Recovering an old account

• I used to play this game a long time ago- like 2010. I was on Grimdal server. I managed to figure out my username and password for the main site at us.runesofmagic.gameforge.com, but I cannot get the login to work in game. It justsays Account or Password error.

Any help logging in here or am I just SOL for that account?

Something I noticed, it does say my PW was changed six days, when it most certainly was not, I just now changed it I thought.

Edit1: I managed to get it working, but the character is gone. No way to recover old characters?

Edited 3 times, last by Koravel34 ().

• As Cenre mentioned, we had a merge. The servers were first merged into two servers, Erebos and Mithras. At that time we gave players nearly a year to log in to have their characters transferred. The process was automatic - once you logged in, your characters would be transferred.'

After the merge came and went we gave an additional 3 or so months for players to contact support to have their characters manually merged. After this timeframe the characters that weren't merged were deleted.

So unfortunately if your characters aren't there, they were not merged and you will need to create new.

• As Cenre mentioned, we had a merge. The servers were first merged into two servers, Erebos and Mithras. At that time we gave players nearly a year to log in to have their characters transferred. The process was automatic - once you logged in, your characters would be transferred.'

After the merge came and went we gave an additional 3 or so months for players to contact support to have their characters manually merged. After this timeframe the characters that weren't merged were deleted.

So unfortunately if your characters aren't there, they were not merged and you will need to create new.

Yeah, not happening lol. I remember how grindy this game is, and have no intention of spending more money and more time to grind up again. Thanks for the information though.

Just a thought- possibly before deleting characters people have spent real money on, maybe try to contact them via email? I would have logged on just to prevent mine from getting deleted had I gotten such an email.

• I think everyone got mail about merge, you just didnt care about it ^^

Main: Ralesius

class: s/r/w/k/m 100/100/100/100/70

alt: Ralence

class: wl/ch/r/m/w/p 100/100/100/100/100

guild: Dragonlords

• Just a thought- possibly before deleting characters people have spent real money on, maybe try to contact them via email? I would have logged on just to prevent mine from getting deleted had I gotten such an email.

There were emails. Several of them.

Maybe they just went to your junk folder, though.

Possibly. I certainly never got an email saying the character was going to get deleted. Just checked it again, and since I have a bad habit of never deleting my junk files or messages, I still have emails in there from 2013. No messages from anything pertaining to Runes. It is what it is.

• That's sad that my char I spent real cash on was deleted, I also was not noticed about this, but there's nothing to do about it now. What I am wondering is what happened to the PVP servers?

• Same situation here.. Played about 8 or 9 years ago, then stopped for awhile and had an issue with the account that Frogster's customer support didn't respond to.. Recently I saw an advertisement for this game on facebook and decided to try playing again. I just got my account problem fixed yesterday, but was told that there were server merges and I would have to start over again. I spent a decent amount of money on the game, and do remember how much time it takes to build a character. I also checked my email for any message about server merging and character deletions - there is none.

If there is no will to fix this, and there probably isn't, I'm sure there are many other MMOs to choose from as I'd rather not play this again starting with nothing.

• spam folder if enter 30 days deleted, or was 60 days rule check you e-mail settings, 6 e-mails can be spam, so i have experience wit newsleters

It's Gmail and I don't delete anything like that. I search for "Runes" or "Runes of Magic" (which is all folders being searched) and the last email was from "Frogster Online Gaming GmbH <support at frogster-online dot com>"

The date was "
    Tue, Jul 31, 2012" for an account support issue. No newsletter or anything.... So, no. I never got any notification.

• I spent over 300 hundred real time cash Its gone now and I was just on 3 months ago WTF Im moving on this is crap