ClientUpdate.zip

• So i just downloaded and installed RoM, but as im doing the last part of the client update, it's all in a language that isn't english.

So i changed my region..

And apparently the Australia region that it has listed isn't actually there and sets my settings to something that breaks it.

Now if i try to open the installer or client or anything it pops up with "ClientUpdate.zip error" and closes, over and over.
    Nothing i can do about it, other than download and install again.

What the hell is this?

• Can't run launcher <-- see here for a workaround.

We hope to finally have that problem solved with the next Full Client expected somewhere around the Steam Release, but no guarantees until it finally appears.

[This user speaks English on a near native level.]

[This user speaks German on a native level.]

[This user can curse in a variety of languages.]

In the beginning the Universe was created.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Trust me, I'm an engineer.....with epic skill and epic gear

• That work around posted doesn't work.

It doesn't load the launcher, it goes straight to the launcher client update, which is what you see in the screenshot above, there is no chance of changing the region again while going through the first initial install because installing for the first time seems to need to update the client a bunch and closes and opens it repeatedly, so if someone picks the "Australia" region in the list of regions while you are still in the process of installing it then it short circuits because there is no Australia Region and locks the entire install into a loop, meaning there will need to be another full download and reinstall.

The "Runedev.ini" and the "update.ini" doesn't work either.

I was downloading what i thought was the english version, but the client i got was in a different language, this is why i changed the region while it was installing, i couldn't understand what was going on in the language it was defaulted to, if i had known there was no Australia region i would not have picked it, not sure why it's still in the list if it isn't actually there.

When is the steam release then?

• Yes, the posted update.inf and RuneDev.ini are meant for a completed install that is patched to the current live version 7.2.1.2830 ...

So if you are on earlier versions that might not work, true.

Can you post your <rom folder>/download/version.txt file so I can see which version you are currently on?

Steam Release is supposed to be "real soon now(tm)". Okay, seriously we're still hoping to punch it into July but I guess we won't know until Monday or Tuesday.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

• Steam Release is supposed to be "real soon now(tm)". Okay, seriously we're still hoping to punch it into July but I guess we won't know until Monday or Tuesday.

Ok cool, is there a reason the steam launch wasn't organized for a weekend?

• if that is really the content of your version.txt ... then we have a problem.

It's probably better to re-install after all, sorry :/

Well, would it have been ready by Thursday it wouldve been released, but I have no idea what's exactly missing right now.

Monday/Tuesday is just for the fact that those days still fit into July and the steam page says "July 2018" - if whatever problems remain are not solved, it might be delayed a bit further.

The actual release date has not been formally announced yet.

• Unfortunately that is what my version.txt in the download folder says.

When the installer looked like it was downloading more after already finishing the download, it looked like it was downloading updates for the client and i was suspicious because i thought i just downloaded the game right?, but if it wasn't the full install then i downloaded an old install that needed to download more patches, so i was like the hell is it doing, because it was in another language, so yeah, changed the language and boom broke it.

Pretty unimpressed with it so far, didn't think i would need to contact support before i even had a chance to play it.

But you guys were pretty quick to reply and help me figure out the installer was designed by a drunk, so yeah not so bad.

Ok, that's cool about the steam thing, i might just wait and try the game when that comes out instead, i just wanted to play something over this weekend that was new to me without hassle.

Good luck with the steam launch.