Back to the game

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • Hello, I came back to the game after a few years and found a warrior / warden / scout character on my account. He is dressed for strength / physical attack, but I wanted to switch to a scout. Do you recommend anything from this combination? Is it good for doing good damage, would it be worth joining a scout with a different class?

• Scout/Warden is great combo for damage dealing, so you might just switch existing classes. It enforces scout's hitting skills and selfbuffs, and adds charged chop (turned to shooting) and thorn arrow as rather powerfull hitters.

• How is warrior/warden considered as a damage dealer. I was considering building one with 1h Axe+talisman (2 recons) and macros that use CC+skills that trigger GCD.

On paper it looked pretty strong to me since the combo will have more patt than wd/w but still benefits from briar, cc, burst skills. The crit damage increase looks nice and 1h axe should probably allow for smoother rage management.

Perhaps someone who actually played the combo could comment?

• How is warrior/warden considered as a damage dealer

Bro if it isnt too late just make a r/m scout or w/m. If it is then w/wd it is best 2h axe for pve (patt+crit). I play 1h+shield in pvp. Also in burst w/wd looses with wd/w, it has better and longer buffs (feral leader 30 sec, etc.), w/wd is better in longer fights then wd/w but looses overall with classes from above with similar gear, especially when boss requires movement. w/wd need IBP ISS 1k crit, else better play on wd/w in pve. Ahh and btw 1 recon rune is enough, if on w/wd you use tranquility powder, aggro buffs and stuff and tank cant hold aggro it means he has weak aggro.

Edited once, last by RaFineZZ ().

• All weapon runes can be placed in a talisman, and all will work except Raid rune since you never actually "attack" with the talisman and this rune only benefits the weapon its used in.

Negative aggro caps at -90%, so 1 -aggro rune is plenty, w/wd should be played with a 2h axe in pve, never 1h. Above post sums it up quite well.

• I just tried to insert an Experience rune into a talisman. The system advised that I "cannot insert this rune into armor." Tried a couple others- same result. Talismans do NOT accept weapon runes. Being in the offhand slot does not make it a weapon.

• Very aware what constitutes as a weapon thanks, just simply forgot about Experience/Loot runes. They should be the two exceptions.

Just updated game and logged in to try. Put Raid/Curse/Burst/Miracle all inside a talisman. So very curious which "couple others" you tried?

• I just tried to insert an Experience rune into a talisman. The system advised that I "cannot insert this rune into armor." Tried a couple others- same result. Talismans do NOT accept weapon runes. Being in the offhand slot does not make it a weapon.

It's a weird item, plussed using armor jewels, rune slots also through armor item. It accepts some weapon runes but not all unlike a shield which most definitely is armor. In any case Recon is something I already use in my Talisman as a W/M (I suppose all W/Ms do) I am very surprised that this is not common knowledge.

As a side note, I also wonder why healers dont use talisman with curse instead of shield? Surely they get enough stamina from gear and stats :o