Is it a joke ?

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • Every day, as usual now, Gaia server crashes around 20:00. Today crash starts around 19:30...

Yesterday the crash happen during the siege war.

Each time with these crashs we loss items. It can be the instrument you just unpacked, the potion (angel sigh) you just take, the teleportation rune you just used... (Because you didn't want to go to the pioneer colony...) And it can also be your weapon or a piece of gear you just place in your bag... You can also loss the five wind coins you loot the instant before...

These issues are lasting since the merge and the only answer is to make tickets for losses.

Let them know how we find this runing joke funny and pleasant !

It is so funny my coasts hurt so I am obliged to make a long pause of this game... I laught too much...

Post-Scriptum : A word from Product Manager: new servers and the future

I quote the best part :

" We will merge the older servers, but this is a project that takes a lot of time and should be planned in a correct way. That is why we went with counter-intuitive way of opening the new servers before merging the old ones. Since we are all aware that the current state of the game tends to block with higher number of active players that are online at any given moment, we must calculate how to merge the servers to get an optimal situation. If we merge the servers in a way that ends up with sub-par number of online players at any given moment, we have failed to address the problem of low population on the servers. If on the other hand we merge so that the numbers are too high, it might look nice from that point of view, but would most likely lead to unstable server environment and crashes and offline times that could have been prevented with better planning. In the past we noticed that new server opening led to a rise in the number of players, some from the influx of new users, and some from reactivation of old ones. Even though it might look that those numbers should not impact the situation on the old servers, considering the fact that we would merge, it might lead to the too high numbers and unhappiness from you due to not being able to play the game for some time after the unplanned interruption of services. Once the numbers are stabilized, we will merge the current servers in an optimal way. "

I could also post the promises that were made to the players of the new Svidur and Kerub servers... Could be funny to read it back now...

"En vérité la Présence était Rose et en forme de Licorne. Mais si puissante était-Elle, que je ne pus la contempler. Aussi, la nommons-nous la Licorne Invisible Rose ; sa présence est trop incommensurable pour que nos faibles yeux la voient et nos faibles esprits la conçoivent. C'est par notre foi que nous savons qu'Elle est Rose, et qu'Elle est une Licorne. Et vraiment ceux qui disent le contraire sont des hérétiques et des infidèles !"

Edited 5 times, last by Renovatio ().

• The irony is strong here!! XD I also find this hilarious and they said this all the way back in February. So the question is, is this incompetence or they being cheap and not investing in appropriate amount of infrastructure?

I quote the best part :

" We will merge the older servers, but this is a project that takes a lot of time and should be planned in a correct way. That is why we went with counter-intuitive way of opening the new servers before merging the old ones. Since we are all aware that the current state of the game tends to block with higher number of active players that are online at any given moment, we must calculate how to merge the servers to get an optimal situation. If we merge the servers in a way that ends up with sub-par number of online players at any given moment, we have failed to address the problem of low population on the servers. If on the other hand we merge so that the numbers are too high, it might look nice from that point of view, but would most likely lead to unstable server environment and crashes and offline times that could have been prevented with better planning. In the past we noticed that new server opening led to a rise in the number of players, some from the influx of new users, and some from reactivation of old ones. Even though it might look that those numbers should not impact the situation on the old servers, considering the fact that we would merge, it might lead to the too high numbers and unhappiness from you due to not being able to play the game for some time after the unplanned interruption of services. Once the numbers are stabilized, we will merge the current servers in an optimal way. "

I could also post the promises that were made to the players of the new Svidur and Kerub servers... Could be funny to read it back now...

• I would say both.

Crycry R/M/Wd/W/S/D

Grümpy Wl/Ch/M/P/R/W

Just an old and humble legend :)

• I take advantage of the weekend to play a bit and I'm currently reading, on the world channel on Gaia, the testimony of a guy who lost all his gear after a crash server...

He wrote to support, support asked him evidence of his losses and has had no response since last Monday ...

Can we know the number of tickets opened for loss of gear and items, the number of tickets still to be processed and the estimated processing time ?

Is it normal that we need proof of what we have lost ? What form should the proof take ?

