 12 year make me char good ..spend alot time resurce on it you think i will start useless lvl 1 char to 50lvl and run hos tt ks etc what can be done in 5min and hundred time already run every one???? NEVER"

• I don't think anyone here ignores anyone's efforts and time.

My friends are right too. We've been playing the game for years because we love it. But do you think there is another solution to this? Everyone knows that the game no longer reflects elements such as story quests, dungeons, atmosphere from the 50-70 period.

I am sad to see this painting.

Screenshot-158.png

I dont want server wipes for "oldschool" server but maybe new server with Chapter 1...

I'm just saying my opinions, thanks.

• Personally, i played the game then and I wouldn't do it again, the same way i don't go most instances that ppl still run. The first thing this game need is that they raise the peak lvl cap to 20. It would really piss me off if I see GF making yet another recycled crap with the game before doing the most easy and lazy thing they need to do.

Crycry R/M/Wd/W/S/D

Grümpy Wl/Ch/M/P/R/W

Just an old and humble legend :)

• Also, the majority of the runes of magic players like the nostalgia part of the game more, me and my team are included in this majority

Opening a server starting with Chapter 1 will increase this number many times over and will attract players who want to play this game, old and new. Because especially new players will love Chapter 1 and the content that will follow.

[Citation needed.]

"CharlieBananas" on the old forums

Mattyb

Mage/Knight/Warrior

Artemis I mean... Aeterna ... Uh... United States server

Former 'The Black Tower' Co-Leader and Tarrasque Rank

Current Co-Leader Serenity Guild

<3

• Every once in a while (like hardly ever, but still) someone will post on the forum that they are trying to form a group to work together with new toons, limiting themselves to only the stats that are available when the zones they were in were the level cap. I have no idea how successful they are with the necessary discipline to pull it off.

I occasionally start a new toon and tell myself I am DEFINITELY NOT, under ANY circumstances power leveling it and running all the quests in all the zones. Ya, sure, that works- until there's an xp bonus weekend, then straight to level 60. :)

I agree, I enjoy questing more than the rest of the game, but it is what it is.

• The problem is RoM is ran by Gameforge now so if they did open a classic server you can guarantee there will be loads of extra p2w items that weren't there. I wouldn't put it past them to strait up sell exp orbs day 1 and ruin the whole thing.

OSRS has bonds and GE (Allows instant direct $=gold)
    Classic WoW has buyable mount/item shop and token on some servers($=gold) (After buying account and paying monthly lol)

The temptation is too much for these companies.

Also Runewaker can't even implement a freaking transmuter recipe correctly anymore what hope do we have of this? LOL