Post-Scriptum : Personally, I gave up writing for what I lost and I failed to benefit from the generosity of GM for any compensation. GM was always elsewhere than me apparently ... Perhaps a compensation in the mail box would have been fair ?

"En vérité la Présence était Rose et en forme de Licorne. Mais si puissante était-Elle, que je ne pus la contempler. Aussi, la nommons-nous la Licorne Invisible Rose ; sa présence est trop incommensurable pour que nos faibles yeux la voient et nos faibles esprits la conçoivent. C'est par notre foi que nous savons qu'Elle est Rose, et qu'Elle est une Licorne. Et vraiment ceux qui disent le contraire sont des hérétiques et des infidèles !"

• This morning (sunday the 19th of septembre) a good guy made a real nice joke on Gaia server after the dayly crash. Let's laught together :

" Ladies and gentlemen, in the event of a crash, the emergency exits are located at the front and rear of the aircraft. Thank you for choosing our Crash of Magic lines. "

Merci Julius le septième j'en ris encore !

:D

Post-Scriptum : a good idea for the next forum game... The best jokes around Crash of Magic ! Let's organize this between players with real nice and good rewards !

Edited once, last by Renovatio ().

• Did the server crash already? It's 12noon in the UK and I can't log in because "Residence" isn't available and I can't log in to Howling Mountains either...

Inferiority Complex - Original wearer of the Snow Combat Drum!

W/R/K, S/M/R, M/P/W, P/W/S since 2008 on Siochain // M/P/S & W/R/P on Osha

Everyone's name is better than mine! :(

• I think it should be clear to everyone by now, including the system operators, that Gaia has a hardware issue. You are using the same software as everyone else. GF should either invest in replacing whatever the <beep> is defective, or maybe see about leasing some server space from someone else while they tear the silly thing apart and replace it. I am sure Gaia players would rather be inconvenienced for a half-day while you are transfered to temporary"housing" and then again into the permanent, repaired server than to fight with the game every day.

• I think it should be clear to everyone by now, including the system operators, that Gaia has a hardware issue...

I'd be inclined to agree but this only holds true if Gaia is a physical server. If the servers are virtual, then this cannot be the problem.

Given how the issue has persisted for some weeks without a proper solution, I'm inclined to believe that the servers may actually be virtual.

Inferiority Complex - Original wearer of the Snow Combat Drum!

W/R/K, S/M/R, M/P/W, P/W/S since 2008 on Siochain // M/P/S & W/R/P on Osha

Everyone's name is better than mine! :(

• I think it should be clear to everyone by now, including the system operators, that Gaia has a hardware issue...

I'd be inclined to agree but this only holds true if Gaia is a physical server. If the servers are virtual, then this cannot be the problem.

Given how the issue has persisted for some weeks without a proper solution, I'm inclined to believe that the servers may actually be virtual.

virtual servers needs hardware also?

• In modern data centers there is hardly any dedicated hardware for individual applications. the same hardware is used not only for multiple game servers, but often even for multiple games. Thus, a "hardware problem" should actually be excluded, because otherwise the other virtual game servers should also have these problems.

• The simplest explanation would be that they did not estimate the server load correctly and just don't want to pay for more capacity. :D

Perhaps they want players to stop playing and then the problem resolves itself XD Whatever their next level thinking is, we clearly don't get it! :D

• Hello,

what is happening with client crashes since thursday maintenance ?

The crash message is back again...

My client crashes every three steps in towns and crashes 4 times during yesterday sw and 9 times during tonight sw ?

Did you cancel the improvement you have done on client with last maintenance ?

• I have learned after too many years that if you are alone in the problem, maybe it's not the game. Double check for windows updates. Wednesday night is the night Microsoft tends to mess with us. This is what I see on mine right now:

2021-10 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 21H1 for x64 (KB5005539).

I just did my updates over the weekend. I'm going to reboot right now so I can get it out of the way. I'm not having pa problem with the game, but my system is not the same as yours. I recommend you check for Windows updates.

• Hi Grumpdaddy, i use Windows 10 and update is done and computer reboots every day...

I can't explain why the "Crash report" box which had disapeared with client amelioration since months now reapear...

Perhaps a mess with this festival ?